The humble, grateful, articulate & detailed Tyler Lockett

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A typical recent .net thread.

“ Player X is healthy again and looking good, is primed for a big season.”

“Nah, he sucks and is a typical low talent like too many others on the Seahawks.”

Even where is a basis for some positivity there will always be the negative souls who cannot find a reason to be positive. It’s a discussion board but sometimes the pattern is tiresome.

With NoE it was quite apparent that not until late in the season did his burst return. Lockett’s game is all about his speed and his quickness and until the burst returned he was pretty much just a guy with some talent but missing that special something. With the revived burst and his returned speed he’s a threat who now has had time to learn to be a pro WR. If he stays healthy I expect him to have a great season. It’s a contract year and he’s hungry.

Besides that he seems to be a genuinely good person. Lot’sto like about this player.

Tical21

Reaction score
Nice guys are great, but have you ever heard that expression that you need some "dawgs?" We have too many flutists, and not enough dawgs. I'm terribly sorry, but this is football, and if you have too many nice guys, you're going to get bullied by teams that have more dawgs. We need less skinny jeans and smiles and walking around barefoot, and more bad-arsed mothers. Reed and Clark are a nice start, but we have too many Justin Britts. This year, all of our pregame interviews and stories are going to be about Russ and the Griffins. I love them, but it is going to make me vomit. We used to be the baddest dude on the block. We used to win that game in the phone booth and kick your ass mentally and physically. Now we are going to smile and unlimited you to submission.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god man, broken record. We get it already, everything sucks. And Russ is a complete dork, and the team has too many nice guys.
Better?

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31isdhps said:
Russ is a complete dork, and the team has too many nice guys.
Better?
You're getting it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I get that you have the Jones for putting down every little thing the guy does. All to make yourself feel better it seems. Good luck with that.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18nhjrxe said:
I get that you have the Jones for putting down every little thing the guy does. All to make yourself feel better it seems. Good luck with that.
excuse me? to make myself feel better? or to win football games?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's exactly why you are putting him down, it makes you feel better clearly. And you think it's actually funny and cool.
Russ has won at a rate as high as most QB's in the history of the game.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1eyc0m86 said:
That's exactly why you are putting him down, it makes you feel better clearly. And you think it's actually funny and cool.
Russ has won at a rate as high as most QB's in the history of the game.
I don't really get what you're saying. I said Brees is better than him to help me feel good about myself? Dude, maybe you need to get Grounded.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
Go Hawks.

Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":249u5gqw said:
No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
Go Hawks.

Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.
when did I talk crap about Russ? If you think I'm angry or get angry, you don't know me very well. There has been a definite shift from alphas to betas in the locker room. Do you agree? And having too many betas is not good. Do you agree? That's all I'm saying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A little of both is just fine. How nice someone is has nothing to do with how well they play.
It's all good, I'm too tired to argue over and over again. We see it differently, it's all good.
I think we both want them to win, that's all the matters. I don't care how it looks. I'll miss Sherm, Bennett etc. But I won't miss the drama or the chest pumping that came along with it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are plenty of guys on this team that are not lacking confidence on the field. And I suspect it will still be plenty chippy out there. On a side note, if you're ever in town for a game, I'll buy a beer. Raising a glass w/someone you argue with on here is a great excuse to drink beer.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think many are confusing antagonists versus reserved types, trash talkers and guys that will bring an attitude vocally often times are the face of a franchise as far as notoriety, other guys many times depending on position can say it all in their play. A combination usually is good, guys vocal can pump up a team like Ray Louis or Sherm. When it gets out of hand is when you start believing your own press clippings many times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good points. I think most of us probably worried that this team would have players who got a little full of themselves at some point. Unfortunately, it happened to a few, and they had to be sent off. I love the fire of guys like KJ and Wags. They are plenty fired up out there. They just don't need to scream out how great they are. But they are plenty intense and get the job done.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's weird that we need "dawgs" like Bruce Irvin around, who was little more than a role player on our defense in its heyday. We had far better players and leaders on the field at that given time, who are not brash, outspoken d-bags, like Earl, Kam, Bobby, KJ, and Cliff. Were Sherm and Bennett great players and outspoken at the time? Yes, but that "swagger" turned toxic and seemingly infected the chemistry of the entire team. Even Marshawn fell victim to his own ego and swagger turning toxic to a certain extent.

I'll take consummate pros who have insane intensity on the field over some flash-in-the-pan loud mouths who just want to be heard while they're in the limelight. You don't need some dude that acts like he should be on the streets or in prison to bring intensity and leadership to a team.

Tical21

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2takt3oa said:
It's weird that we need "dawgs" like Bruce Irvin around, who was little more than a role player on our defense in its heyday. We had far better players and leaders on the field at that given time, who are not brash, outspoken d-bags, like Earl, Kam, Bobby, KJ, and Cliff. Were Sherm and Bennett great players and outspoken at the time? Yes, but that "swagger" turned toxic and seemingly infected the chemistry of the entire team. Even Marshawn fell victim to his own ego and swagger turning toxic to a certain extent.

I'll take consummate pros who have insane intensity on the field over some flash-in-the-pan loud mouths who just want to be heard while they're in the limelight. You don't need some dude that acts like he should be on the streets or in prison to bring intensity and leadership to a team.
Exactly, he was a role player. So is Lockett. Am I crazy, or is it possible that being bad-asses and winning the street fight every week contributed greatly to our success? You take the majority as consummate pros, and you’re gonna get your ass kicked if you try to win with your running game and defense by some team with more bad-asses.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who says you have to be a jerk to be successful in the NFL?

You can win that street fight by being smarter, tougher, stronger, faster, or fundamentally better at playing ball. Between being a jerk and being a better player, give me the better player.

You say Lockett is a flutist, just what is your definition of a flutist? Who are the others you imply are holding the team back?

To me a guy coming back from a broken ankle and playing at an average to better than average level is demonstrating toughness, I wonder if perhaps you have a size bias against this player, or you just are biased against him generally? Lockett’s performance for part of his job here has been superior at times, he’s shown real skill as a WR, by using his quickness and speed, he is clearly a top level returner. Besides Baldwin who is a better WR on the team?

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.