Jon tells John... "I'm going to make you look really dumb"

SNDavidson

Reaction score
"I'm gonna make you look dumb!"
ryan.0.gif

GoodnaturedQuestionableArachnid size restricted

Lol, only post because I DO love what Jon has brought to game in game out, but man, I almost peed my pants on this one lol, poor guy "I'm a real football player!"

edit: forgot this one

jon-ryan-fake-punt.gif

nothing like a jon ryan fake a rooni lol

I guess we should close with his best

0c20d05561c4e2dda883d1dc65bee2bb

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3obw18rp said:
chris98251":3obw18rp said:
KiwiHawk":3obw18rp said:
Assuming all reports are true - which is always a dangerous assumption, I freely admit - then even with Ryan at the peak of his career there's no way we would keep him over Dickson.

Dickson is reported to be not just a standout but a generational talent, and those guys sometimes end up in the Hall.

No, I am not putting Dickson in the HOF. I am saying IF the reports are true then he could be a generational talent, and IF he's a generational talent then SOMETIMES they make it to the HOF.

So I'm saying there's a chance...

Jesus he has yet to kick anything in pre season and were talking HOF, let the off season get over ASAP. Ray Guy is the stick everyone is measured against as a Punter, meet his numbers and then start the talk.
You get the "so there's a chance" quote, right?

Crap maybe it's too obscure or old for you. I hate having to explain references, particularly ones i thought were global memes.

So there's this movie called Dumb and Dumber...

[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]
I loved the reference. No need to explain it; I am pretty sure most got it.
I am a little shocked that it went over someone's head. I had assumed every one on the board had reflexes fast enough to catch that one.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jon is right. If all things are equal, keeping Ryan would make John S look really dumb. Go with the cheaper guys that gives the same production.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO: Last years basic stats clearly show that Ryan is still a statistically good punter and he has a real battle on his hands to deal with Michael Dickson, one that he will likely lose & have to find another team. Of course, there are numerous important punting stats beyond the basics, but from what I've seen Dickson will very likely have an obvious edge in many of these over Ryan. Dickson seems to have excellent body control and ball placement skills some of which haven't been seen before in the NFL. PC/JS knew what they wanted in their new scheme with the running game and field position improvement was a big part of their plan. Dickson fills a need and will be a shock to a lot of the media idiots that bashed the "trade up for a punter?" draft pick. The below link has some film and very good other information about Dickson's punting abilities.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/ ... awks-draft

----John Ryan; (2017: Who was actually the #5 punter in NFL at least in these basic #'s.)
16-games, 92 punts (5.75/game) for 4141-yds (258.8/game) & 45.0-yd. AVG punt.

----Michael Dickson; (drafted by the Seahawks in Rd-5, but was generally projected as high as a Rd-3 pick.)
2017: 13-games, 84 punts (6.5/game) for 3984-yds (306.5/game) & 47.43-yd AVG punt.

:smilingalien:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":mm76xlys said:
Every punter in High School and College and on a Pro team has a chance, since there is only 1 Punter in the Hall I think it's worse then trying to win the Lottery with a person like Ray Guy as the expectation.
Dude you didn't get the joke - just walk away.

Jac

Reaction score
Even if Ryan out-punts Dickson this preseason, there's almost zero percent chance he'd win the job. Salary cap and age efficiencies aside, JS traded up for Dickson and was reportedly laughed at by the Bronco war room. He'd have to be terrible (which is reportedly the opposite of what he's supposed to be) in order to immediately stain this draft class and get cut.