Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

jammerhawk

Reaction score
toffee":163n7jpy said:
Sgt. Largent":163n7jpy said:
SoulfishHawk":163n7jpy said:
Agree to disagree

Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?

For the following reasons:

1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

All in all, earl damaged his own brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toffee your post nailed it!

Earl only has himself to blame for decreasing his value.

His vocal stupidity, and completely foolish and now disingenuous behaviour has taken a wrecking ball to his value.

I doubt anyone offers anything of value for him b/c he will be a FA next year and wants the moon so he's uncertain of being re-signed. Sort of like Sheldon Richardson, that trade was a galactic error by BBP who thought his O might be better than it was last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":2emgk72n said:
Sgt. Largent":2emgk72n said:
SoulfishHawk":2emgk72n said:
Agree to disagree

Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?

1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

You're making my points. Soulfish is the one who thinks Earl's still in his prime and doesn't have an "injury history."

I disagree about your locker room cancer opinion though. Earl's been nothing but a model example of how to bust your ass on the field and in the film room.

Yes he can be emotionally volatile, but IMO that's not scaring teams away. It's his age, injury history and extension demands.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hkzj2cf said:
toffee":1hkzj2cf said:
Sgt. Largent":1hkzj2cf said:
SoulfishHawk":1hkzj2cf said:
Agree to disagree

You're making my points. Soulfish is the one who thinks Earl's still in his prime and doesn't have an "injury history."

I disagree about your locker room cancer opinion though. Earl's been nothing but a model example of how to bust your ass on the field and in the film room.

Yes he can be emotionally volatile, but IMO that's not scaring teams away. It's his age, injury history and extension demands.

Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

f6ada5ab9a9a4a7386d3d827626c21b8.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3idnfjv4 said:
Not saying he is or isn't, I'm undecided as I see mixed evidence. But there is evidence. This for one and his rift with Wags on twitter about playing injured are signs of tension at least.

I've seen those, and yes Earl has an irritating quality to his volatile personality.........he can be almost manic depressive how he deals with his emotions.

So I can see how that grates on his teammates. But I still contend he's still a positive locker room presence, or at least neutral as to not affect other team's interest in that part of trading for Earl.

If we're applying percentages as to why no team is giving up high pick(s) for Earl, I'd go with;

60% Eric Berry-esque 5-6 year extension with 40M guaranteed demand
30% injury history
5% age
5% personality

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lsk2fm2c said:
Seymour":lsk2fm2c said:

I've seen those, and yes Earl has an irritating quality to his volatile personality.........he can be almost manic depressive how he deals with his emotions.

So I can see how that grates on his teammates. But I still contend he's still a positive locker room presence, or at least neutral as to not affect other team's interest in that part of trading for Earl.

If we're applying percentages as to why no team is giving up high pick(s) for Earl, I'd go with;

30% injury history
5% age
5% personality

I like what you did there. Prob. not too far off but there is something that was left out. Making public display about playing in Dallas took a lot of team out of contention IMO and helped kill his market value. Earl screwed Earl just by being Earl.

My name is earl 20090526144523 625x352

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3bsb0erj said:
Sgt. Largent":3bsb0erj said:
Seymour":3bsb0erj said:

30% injury history
5% age
5% personality

I like what you did there. Prob. not too far off but there is something that was left out. Making public display about playing in Dallas took a lot of team out of contention IMO and helped kill his market value. Earl screwed Earl just by being Earl.

My name is earl 20090526144523 625x352

Maybe, but me thinks Earl would somehow figure out a way to be happy with playing somewhere besides Dallas if he was given the monster extension he wants.

But yes, I agree declaring he wanted to go to Dallas doesn't help either side.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":gb8zwtif said:

That’s not evidence. That’s just teammates playing on the edge.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I am not saying Thomas is a locker room cancer in the traditional sense. However, when it comes to the "I'm In" philosophy, Earl is a player who undermines it.

He went at Kam when he held out saying it was hurting the team. Now he's doing the same thing knowing it hurts the team. That's not "In". That's "Me-first", not "team-first". That says "ignore the airy-fairy bullshit that Pete is spouting and be about yourself instead". So as he relates to *our* locker room, he's trouble.

drrew

Reaction score
Murmurs in Dallas that something could be announced tomorrow.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1wgaggg2 said:
Seymour":1wgaggg2 said:

And this is a kingfisher looking for dinner. :roll:

N edit frametrueobject width80object height8

Cancers get under peoples skin. Leaders encourage greatness. Look again.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":dytv0xxn said:
hawknation2018":dytv0xxn said:
Seymour":dytv0xxn said:

And this is a kingfisher looking for dinner. :roll:

N edit frametrueobject width80object height8

Cancers get under peoples skin. Leaders encourage greatness. Look again.

You have no idea what is happening in that photo.

Seymour

Reaction score
A picture says 1000 words. You say nothing.
You sound exactly like you did when you defended Tom Cable.
bye again. :pukeface:

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pk2or5d said:
So.. what 1000 words does that picture say to you?

I'll talk to you. First thing that comes to mind....It says one word in BOLD.

Tension.

That tension again reared it's ugly head in a twitter comment from Thomas.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":2qr7ohw9 said:
Uncle Si":2qr7ohw9 said:

Tension.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":21bn0nq7 said:
Uncle Si":21bn0nq7 said:

Tension.

You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

that's a big stretch in my opinion.

Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1dze4iau said:

Not really any new information, other than Earl probably isn't going to holdout once training camp starts.

We have all the leverage with Earl, and we have all the leverage with Dallas and any other team that wants Earl. Give us your 1st (or maybe 2nd), and he's yours to have and negotiate with.

Or we're just fine keeping him and franchising Earl for another year or two.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1oltn192 said:
Seymour":1oltn192 said:
Uncle Si":1oltn192 said:

Tension.

You see tension in a picture featuring defensive players in caps and a football? One smiling and throwing it, another yelling, another "maybe" scowling?

that's a big stretch in my opinion.

Tension may exist, or has existed. But that picture seems like the D relaxing on the sideline

Now combine that with the fact they are clearly shopping Earl and I think there is mixed evidence of issues. Keep in mind I said I'm undecided because Earl has also clearly shown leadership at times too. You are walking into a situation of someone that loves to stir the pot against anything I post here. Again, I'm not saying he is or isn't.