POLL: How Long Until The Hawks Get Back To The Super Bowl?

How Soon Will It Take For The Hawks To Get Back To The Super Bowl?

• This year. (mic drop)

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • 2 years at least.

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • 3 years at least.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • 4 years at least.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5 years or longer.

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uam7vlj said:
Bigpumpkin":3uam7vlj said:
Can we wait until we see how this team plays the first eight games? "Instant gratification" is the "word of the day" in America. This isn't a poll about "wanting to get back"......it is about can this team play their way back to the SB?

Yes, we should shut the forum down until the first eight games are played.

No reason to spend time having interesting and engaging conversations speculating about how long it might take to get back to a SB with the current and future roster.

That's utter nonsense........................ANGUISH, SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN UNTIL GAME 8!!

LOL! :2thumbs:

calihawk

Reaction score
Hopefully this year . I voted three years,get rid of PC ,build from a good nucleus,coach of the year and Wilson MVP.

One can only dream.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people here can't see the obvious - the players on the team were never the problem. When push came to shove during the second half of games, the "game plan" would be thrown out the window and the players would play to their strengths and improvise plays that worked. That's when RW would turn into the best QB in the league. The slow starts that were complained about rested strictly on the heads of cabevel. With them gone, we can expect that the new coaches will play to the strengths of our actual players from the start of every game. I fully expect to see a 14 point per game jump in offensive output this year just from getting rid of the stupid play calling and cable's "blocking" scheme of every o-lineman throwing themselves on the ground to act a speedbumps.

Seymour

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3vy2k0i6 said:
I don't understand why so many people here can't see the obvious - the players on the team were never the problem. When push came to shove during the second half of games, the "game plan" would be thrown out the window and the players would play to their strengths and improvise plays that worked. That's when RW would turn into the best QB in the league. The slow starts that were complained about rested strictly on the heads of cabevel. With them gone, we can expect that the new coaches will play to the strengths of our actual players from the start of every game. I fully expect to see a 14 point per game jump in offensive output this year just from getting rid of the stupid play calling and cable's "blocking" scheme of every o-lineman throwing themselves on the ground to act a speedbumps.

Maybe not but facts are fact.

We lost Richardson, Richardson, Graham, Bennett, Avril, Sherman, Willson, Chancellor, and quite possible Thomas.

So, many of the players that "were not the problem" are now gone, and most were "team top 10" players.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The title says “back” are we talking back to the owl? Back in contention? Back to the playoffs? Back to being part of the national conversation? Because of the positional coaching changes and what many perceive to be addition by subtraction regarding some of the malcontents and possible trouble makers then I vote now! But then I’ve always been an optimistic Seahawks fan. I once believed they would be the team of the decade. Every decade...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I expect about 3 years before we are a team can be competitive in the playoffs again (not counting wildcard games).

I don't think elite is coming again. We were elite because we had better players at multiple positions and that is likely not in the cards again.

But I think we can be very good in a few years and I am happy with that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":13nk0krk said:

You can't sub divide blame. Football is the ultimate team game, it's everything..............coaching, drafting, playcalling and the players.

There's most certainly blame to go around for the players. We had an all star defense that underachieved for the past 2-3 years...........either through age, injury, motivation or just flat out didn't play well..............and no one can tell me the O-line wasn't an issue, and RB position.

So you can't just explain away the past 2-3 years on Bevell and Cable. Those guys were there during the SB runs.

I do think we're getting back to that young nasty physical ball control and defense, but IMO there's still work to be done on starting and depth.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":18aizp9z said:
I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.
LOL, so you be thinkin' that they should have kept Bevey as O.C. because he was the better option than Schotty?
I believe that RW & Schottenheimer are going to be feeding off a way better Playbook.
I believe that OVERALL, we are going to be much, much better than last season...Hell, we were just a couple field goals away from a Wild Card to the playoffs last Year, and that was with NO Run Game, Crap Kicking Game, a bunch of injuries, + Tom Cable, & Darryl Bevell mucking up the whole process.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3t9fl36r said:
The title says “back” are we talking back to the owl? Back in contention? Back to the playoffs? Back to being part of the national conversation?

My bad...Apparently I have caused some confusion with the thread title being a bit ambiguous. I changed it to be more specific. I always meant to say Super Bowl, not just playoffs.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks getting rid of Pete Carroll improves our chances at a Super Bowl is clearly delusional.

Have they forgotten Jim Mora already? Tom Flores? Dennis Erickson? Carroll has accomplished things at the college and NFL level that very few head coaches have ever done. He is one of the very best head coaches and defensive minds in the history of the game.

I hope he means what he says when he said he plans to coach for at least another five years. That would improve our chances. But even the likeliest teams, I.e. Belichick’s Patriots, went a decade between championships. Nothing is guaranteed, which is why it helps to have a supportive fan base.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawknation2018":10ahgpwc said:
Anyone who thinks getting rid of Pete Carroll improves our chances at a Super Bowl is clearly delusional.

Have they forgotten Jim Mora already? Tom Flores? Dennis Erickson? Carroll has accomplished things at the college and NFL level that very few head coaches have ever done. He is one of the very best head coaches and defensive minds in the history of the game.

I hope he means what he says when he said he plans to coach for at least another five years. That would improve our chances. But even the likeliest teams, I.e. Belichick’s Patriots, went a decade between championships. Nothing is guaranteed, which is why it helps to have a supportive fan base.

Yep, yep, yep.

It's not like Super Bowl-winning coaches grow on trees to your point. I think some fans assume Pete is done. He has nothing left in the tank. How absurd. It's about players that resonate with his message (see: young and hungry with chips on their shoulders). Sure the salty veterans tune him out and it's no coincidence that those players are gone.

This is a reboot and I can't wait to see and hear all the mediots eat their words soon enough.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Aros":heig5ie1 said:
hawknation2018":heig5ie1 said:

Yep, yep, yep.

It's not like Super Bowl-winning coaches grow on trees to your point. I think some fans assume Pete is done. He has nothing left in the tank. How absurd. It's about players that resonate with his message (see: young and hungry with chips on their shoulders). Sure the salty veterans tune him out and it's no coincidence that those players are gone.

This is a reboot and I can't wait to see and hear all the mediots eat their words soon enough.

This in spades. Pete Carroll has not been the problem (big picture no, has he made mistakes, sure). To replace him before he wants to go would be a colossal mistake in my opinion.

getnasty

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3atfld81 said:
getnasty":3atfld81 said:
I want to say this year and it could be but Shotty has done nothing in his life as a OC to make me think that the offense will pick up for the losses on defense.
LOL, so you be thinkin' that they should have kept Bevey as O.C. because he was the better option than Schotty?
I believe that RW & Schottenheimer are going to be feeding off a way better Playbook.
I believe that OVERALL, we are going to be much, much better than last season...Hell, we were just a couple field goals away from a Wild Card to the playoffs last Year, and that was with NO Run Game, Crap Kicking Game, a bunch of injuries, + Tom Cable, & Darryl Bevell mucking up the whole process.

I'm trying to remember where I said they should have kept Bevell, oh that's right I didn't. I think it was time for a change and liked the Pete shook things up but BS has been nothing short of horrible in his career. I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The last time a Superbowl run for the Seahawks ended was the 2008 season. By the 2012 season, they were back to being contenders. Paul Allen plays a very important part in why this team has been competitive since he has taken over.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":2muymvi6 said:
The last time a Superbowl run for the Seahawks ended was the 2008 season. By the 2012 season, they were back to being contenders. Paul Allen plays a very important part in why this team has been competitive since he has taken over.

He will go after high profile coaches and pay them, that helps.

If Pete retired Suddenly you can bet Paul would hold a round table of guys he knows and trusts that have their fingers on the pulse of the league knowing who is unhappy and who is going to be able to lead and maintain a way to the Super Bowl again, we went with Offense and Holmgren the first time and Defense and Pete the second.

I would think Jim Harbaugh would be on that list as well as Pederson, he is from Bellingham, we went after Holmgren in Green Bay and I would think no hesitation would be made going after Pederson if his winning holds up.

kf3339

Reaction score
Personally, I'm very surprised so many picked this year to make it back to the Super Bowl. It must be just for fun. The NFC is loaded with SB contending teams (Philly, Atlanta, New Orleans, Minn, GB, LAR) all with a better chance than us this year.

I personally said 2 years at least since it will take this year just to adjust to the new coaching schemes on offense and get the defense back in shape with the new guys up. Love to be proven wrong, but very doubtful.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I voted this year, and here's why.

A lot of teams/people are going to be sleeping on us this year since we lost a lot of big names, and that's a mistake. We have quite a few solid players and I think we're going to make a big splash. As far as the Superbowl goes, even the best teams can lose their spot in the playoffs due to injuries, miscues, offense/defense not doing their part, etc. Anything can happen, and I'm rooting for the Seahawks to go all the way, even if everyone says there's no statistical chance of it happening. It's called "I believe"

Palmegranite

Reaction score
So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2s52ay22 said:
So all those that are saying 2 or 3 years, what do you expect RW et al to do for these two years. Idle? Try to go uninjured? This is the Seahawks, not The Buccaneers, and our QB is Russell Wilson. Our coach is Pete Carroll, not Rex Ryan. This is the year.

I'm confused by your statement. Because we have Russell, that means the rest of the team is already a SB caliber roster?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bajwsdu said:
Palmegranite":2bajwsdu said:

I'm confused by your statement. Because we have Russell, that means the rest of the team is already a SB caliber roster?

There are multiple teams every year with Super Bowl-caliber rosters. This fact is usually hidden simply because only one team can win per NFL rules.

So I have little problem thinking that Russell and a HEALTHY surrounding team is likely a Super Bowl roster. 2017 doesn't get that title from me because of the K situations, but besides that, I had no problem believing it. Just gotta stay reasonably healthy.