Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Two games to shut Sherman up. what do we do?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • So how do we contain the big mouth and show everybody that the defense is more of a sum of parts than the one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• Quit listening.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Good point, stop dwelling on it and concentrate on who we HAVE on the team. He wants people to pay attention to him, just move on.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• NOLAHawk wrote:So how do we contain the big mouth and show everybody that the defense is more of a sum of parts than the one

Well, Hawks certainly have time to ponder that one. You don't even play the Niners until Week 13 in December.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    NOLAHawk wrote:So how do we contain the big mouth and show everybody that the defense is more of a sum of parts than the one

Well, Hawks certainly have time to ponder that one. You don't even play the Niners until Week 13 in December.

I may go to that one....Just to laff at him.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Best thing to do is be above it. Stick to the gameplan and go for the W.

Nothing will stop Sherm from spinning any outcome as a positive for himself.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Win.

Don’t get the “we got to get Sherm back mentality”.

Seattle released him.

He is playing some of you the same way he played the niner fanbase after the NFCCG.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• He does live to play people.

At this juncture, a Psychiatrist might be tempted to suggest this preoccupation with former Seahawk Richard Sherman as more evidence of yet another mutation ...... terming it "Sherman Derangement Syndrome". :lol:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Shutting Sherman up shouldn't be anywhere near the list of concerns or priorities for the Seahawks.

And Sherman isn't going to shut up no matter what anyone does or says.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• In that 13th game, if Sherman plays (?), the Seahawks need to target his mouth with a well place elbow or two, hopefully that would help shut up his stupid mouth. Why does he have to be such an asshole about his former team when they are the one that gave him the opportunity to prosper? Sherman lost my respect when he gave the coaches the finger a while back, that should have had him cut on the spot IMO. NO player is above the team.
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Sherman lost my respect when he gave the coaches the finger a while back, that should have had him cut on the spot IMO. NO player is above the team.

Feel the same way about Lynch and Baldwin too?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Go right at him. If anyone knows what his major weakness is its Pete and Russ.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Even if he does get beat and/or they lose, it certainly won't be his fault. Ever
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Line Will Dissly up against him all game and wear him out with constant smashing and body slamming
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:He does live to play people.

At this juncture, a Psychiatrist might be tempted to suggest this preoccupation with former Seahawk Richard Sherman as more evidence of yet another mutation ...... terming it "Sherman Derangement Syndrome". :lol:

Shermination Syndrome??? :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• It’s like I care if I listen it’s about the play.

Do we throw at him. Do we run at him. Do we avoid him.

NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Even if he does get beat and/or they lose, it certainly won't be his fault. Ever

Agreed that is one thing you can count on if good all about Sherman if bad its everyone else.
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie

• Frankly, I could care less what Sherman says anymore. I do think he was right about the team losing it's direction after XLIX, but Pete is back on his game again and the team has a new OC and a new OLine coach and the running game is under new management. To me getting rid of both Cable and Bevell were giant steps forward.

In the end no player is ever bigger than the team and that even includes Thomas.

I hope Baldwin eats Sherman's lunch when the teams next play each other. For now, ignoring Sherman is not a bad idea.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Put Baldwin or Lockett on his side and run slants all day
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• Sherman could have been a positive for the team had he worked with Pete and the other players to resolve his concerns about the direction of the team, but as is usual in his case he'd rather draw attention to himself. Like a few others the siren call of notoriety is more important than advancing the interests of a team that helped make him wealthy and famous.

Largely with Sherman, hitting the ignore button has become a regular occurrence.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Throw at him. Those games are later in the year. Well be ready.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point, stop dwelling on it and concentrate on who we HAVE on the team. He wants people to pay attention to him, just move on.

Dude....come on! Sounds like you have lost your way!

What happen to bigger, faster, stronger, louder....we traded louder?? :twisted: :mrgreen:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Sherman lost my respect when he gave the coaches the finger a while back, that should have had him cut on the spot IMO. NO player is above the team.

I do! I will say Baldwin has mostly earned my respect back...but the finger and SB dump were lowlights of his career IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Sherman lost my respect when he gave the coaches the finger a while back, that should have had him cut on the spot IMO. NO player is above the team.

I do! I will say Baldwin has mostly earned my respect back...but the finger and SB dump were lowlights of his career IMO.

I agree with you, but I do feel the next round of drama will be coming from him with his contract talks and his constant bashing of the president.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• We have NO championships without Richard Sherman.

Stop your over-sensitive grown-man whining.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter

• Chapow wrote:Shutting Sherman up shouldn't be anywhere near the list of concerns or priorities for the Seahawks.

And Sherman isn't going to shut up no matter what anyone does or says.

This - the best way to shut a narcissist up is to stop listening and given them no attention.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• I don't understand why people are so irritated with Sherman. He is a man that has an unbridled passion for the game. Not many players have this kind of passion, and fire. What Sherman is, is frustrated. I think he still loves the Hawk's and is frustrated by being let go, and at the direction that the team has been going. Nobody took that Super Bowl loss harder than Sherman did.

I still love Sherman, he is a warrior that has a true love for the game and his craft.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• This year, I think that his mouth will be writing checks that his body can't cash!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• And giving up touchdowns that are not his fault. Amazing player, but I have a feeling his best years are far behind him. And not just because he plays for the Niners and I can't stand them.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:I don't understand why people are so irritated with Sherman. He is a man that has an unbridled passion for the game. Not many players have this kind of passion, and fire. What Sherman is, is frustrated. I think he still loves the Hawk's and is frustrated by being let go, and at the direction that the team has been going. Nobody took that Super Bowl loss harder than Sherman did.

I still love Sherman, he is a warrior that has a true love for the game and his craft.

I love Sherman the player, I don't like Sherman the mouth.

I understand that these two things go hand in hand, and contributed to what made him the great player he was (still is?). But it wore thin on me, and obviously Pete and John as well...............because he's gone.

My prediction is he'll come out and look great after completely healing, but then come back down to earth with more nagging injuries, which means losing a step.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:I don't understand why people are so irritated with Sherman. He is a man that has an unbridled passion for the game. Not many players have this kind of passion, and fire. What Sherman is, is frustrated. I think he still loves the Hawk's and is frustrated by being let go, and at the direction that the team has been going. Nobody took that Super Bowl loss harder than Sherman did.

I love Sherman the player, I don't like Sherman the mouth.

I understand that these two things go hand in hand, and contributed to what made him the great player he was (still is?). But it wore thin on me, and obviously Pete and John as well...............because he's gone.

My prediction is he'll come out and look great after completely healing, but then come back down to earth with more nagging injuries, which means losing a step.

Agreed :2thumbs:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Don't get why anyone would be upset here, Sherm is being who he is and stirring the pot to get opponents on edge and in their head along with their fan base, How is it to have Sherm in your head?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Don't get why anyone would be upset here, Sherm is being who he is and stirring the pot to get opponents on edge and in their head along with their fan base, How is it to have Sherm in your head?

Some people have a lot of unusable space up there....some do. My 6 other personalities are rebelling. They love each other.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Odd. This isn't something to be addressed at all.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Anybody tellin him to "get over it" are the same ones caught up on his every word.
    Sherm is doing Sherm things.
    Quit actin brand new.
    Sounds like y'all need to "get over" him doing what he's ALWAYS done.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• Sherm's got to make it to week 13 on two rebuilt achilles tendons... He may be on IR by then.
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Can't speak for Doug but it's a fair bet to assume he regrets the "dump" in the SB. In the end it really doesn't matter. I just hope he's hyped for this season. We're going to need him and all the vets this year to bring the 'youngins' around.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Sherman has so many salty Hawks fans dancing.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• If reports are true that he is running full speed and walking with a limp after practice then he might NOT make it to week 13.
    We know Sherm will try to play 100% every game for those incentives. We wont know how his legs and achilles holds up until a few games into the season.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• We would be better served focusing on Vaughn Miller, Bradley Chubb, and the Denver Broncos. We can worry about Sherm when we get to him.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:Go right at him. If anyone knows what his major weakness is its Pete and Russ.

:ditto:

I've been saying this to my peeps for a while now. We are also taking about someone who ruptured both of his achilles tendons. He will not be the same CB as he was when he played for us. We got the best of Sherm so the Whiners can have our leftovers.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• What would happen if the "supposed GOAT coach", BelliCheat was given the finger by one of his players (other than his buddy at QB and possibly even then depending on context.) Team discipline is a coaches responsibility & many take it more seriously than PC has shown over the years. You can't allow inmates to run the prison & you can't allow a superstar to violate team discipline, show up his coaches and influence young teammates negatively, that never really works out. See Lynch, Sherman, et. al.. This is my personal OPINION (that ALL fans have a right to, so flame on if that's your gig in life, but keep in mind this is a team sport, not an individual sport so the actions of one can and do influence all.)
    :smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• What would happen if the "supposed GOAT coach", BelliCheat was given the finger by one of his players (other than his buddy at QB and possibly even then depending on context.) Team discipline is a coaches responsibility & many take it more seriously than PC has shown over the years. You can't allow inmates to run the prison & you can't allow a superstar to violate team discipline, show up his coaches and influence young teammates negatively, that never really works out. See Lynch, Sherman, et. al.. This is my personal OPINION (that ALL fans have a right to, so flame on if that's your gig in life, but keep in mind this is a team sport, not an individual sport so the actions of one can and do influence all.)
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Stay as far away from him as possible. Russell is going to try to throw it at him. It's going to be ugly. It will certainly garner a 15 yard flag. Who are we going to beat him with? Brandon Marshall? Darboh? It would be really fun to watch if they man him up on Doug.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:Stay as far away from him as possible. Russell is going to try to throw it at him. It's going to be ugly. It will certainly garner a 15 yard flag. Who are we going to beat him with? Brandon Marshall? Darboh? It would be really fun to watch if they man him up on Doug.

One of the things I like about our offense is that we aren't afraid to throw at the #1 corner. Butler isn't on the same level as a Sherman, but we went after him in 2016 and did really well. The Week 17 game against the Cards was a good example, Doug got a deep TD on Peterson. I also remember in 2015, Lockett had beaten Peterson deep and Russ overthrew him - would've been a TD. Now, this has worked against us as well, the Jags game this year was a good example of that. We had great success against their safeties deep, but their corners got three picks when we tested them deep.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

King Dog
    NET Veteran

• 8 of his first 9 games are going to be played on grass. I have a feeling he will be hurt before he even plays the Seahawks.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:What would happen if the "supposed GOAT coach", BelliCheat was given the finger by one of his players (other than his buddy at QB and possibly even then depending on context.) Team discipline is a coaches responsibility & many take it more seriously than PC has shown over the years. You can't allow inmates to run the prison & you can't allow a superstar to violate team discipline, show up his coaches and influence young teammates negatively, that never really works out. See Lynch, Sherman, et. al.. This is my personal OPINION (that ALL fans have a right to, so flame on if that's your gig in life, but keep in mind this is a team sport, not an individual sport so the actions of one can and do influence all.)

After all the uproar over Bob Mcnair using the inmates and prison analogy, you're really going to come on this site and use it?
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information