Brian Schottenheimer - future Seahawks Head Coach

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny if you don’t think Perry will be an automatic HOF player and our new OC so successful that he becomes HC then you are a pessimist....

So guess I won’t counter the OP. Just say IF we are successful then yes he would be one of the candidates

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Unless Pete develops a "health challenge", I see him staying until the end of the 2019 year. Brian's future here depends on this year's performance.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":3v4oms9d said:
Spin Doctor":3v4oms9d said:
homerun1970":3v4oms9d said:
HawkGA":3v4oms9d said:
Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.
Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.

Mentioning his name got me a warning here because everyone is suppose to magically know he was banned and cannot "defend himself". :roll: :pukeface: :141847_bnono:

He was banned? Had no idea lol

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":2ao6jaby said:
Seymour":2ao6jaby said:
Spin Doctor":2ao6jaby said:
homerun1970":2ao6jaby said:
Yeah he left when Bevell did. Talk about a serious Bevell fetish guy could see nothing wrong ever.
Sioux Hawk. He believed Jackson was a legit starting QB, and he worshiped the ground Bevell walked on. I have my suspicions that he was Bevell himself. Viking fans are not too fond of the guy either.

Mentioning his name got me a warning here because everyone is suppose to magically know he was banned and cannot "defend himself". :roll: :pukeface: :141847_bnono:

He was banned? Had no idea lol

Exactly...but don't say his name! It would make no sense that he would leave on his own since his superhero was fired....riiiiight. :roll:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":3eg89ar1 said:
Spin Doctor":3eg89ar1 said:
homerun1970":3eg89ar1 said:
HawkGA":3eg89ar1 said:
Wasn't there a poster who always said Bevell would be the next head coach?

So, what you're saying is that Siouxhawk is the .net equivalent of Voldemort? He who shall not be named.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2kbp4l59 said:
He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Now that I’m on record I feel much better.

Maybe Eddie Lacy and him will be in the same HOF class one day.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Scientist,

For him to be successful enough to be a Head Coach, he would have to be pretty successful here.

That would only happen by him making us successful.

If he helps the Seahawks find success again I would be ecstatic.

Let's hope you are right.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z0ihld8 said:
Scientist,

For him to be successful enough to be a Head Coach, he would have to be pretty successful here.

That would only happen by him making us successful.

If he helps the Seahawks find success again I would be ecstatic.

Let's hope you are right.

They'd have to have a historically good offense for him to be HC-worthy IMO. I think Shanahan is a good example of a guy who had some success in a few places that culminated in him creating a top 10 all time offense in the 2016 Falcons, which led to him getting a HC job. If Schotty can do that, good on him. I don't think he's the same kind of OC as Shanahan though.

toffee

Reaction score
I would guarantee this much:

If Shotty failed to impress as Seahawks’ OC, he will never become a HC in NFL. No doubt about it.

If he would to be super successful, ie top 3 offense in year 3, he would be under consideration for HC by Paul and other owners.

I am hoping that he turn our offense around, I felt like we have two great pieces: Wilson and Baldwin; an unproven but potential game changer in Penny; and two nice change of pace RBs, so we have some asset in skilled position. Two good blocking TEs and an OL stocked with two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team guard.

If Shotty could improve points per game from our 22.9 (#11th ranked) to 26.1 (#5th Jacksonville) in this season and to 28 (#3rd Philly) in next season. Hawks could go really really deep in playoffs.

Are we better this season on offense? We lost a capable but incomplete TE, a speedy WR, a LOL LG. We gained one of the best college RB, return of Carson. A faulted but top notch run blocking RG, and a pair of top notch BLOCKING TEs. I like our chance to be better than last year.

Guys, 3 points or a field goal per game separate us from league’s #5 offense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

If he is awesome he will be poached after 1 yr. NFL Teams are desperate for QB guru type Head Coaches. So he will be an NFL Head Coach, just for another team.

-or-

More than likely he will be just okay and not be deemed Head Coach material. In that case he definitely won't get the Seahawks job. Paul Allen likes to hire big.

Just throw him on the pile along with Cable, Bevell, & Richard who were supposed to be the Seahawks next Head Coach according to some around here.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":326pfsk0 said:
He is going to be super successful here. So much so he is going to replace Pete when Pete is done. Pete’s contract ends at the end of the 2019 season paving the way for coach Schotty.

Now that I’m on record I feel much better.
Nothing about this man says he is going to be successful. He runs an archaic form of offense from a bygone era. It is complicated, and it takes teams at least a year to get a full grasp of it. He is on his forth rodeo, and from the footage I've watched of him I can see why. He is a lot like Bevell, only he runs a tighter ship and is slower to adjust to what teams are throwing at him. He is the kind of guy that will either sink or swim with the gameplan. I love the guy from a QB, and discipline prospective, but his offenses are frustrating to watch.

Here are some fan prospectives on the guy: https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1/7/ ... ms-georgia

He is going to look better than he ever has because of Russell Wilson, but I expect a lot of frustration, and offensive stagnation. The same kind of things we saw under Bevell.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":1oglk6kg said:
I would guarantee this much:

If Shotty failed to impress as Seahawks’ OC, he will never become a HC in NFL. No doubt about it.

If he would to be super successful, ie top 3 offense in year 3, he would be under consideration for HC by Paul and other owners.

I am hoping that he turn our offense around, I felt like we have two great pieces: Wilson and Baldwin; an unproven but potential game changer in Penny; and two nice change of pace RBs, so we have some asset in skilled position. Two good blocking TEs and an OL stocked with two pro bowlers and an all-rookie team guard.

If Shotty could improve points per game from our 22.9 (#11th ranked) to 26.1 (#5th Jacksonville) in this season and to 28 (#3rd Philly) in next season. Hawks could go really really deep in playoffs.

Are we better this season on offense? We lost a capable but incomplete TE, a speedy WR, a LOL LG. We gained one of the best college RB, return of Carson. A faulted but top notch run blocking RG, and a pair of top notch BLOCKING TEs. I like our chance to be better than last year.

Guys, 3 points or a field goal per game separate us from league’s #5 offense!

And how many missed field goals this last season??? Maybe the kicking game really matters for our overall offense.

This was a good post, and I'm with you, toffee, on the potential of the season. I'm also hopeful that our line is more cohesive, with better technique, and provides lanes for our RBs. That would help our offense in every way. Russ will have a cleaner pocket because play-action will actually mean something, and we may even see the return of Russ keeping it on RO plays.

Atradees

Reaction score
Seymour":3168sld1 said:
Atradees":3168sld1 said:
Your confidence is refreshing.

What if we cant run the football?

No worries, that is why we have an 80 yard punter now....Pete thinks of everything! :irishdrinkers:

Pete Does! :irishdrinkers: :rumble: :irishdrinkers: (Except we have no kicker)

getnasty

Reaction score
He's extremely lucky to be the OC after failing at his last 3 and only 3 stops at the position, but if he can find a way to be successful then why not.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Fade":3lhmjzan said:

Here is why.

If he is awesome he will be poached after 1 yr. NFL Teams are desperate for QB guru type Head Coaches. So he will be an NFL Head Coach, just for another team.

-or-

More than likely he will be just okay and not be deemed Head Coach material. In that case he definitely won't get the Seahawks job. Paul Allen likes to hire big.

Just throw him on the pile along with Cable, Bevell, & Richard who were supposed to be the Seahawks next Head Coach according to some around here.

Whenever Pete hangs em up, and it will most likely be his decision because of what he has brought this team, Paul Allen will hire big. Just look at his most successful hires in Holmgren and PC. No more Jim Moras. Whenever the next coaching search happens I fully expect to see an outside hire.

chris98251

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2uuma03n said:
Fade":2uuma03n said:

Here is why.

-or-

Whenever Pete hangs em up, and it will most likely be his decision because of what he has brought this team, Paul Allen will hire big. Just look at his most successful hires in Holmgren and PC. No more Jim Moras. Whenever the next coaching search happens I fully expect to see an outside hire.

Pederson may be enticed to come across the lake, he won't have to move his family. That is if Pederson thinks he has accomplished what he sought after coming to the UW, his system has proven able to transfer from a lower tier league now to a top tier league.

The next step would have to be the NFL if he has that itch to scratch.

Fade

Reaction score
Petersen would be an amazing hire. Coach Pete seems like he doesn't have any interest in the NFL, but if he does, Paul Allen should pursue aggressively.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":3v3sfry2 said:
oldhawkfan":3v3sfry2 said:
Fade":3v3sfry2 said:

Here is why.

-or-

Pederson may be enticed to come across the lake, he won't have to move his family. That is if Pederson thinks he has accomplished what he sought after coming to the UW, his system has proven able to transfer from a lower tier league now to a top tier league.

The next step would have to be the NFL if he has that itch to scratch.

I thought you were talking about Doug Pederson and I got hella excited. Not like it would happen anyway, guy just won a SB and could be Philly coach for a long time.