Two games to shut Sherman up. what do we do?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We would be better served focusing on Vaughn Miller, Bradley Chubb, and the Denver Broncos. We can worry about Sherm when we get to him.

nrayorr

Reaction score
2_0_6":127qhn5b said:
Go right at him. If anyone knows what his major weakness is its Pete and Russ.
:ditto:

I've been saying this to my peeps for a while now. We are also taking about someone who ruptured both of his achilles tendons. He will not be the same CB as he was when he played for us. We got the best of Sherm so the Whiners can have our leftovers.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
What would happen if the "supposed GOAT coach", BelliCheat was given the finger by one of his players (other than his buddy at QB and possibly even then depending on context.) Team discipline is a coaches responsibility & many take it more seriously than PC has shown over the years. You can't allow inmates to run the prison & you can't allow a superstar to violate team discipline, show up his coaches and influence young teammates negatively, that never really works out. See Lynch, Sherman, et. al.. This is my personal OPINION (that ALL fans have a right to, so flame on if that's your gig in life, but keep in mind this is a team sport, not an individual sport so the actions of one can and do influence all.)
:smilingalien:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
What would happen if the "supposed GOAT coach", BelliCheat was given the finger by one of his players (other than his buddy at QB and possibly even then depending on context.) Team discipline is a coaches responsibility & many take it more seriously than PC has shown over the years. You can't allow inmates to run the prison & you can't allow a superstar to violate team discipline, show up his coaches and influence young teammates negatively, that never really works out. See Lynch, Sherman, et. al.. This is my personal OPINION (that ALL fans have a right to, so flame on if that's your gig in life, but keep in mind this is a team sport, not an individual sport so the actions of one can and do influence all.)

Tical21

Reaction score
Stay as far away from him as possible. Russell is going to try to throw it at him. It's going to be ugly. It will certainly garner a 15 yard flag. Who are we going to beat him with? Brandon Marshall? Darboh? It would be really fun to watch if they man him up on Doug.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Tical21":3foeczjg said:
Stay as far away from him as possible. Russell is going to try to throw it at him. It's going to be ugly. It will certainly garner a 15 yard flag. Who are we going to beat him with? Brandon Marshall? Darboh? It would be really fun to watch if they man him up on Doug.

One of the things I like about our offense is that we aren't afraid to throw at the #1 corner. Butler isn't on the same level as a Sherman, but we went after him in 2016 and did really well. The Week 17 game against the Cards was a good example, Doug got a deep TD on Peterson. I also remember in 2015, Lockett had beaten Peterson deep and Russ overthrew him - would've been a TD. Now, this has worked against us as well, the Jags game this year was a good example of that. We had great success against their safeties deep, but their corners got three picks when we tested them deep.

sdog1981

Reaction score
8 of his first 9 games are going to be played on grass. I have a feeling he will be hurt before he even plays the Seahawks.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3t9meqeu said:

After all the uproar over Bob Mcnair using the inmates and prison analogy, you're really going to come on this site and use it?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
My wife used to say”I love Richard Sherman, but I would hate him if he wasn’t a Seahawk!” I guess she was pretty much spot on.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A few things,

This team GOT where it is because of Sherman.

Different team or not, he should be able to do or say almost anything (short of legal, ethical or moral violations) and still have the love of this city.

He literally handed up a SB by making that play in the Tip. And he got us to that point by shutting down an entire side of the field for years.

The umbrage over a few words, that were frankly true, is pathetic.

If he p*ssed on the stadium wall, you should wait for him to finish, offer him a wipe and then shake his hand. He is a hero because of what he DID. Who cares if he moves on, ESPECIALLY when the one moving on was the Seahawks - not him.

Take a page from the Canadians and how they handled Derozan's departure. The fans are grateful for the time he gave them, what he gave their city and wished him well (Admittedly, Canada does most everything better than us but still...)

He is going to talk. It is what he does. But he delivered a freaking SB for this city along with Marshawn Lynch and the rest of this defense. Appreciate it. I've seen that SB over 50 times, and I am sure I will see it another 50. Because that was a great team.

What is wrong with some of you?

King Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ftyr1yd9 said:
A few things,

Different team or not, he should be able to do or say almost anything (short of legal, ethical or moral violations) and still have the love of this city.

He literally handed up a SB by making that play in the Tip. And he got us to that point by shutting down an entire side of the field for years.

If he p*ssed on the stadium wall, you should wait for him to finish, offer him a wipe and then shake his hand. He is a hero because of what he DID. Who cares if he moves on, ESPECIALLY when the one moving on was the Seahawks - not him.

Take a page from the Canadians and how they handled Derozan's departure. The fans are grateful for the time he gave them, what he gave their city and wished him well (Admittedly, Canada does most everything better than us but still...)

He is going to talk. It is what he does. But he delivered a freaking SB for this city along with Marshawn Lynch and the rest of this defense. Appreciate it. I've seen that SB over 50 times, and I am sure I will see it another 50. Because that was a great team.

:34853_doh:

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3d7tjq30 said:
A few things,

Well, I can only speak for myself. But I was severely beat as a child. You? :snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky

And when Sherman retires, then we'll appreciate him again for being a part of our SB runs.................but now? He's just an annoyance and someone who plays for our rival.

Nothing personal, but like most I'm a Hawk fan first, so if you ain't on my Hawks AND play for a hated rival? I'm not down with you running your mouth.

Hell, I didn't like Sherman running his mouth when he was here. I certainly don't like it now, get over it dude and just play football.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe.

But he played for this team when he was not at full health and that got him injured. That cost him money in FA, but it was the team that jettisoned him - he did not walk away. He took a job when he did not have one after the Hawks dropped him.

He absolutely sacrificed for this team. And his defense sucked it up and kept this team winning when our offense was a joke and laughingstock. I don't even think he was the one to complain about that, it was other guys. He was a team guy for years until last year, when anyone would have had enough by then. Especially considering how he was likely playing hurt much of the year.

He certainly has a right to be frustrated and given his personality, speak out. I still think that if you saw him downtown should you offer to buy him a beer. He delivered for this city.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nadf9dn said:
Maybe.

But he played for this team when he was not at full health and that got him injured. That cost him money in FA, but it was the team that jettisoned him - he did not walk away. He took a job when he did not have one after the Hawks dropped him.

He absolutely sacrificed for this team. And his defense sucked it up and kept this team winning when our offense was a joke and laughingstock. I don't even think he was the one to complain about that, it was other guys. He was a team guy for years until last year, when anyone would have had enough by then. Especially considering how he was likely playing hurt much of the year.

He certainly has a right to be frustrated and given his personality, speak out. I still think that if you saw him downtown should you offer to buy him a beer. He delivered for this city.

He also was a disruption to the team the past couple of years with his nonsense and undermining Pete's authority.

So let's not paint Richard as some selfless saint that we unfairly jettisoned. He contributed to his departure.

Doesn't mean we don't love him for what he meant to winning a SB, but it does mean we're tired of his mouth. You're acting like we have to choose sides, and I'm telling you we can both appreciate him for what he did, and be annoyed with his continued martyr syndrome and playing the victim.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15bs3kq1 said:
TwistedHusky":15bs3kq1 said:
Maybe.

He also was a disruption to the team the past couple of years with his nonsense and undermining Pete's authority.

So let's not paint Richard as some selfless saint that we unfairly jettisoned.
He contributed to his departure.

Doesn't mean we don't love him for what he meant to winning a SB, but it does mean we're tired of his mouth. You're acting like we have to choose sides, and I'm telling you we can both appreciate him for what he did, and be annoyed with his continued martyr syndrome and playing the victim.

Exactly, and well stated! Lets not re-write history here, get real. Sherman is Sherman's own worst enemy and he alone (Sherm #2) is the reason he is no longer here (injury or not).

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Sherman is very competitive and will be fine with the 49-ers as a voice to rally around, but his injury will most likely keep him from ever being the same DB as he has shown in the past. Every dog has his day, and Sherman is in the evening of his career. Great player, big mouth, but he does gets quoted an awful lot.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3mzeiqxt said:
CamanoIslandJQ":3mzeiqxt said:

After all the uproar over Bob Mcnair using the inmates and prison analogy, you're really going to come on this site and use it?

Never heard of a Bob Mcnair, perhaps you meant Bob McNair? If so, I'm in the dark on any uproar over the use of a fairly common analogy. Didn't know he had a copyright on inmates & prison analogies. Are you serious? I don't understand why the use of a simple analogy should elicit such a response. Do you think you have ANY RIGHT to tell me what I can post, what makes you the Dictator of this site with censorship rights? Are you a moderator, or a wannabe moderator? If so, you may want to reconsider the negativity of an attacking post like this. Like your Mamma said, "if you can't say something nice...…."

Between this kind of response to a simple analogy and the handful of negative/attacking posters, they will be the death of this blog sooner, rather than later, it's no wonder the site is for sale as the negative posters PO the long time members more and more with their attacks & 100% negative responses. NOTE: I'm 75 years old, (in constant pain and cranky) & a Seahawks FAN from DAY-1 & I will come on this site and express my opinion on anything I want to within blog guidelines, you can too, but maybe someone needs to get a life and not look for unwarranted and completely silly stuff like this?