Cool Neiko Thorpe story

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I was at an NFL UK event last night and Neiko was one of the guests. He said that as he was having a work out with the Hawks his girlfriend went into labour. Anyway he signed the same day and watched his daughter being born on Facetime. PC found out about this and even though he was due to report the next day the head coach arranged a plane for him so he could spend time with his family. All the coaches wished him well and were so happy for him.

You could tell the way he talked there is a genuine affection for the Seahawks. Richard Sherman says the Seahawks are making mistakes, well sometimes they get it right too.

Neiko is as good as they come at gunner, I hope he makes an impact at DB.

toffee

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":jwzr6zug said:
I was at an NFL UK event last night and Neiko was one of the guests. He said that as he was having a work out with the Hawks his girlfriend went into labour. Anyway he signed the same day and watched his daughter being born on Facetime. PC found out about this and even though he was due to report the next day the head coach arranged a plane for him so he could spend time with his family. All the coaches wished him well and were so happy for him.

You could tell the way he talked there is a genuine affection for the Seahawks. Richard Sherman says the Seahawks are making mistakes, well sometimes they get it right too.

Neiko is as good as they come at gunner, I hope he makes an impact at DB.

Seahawks have done similar things for other players too, not just Neiko, not like Neiko was a star or something that gets special treatments. Quite sure Sherman was the recipient of such kindness and goodwill as well, him being one of the stars and was drafted because Pete saw something in him despite the national media and experts' opinions:

Sherman was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft with the 154th overall pick. He remembers watching the draft with his family at home and being "livid" about players he perceived as inferior getting drafted before him. Some critics said he was a size prospect with some good intangibles that would help him mold into a contributing backup corner for a press-heavy team. Other scouts thought he did not possess the natural coverage instincts, fluidity or burst to be considered a future starter, despite his size and athleticism

But Sherman is a narcissistic asshole, no matter what one has done for him. He will eat the hand that fed him if that could buy him a few minutes of media time. It's really that simple.