QB Throwaways

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Well from those pics you can see either the protection is good and he bails early or he's still in the pocket. He's either bailing too early with good protection, being coached to bail after a certain amount of time, or hit early so often that he sees phantom pressure. Maybe all of those.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
adeltaY":15vtgasz said:
Well from those pics you can see either the protection is good and he bails early or he's still in the pocket. He's either bailing too early with good protection, being coached to bail after a certain amount of time, or hit early so often that he sees phantom pressure. Maybe all of those.

Actually no you cant let's start with
picture 1, he is still in the pocket, you say look at Kearse and I do and see lineman that could get a hand up and a defender looking at Wilson that could jump it and another behind Kearse who could jump the route and again no idea the down and distance
Picture 2 he is turned you have no clue what he is doing, he could be turning and staying in the pocket, also you see pressure coming right up the middle. I see Kearse and he is open however Wilson has his back to him with a defender coming up the middle, a lot of people on that side that could get a hand up. Another example of needing to see the play form the start to know.
Picture 3 he is in the pocket
Picture 4 now he is moving outside the pocket with a guy about 2 yards away though he is stumbling, and no one open
picture 5 Cant really see him but I believe he is in the pocket deep, and has someone running free at him
Picture 6 he is in the pocket,

Now as to you saying throw away or whatever, I would need to see the whole play to know as your opinion is your opinion and I and others may see it differently. That is the downside of pictures you get one moment in time without the context around it. They prove nothing and often cause more questions.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawk1217":1bsduj4u said:
Now as to you saying throw away or whatever, I would need to see the whole play to know as your opinion is your opinion and I and others may see it differently. That is the downside of pictures you get one moment in time without the context around it. They prove nothing and often cause more questions.
Right, so I am to take it as gospel that you have this mountain of research proving your every point, and yet you have the gall to question my integrity. What a crock of bullshit.

I have been posting to this site for decades and have never once misrepresented anything I have posted here, and even people who dislike me here can at least vouch for my integrity.

If I post a picture saying it ended in a sack, you can believe that it ended in a freaking sack.

Not that you deserve it - certainly you are not forthcoming regarding your own sources - but here is the source for many of the images, which I recalled from the time it was produced and retrieved for the purpose of my above post:

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2014/12/s ... hrough-air

You will notice a certain consistency between my assessment of whether something was a sack or throwaway with the article.

Nice start you have here. Come in all hot about your opinions and vast research and proceed to call the locals liars. it pains me certain words are barred from this forum because you've earned a fair sampling.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Everybody has their right to their opinion. But let's be civil about it. Agree to disagree or whatever, but be nice about it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2chx558b said:
Nah, the fans clearly can do better from their couch :lol:
Ah yes, the good ol' northwestern passive aggressive jab. Of course we aren't NFL QBs, but we do have access to the tools to pick them apart, and analyze what they're doing right, or conversely what they're not doing. We have the replays, and we now have all-22, and slow-mo. It has become easier than ever to see what a QB is or is not doing, or perhaps even missed opportunities.

By your logic, why even bother having a fan forum such as .NET? It exist to talk about Seahawk football, and that is exactly what is happening right here.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2jay15kc said:
Hawk1217":2jay15kc said:
Right, so I am to take it as gospel that you have this mountain of research proving your every point, and yet you have the gall to question my integrity. What a crock of bullshit.

I have been posting to this site for decades and have never once misrepresented anything I have posted here, and even people who dislike me here can at least vouch for my integrity.

If I post a picture saying it ended in a sack, you can believe that it ended in a freaking sack.

Not that you deserve it - certainly you are not forthcoming regarding your own sources - but here is the source for many of the images, which I recalled from the time it was produced and retrieved for the purpose of my above post:

You will notice a certain consistency between my assessment of whether something was a sack or throwaway with the article.

Nice start you have here. Come in all hot about your opinions and vast research and proceed to call the locals liars. it pains me certain words are barred from this forum because you've earned a fair sampling.
I'll vouch for you. I've been reading this board since around 2004, and I have seen you around. You're pretty consistent and you admit fault when you have been proven wrong. One of the better posters on this board in my opinion.

Now, as for you Hawk, you've gotta provide some of this research if you want anyone to take you seriously. Whenever someone makes a point you shoot it down without providing any examples and defer to your research that may, or may not exist. As Kiwi and I have pointed out, you are engaged in several logical fallacies here. It's a game of ring around the rosy in a logical sense. Someone says something, you yell false. When said person starts questioning the "false" you immediately talk about research. The fallacy circle restarts again, and away we go again on another merry go round ride.

It just gets frustrating trying to have any kind of dialog with you Hawk. You're not a bad guy, it's just that conversations with you get nowhere. It is always a dead end.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1rpwb8jc said:
Hawk1217":1rpwb8jc said:

Whatever you say :roll:

But thank you for making one of my points "Come in all hot about your opinions and vast research and proceed to call the locals liars." one I never called anyone a liar, and 2 "Locals" so you think because you have been here for a while you deserve some special treatment and no one should question you. LOL

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1o9i0kas said:
KiwiHawk":1o9i0kas said:
Hawk1217":1o9i0kas said:

I'll vouch for you. I've been reading this board since around 2004, and I have seen you around. You're pretty consistent and you admit fault when you have been proven wrong. One of the better posters on this board in my opinion.

Now, as for you Hawk, you've gotta provide some of this research if you want anyone to take you seriously. Whenever someone makes a point you shoot it down without providing any examples and defer to your research that may, or may not exist. As Kiwi and I have pointed out, you are engaged in several logical fallacies here. It's a game of ring around the rosy in a logical sense. Someone says something, you yell false. When said person starts questioning the "false" you immediately talk about research. The fallacy circle restarts again, and away we go again on another merry go round ride.

It just gets frustrating trying to have any kind of dialog with you Hawk. You're not a bad guy, it's just that conversations with you get nowhere. It is always a dead end.

What a surprise a local defending a local, as he put it. I have supplied my facts and stats when needed. In fact I am the one that started this thread with facts. FYI its mutual it is hard to have a conversation with some on here also, given I am not "local" and therefor not allowed to question anyone, and others can just post their opinion without question but some who are not "local" cant.

I will leave this thread which I started with facts by simply saying agree to disagree and movng on as this thread is done

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawk1217":xb0ili36 said:
Spin Doctor":xb0ili36 said:
KiwiHawk":xb0ili36 said:
Hawk1217":xb0ili36 said:

What a surprise a local defending a local, as he put it. I have supplied my facts and stats when needed. In fact I am the one that started this thread with facts. FYI its mutual it is hard to have a conversation with some on here also, given I am not "local" and therefor not allowed to question anyone, and others can just post their opinion without question but some who are not "local" cant.

I will leave this thread which I started with facts by simply saying agree to disagree and movng on as this thread is done
You have not provided any facts here aside from the OP article, which in itself can mean many different things. All you’ve done is deflect and say that you know better than us plebs because of ‘research’. You’re calling yourself the authority on this matter. It’s akin to me saying ‘trust me I’m a 7’8 Chinese woman’. When people ask for proof i deflect and ho hum around the issue.

This is why nobody is taking you seriously.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":xy0webey said:
Hawk1217":xy0webey said:
Spin Doctor":xy0webey said:
KiwiHawk":xy0webey said:

You have not provided any facts here aside from the OP article, which in itself can mean many different things. All you’ve done is deflect and say that you know better than us plebs because of ‘research’. You’re calling yourself the authority on this matter. It’s akin to me saying ‘trust me I’m a 7’8 Chinese woman’. When people ask for proof i deflect and ho hum around the issue.

This is why nobody is taking you seriously.

LOL ahh no one on here other than me has provided facts, the research I have talked about which you obviously did not get was about this forum and the habits of some on here, the "Locals" as they have been called in this thread. Point in case you are speaking for everyone by saying "This is why nobody is taking you seriously" and yet I know for a fact that is not true. But hey thats okay your a "Local". :roll:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk1217":3pjaxaoe said:
LOL ahh no one on here other than me has provided facts...

lol!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :D

lol.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawk1217":15323920 said:

But thank you for making one of my points "Come in all hot about your opinions and vast research and proceed to call the locals liars." one I never called anyone a liar, and 2 "Locals" so you think because you have been here for a while you deserve some special treatment and no one should question you. LOL

In fact, you did call me a liar. I presented images describing certain situations and you said you can't tell the result from a photo so it was just my opinion, and that's bullshit. The photos I presented led to the outcomes I stated they did in every case, and I can back that up by an independent source. You're suggesting i just posted pictures of plays and made up the outcomes, and that's calling me a lair, and I won't put up with it.

That you just laugh it off as nothing shows integrity isn't very important to you.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38ecrswm said:
Hawk1217":38ecrswm said:

In fact, you did call me a liar. I presented images describing certain situations and you said you can't tell the result from a photo so it was just my opinion, and that's bullshit. The photos I presented led to the outcomes I stated they did in every case, and I can back that up by an independent source. You're suggesting i just posted pictures of plays and made up the outcomes, and that's calling me a lair, and I won't put up with it.

That you just laugh it off as nothing shows integrity isn't very important to you.

LOL hmm as another also pointed out you can't tell from a picture which is a shot in time of what was happening you can only give your opinion, And sorry I never called you a liar. Please show me where I said you are a liar or lying? You cant. In fact, I said that is your opinion which you are entitled to. But that does not mean another share it or it is right.

this is what you said above " You're suggesting I just posted pictures of plays and made up the outcomes, and that's calling me a liar, and I won't put up with it."

this is what I said "Now as to you saying throw away or whatever, I would need to see the whole play to know as your opinion is your opinion and I and others may see it differently. That is the downside of pictures you get one moment in time without the context around it. They prove nothing and often cause more questions." I said your opinion, I did not call you a liar, you have the right to your opinion but so do I and others.

I laugh it off because I never said it and for anyone to glean that from what I said is laughable. I also never questioned your integrity. I simply do not agree with your opinion of what those pictures show. Last I checked not agreeing with someone opinion does not mean calling them a liar.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawk1217":3kadwhik said:
KiwiHawk":3kadwhik said:
Hawk1217":3kadwhik said:

LOL hmm as another also pointed out you can't tell from a picture which is a shot in time of what was happening you can only give your opinion, And sorry I never called you a liar. Please show me where I said you are a liar or lying? You cant. In fact, I said that is your opinion which you are entitled to. But that does not mean another share it or it is right.

this is what you said above " You're suggesting I just posted pictures of plays and made up the outcomes, and that's calling me a liar, and I won't put up with it."

this is what I said "Now as to you saying throw away or whatever, I would need to see the whole play to know as your opinion is your opinion and I and others may see it differently. That is the downside of pictures you get one moment in time without the context around it. They prove nothing and often cause more questions." I said your opinion, I did not call you a liar, you have the right to your opinion but so do I and others.

I laugh it off because I never said it and for anyone to glean that from what I said is laughable. I also never questioned your integrity. I simply do not agree with your opinion of what those pictures show. Last I checked not agreeing with someone opinion does not mean calling them a liar.
I provided a link to an analysis of the Seahawks' passing game that includes those images and analysis about them. If you want to refute that evidence then the burden of proof is on you, and you don't get to call it opinion when I represent it as fact and back it up with proof.

You've come in here with a predetermined expectation of how you'll be treated, and then you fulfill your own prophecy by insulting people and belittling their opinions. Well done. Except you don't get to blame that on us - that's all on you.

OP
OP
Hawk1217

Hawk1217

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":4k07oa4m said:
Hawk1217":4k07oa4m said:
KiwiHawk":4k07oa4m said:
Hawk1217":4k07oa4m said:

I provided a link to an analysis of the Seahawks' passing game that includes those images and analysis about them. If you want to refute that evidence then the burden of proof is on you, and you don't get to call it opinion when I represent it as fact and back it up with proof.

You've come in here with a predetermined expectation of how you'll be treated, and then you fulfill your own prophecy by insulting people and belittling their opinions. Well done. Except you don't get to blame that on us - that's all on you.

The only link was of a video cobwboy DE chasing Wilson Here is the title of the page the link takes you to "Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence Chases Russell Wilson For 22-Yard Sack" The best part is it shows pressure in under 2-second on Wilson on a 3rd and 5 play no analysis of all those videos at all. I don't need to refute evidence when you have not provided any, Also the title of this thread is throwaways, not sacks, not even pressure in under 2 seconds,

I came in here hoping for the best and so far you have proven I should have expected the worse, and that is on you, and I guess you gave up on the whole lying thing since you know I never said that.

Let me make this easy for you, this thread was started by me to highlight QB throw away because someone in a thread said he should throw it away more. You turned it into something else, hijacking it to turn it into a negative about Wilson. You then falsley accused me of calling you a liar. and now you try to say that is my fault. WOW talk about alternate reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.