Todd Gurley: Rams 'happy about' Seahawks' rebuild

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/1020370324389474304[/tweet]

“Hey, you know we’re happy about it,” running back Todd Gurley told Rams Wire while attending the Gatorade Player of the Year Awards. “We have to take advantage of the situation while we can. Those guys have been beating up on us for a while now . . . It’s definitely time for us to come in and try to take over this division and try to be back-to-back champs. It’s not going to be easy.

“Everyone in your division knows you as well as you do, so we have to just come and try to take over that division.”

But despite the rivalry, there is still mutual respect between players.

“You hate to see the Legion of Boom break up,” Gurley continued. “They had such great players. Richard Sherman who’s an All-Pro. All those guys are All-Pros. Earl [Thomas] is always on top of his game.”

Hawk1217

Reaction score
Can't say as I blame him. We would be pretty happy if the Rams let Donaldson go someplace else

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm sure the division foes are happy the Seahawks are retooling. They will be glum soon though once reality bites them again. NFC West will be the toughest division in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFC West Division camp only ends up with a 10 win season. I think the last place team will be 7-9 or 8-8.

Also, Interesting that he mentions Sherman and Earl when talking about the LOB.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. Actually sounds quite respectful.

chris98251

Reaction score
Were we not all happy when Warner and Carson left Arizona? Sad that Bradford was traded to Minny, and Happy that Harbaugh was released?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Steve2222":2h7898sw said:
I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. Actually sounds quite respectful.
Agreed. He showed the proper amount of respect. Just another reminder of how the media will distort words for clicks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he seems like a good dude, and I didn't see any disrespect. Just being honest that he's happy they could be down a little this year.
Of course, I'm not one who is assuming the Rams are a Super Bowl team so.......

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Although with the ass whooping they put on us at the Clink, he may want to face that team again. Be careful what you wish for Gurley man!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Todd really seems like a good dude.

And believe me, he has respect for the Seahawks.

He told the story last year about he scored a TD in Seattle (in a loss) and spiked the ball - one of the other members of the offense came up to him and said "keep that ball - nobody scores in Seattle".

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3ksfk2dh said:

He told the story last year about he scored a TD in Seattle (in a loss) and spiked the ball - one of the other members of the offense came up to him and said "keep that ball - nobody scores in Seattle".

The same game they dropped 42 to Seahawks 7? Yeah...

adeltaY

Reaction score
QuickLightning":18mein9d said:
Ramfan128":18mein9d said:

The same game they dropped 42 to Seahawks 7? Yeah...

They didn't get a TD on us in 2016 and beat us in 2015 and 2017, so I can't think of a game when Gurley scored and lost in Seattle. I think it was the 2015 game when he was a rookie that quote is referring to.