Why wasn't Paul Richardson retained?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah, when was Richardson not a part of the passing game when healthy? The only thing that kept him off the field was injuries.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They will need Paul’s cash when they cave in and reup Earl

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
mikeak":rkjj64a7 said:
Look at last two years and show me wild inconsistency

He wasn’t featured at all. Hen suddenly he was given playing time and was very consistent

He was out there for 817 snaps, compare that to Doug Baldwin’s 857.

If he was consistently amazing and/or more amazing than other players, he would have been featured as the first or second option on the majority vs perceived minority. I don’t know who can accurately chart all reads though, so it’s tough to say where that all netted out.

Either way, Russ spreads it out and threw the ball 553 times, 6th most in the league. There was tons of opportunity last year for Richardson. He did OK.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Salary cap, salary cap, salary cap... bad year to be a free agent for the Seahawks. We are paying Kam to not play, A lot of dead money releasing Sherman and I believe Avril retiring also. We had to let people walk... P Rich got way more than we could afford to give him, same with Sheldon R. Just no money.

mikeak

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":gttt0fsx said:
mikeak":gttt0fsx said:
Look at last two years and show me wild inconsistency

He wasn’t featured at all. Hen suddenly he was given playing time and was very consistent

He was out there for 817 snaps, compare that to Doug Baldwin’s 857.

If he was consistently amazing and/or more amazing than other players, he would have been featured as the first or second option on the majority vs perceived minority. I don’t know who can accurately chart all reads though, so it’s tough to say where that all netted out.

Either way, Russ spreads it out and threw the ball 553 times, 6th most in the league. There was tons of opportunity last year for Richardson. He did OK.

You said he was inconsistent. I am asking - when he got playing time - show me when?

He was consistent. I am not saying performed like a superstar but a good NFL player who was consistent. Still don’t understand why it took Tyler getting injured to put PRich on the field.

This season will show if he was underutilized. Look at Kearse numbers with the freaking Jets last year....

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah Kearse had some games where he went off this year - the chiefs game sticks out to me. Very happy for him.

toffee

Reaction score
Assuming both are healthy, other than being taller, I am not convinced Richardson is better Lockett. In fact when both were active in 2016, Richardson was rookie Lockett's backup.