Penny Injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1v8co8wa said:
The title of “Seahawk running back” is becoming as dangerous as “Spinal Tap drummer”!
I’m going to be beyond pissed if he spontaneously combusts! Beyond Pissed! :x

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sports Hernia":1449rqdv said:
brimsalabim":1449rqdv said:
The title of “Seahawk running back” is becoming as dangerous as “Spinal Tap drummer”!
I’m going to be beyond pissed if he spontaneously combusts! Beyond Pissed! :x

but you gotta admit it would be a whole lot flyer than a gardening accident! :irishdrinkers:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I heard some bad news.....I heard McDowell was running out of cash and sold his ATV and unused helmet to Penny for you guessed it $999.99

The discount is for... a Penny saved is a Penny earned (ironic huh?). :lol: :snack:

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":2h5n2bhb said:
Well I heard some bad news.....I heard McDowell was running out of cash and sold his ATV and unused helmet to Penny for you guessed it $999.99

The discount is for... a Penny saved is a Penny earned (ironic huh?). :lol: :snack:

Tumblr inline muu1yysd5o1rjypy0

Zeearend

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3ebgnid6 said:
naholmes":3ebgnid6 said:
Thepeelsessions":3ebgnid6 said:
Trrrroy":3ebgnid6 said:
Based in the Seahawk's past few seasons this is right on schedule. He'll start the season on the PUP list, Carson will blow out his knee in the season opener, Mckissic will break his leg week 3, Davis will be on concussion protocol for 3/4th of the year, and Procise will be on IR with an unspecified upper body injury through it all.
Why does this sound 100% accurate?
Because the glass is half empty you pessimists!
Yeah, it's not "Pessimists", it Pissymists. :lol:

In this case shouldn't it be Pennymists?

But I agree with Aros. It could just as well be nothing, so I'll wait for the next update.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":30so53vr said:
Schotty said in his presser today he didn't think it was serious but didn't know for sure talk about vague. Hopefully he's going to be fine and plays Sat.

Doubt he plays even if the injury isn't bad. No reason to throw Penny back into a game for pre-season and risk it getting worse.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":au4gpy6o said:
Northwest Seahawk":au4gpy6o said:

Doubt he plays even if the injury isn't bad. No reason to throw Penny back into a game for pre-season and risk it getting worse.

There actually is a reason. Penny has not proven his his roster spot yet (draft position should mean little if always compete is to be taken seriously). So right now, he's still just 1/2 a step above Prosise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3pyb6m69 said:
Sgt. Largent":3pyb6m69 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3pyb6m69 said:

There actually is a reason. Penny has not proven his his roster spot yet (draft position should mean little if always compete is to be taken seriously). So right now, he's still just 1/2 a step above Prosise.

That's all just talk. There's a reason we put up with McDowell's nonsense for an entire year, because of his draft position.

Same with Penny, you don't risk further injury with a 1st round RB that's expected to carry half the load this year. You get him back to 100% health, even if that means missing a pre-season game.

So unless his injury is REALLY minor, you're not going to see him on Saturday.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n5rawg5 said:
Seymour":1n5rawg5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1n5rawg5 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1n5rawg5 said:

That's all just talk. There's a reason we put up with McDowell's nonsense for an entire year, because of his draft position.

Same with Penny, you don't risk further injury with a 1st round RB that's expected to carry half the load this year. You get him back to 100% health, even if that means missing a pre-season game.

By roster spot I'm not saying he could get cut this year. I'm saying where he may begin the season in pecking order for running backs and the amount of playing time he will get.

That is still undetermined, and you can bet Schotty will tune the playbook to the back more than Bevell ever dreamed of. (Bevells famous last words...."it's not about them it's about us and we do what we do" when asked if he'd draw up special plays for Jimmy Graham year 1. :177692:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1n0btsdb said:
Sgt. Largent":1n0btsdb said:
Seymour":1n0btsdb said:
Sgt. Largent":1n0btsdb said:

By roster spot I'm not saying he could get cut this year. I'm saying where he may begin the season in pecking order for running backs and the amount of playing time he will get.

That is still undetermined, and you can bet Schotty will tune the playbook to the back more than Bevell ever dreamed of. (Bevells famous last words...."it's not about them it's about us and we do what we do" when asked if he'd draw up special plays for Jimmy Graham year 1. :177692:

Right, but you brought up Prosise, which is laughable. Dude couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it to be ahead of anyone on the depth chart. He'll be lucky to even make the team at this point, Pete has to be done with his injury nonsense.

So I think Penny's safe from missing one pre-season game to get back to 100% while Davis and McKissic get snaps..............Pete's sure as heck not going to push Penny if he's injured.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nyvof9g said:
Seymour":2nyvof9g said:
Sgt. Largent":2nyvof9g said:
Seymour":2nyvof9g said:

Right, but you brought up Prosise, which is laughable. Dude couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it to be ahead of anyone on the depth chart. He'll be lucky to even make the team at this point, Pete has to be done with his injury nonsense.

So I think Penny's safe from missing one pre-season game to get back to 100% while Davis and McKissic get snaps..............Pete's sure as heck not going to push Penny if he's injured.

Agree, but my point is...this early on do we know for certain that Penny is more durable than Prosise? Nope....we don't, but odds are he HAS to be though...(that I'll admit) LOL. :2thumbs:

Agree Pete will not push him if he's at risk, but he also won't just sit him just to save him since he was our top pick either (pretty much my point).

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":oimb3wvb said:
Sgt. Largent":oimb3wvb said:
Seymour":oimb3wvb said:
Sgt. Largent":oimb3wvb said:

Agree, but my point is...this early on do we know for certain that Penny is more durable than Prosise? Nope....we don't, but odds are he HAS to be though...(that I'll admit) LOL. :2thumbs:

Agree Pete will not push him if he's at risk, but he also won't just sit him just to save him since he was our top pick either (pretty much my point).

Actually we do, 1 pre season game, Prosise Injured Penny played, advantage Penny so far.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nuts!

Sure hope this is nothing serious.

Let's hope this isn't any indication of what is to come at RB this season. Thankfully we do know that Davis is at least reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.