Paul Richardson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2o070m9w said:
xgeoff":2o070m9w said:
I think this was a bad pick. I never saw Richardson display 'game speed'. The guy is fast on the track, not on the field. And he's fragile. Think about this, we could have gotten Martavis Bryant in that draft instead of Richardson. Now THAT would have been fun to see!

Im perplexed by this statement. Richardson looks really quick at game speed in my opinion.

Friday frenzy, I'm mesmerized by your avatar. I keep seeing things moving around in there. It's like they're trying to tell me something. I think it's "Seahawks win multiple SuperB Owls." Or maybe it's "Seagulls have loose bowels." Hard to tell. :3-1:

Rob12

Reaction score
Richardson can ball. But until he can prove that he can be healthy, he's a wildcard - a novelty, of sorts.

His frame doesn't bode well for a long NFL career.

Moving forward, I'm not counting on the kid, but anything he gives us is pure gravy. It wasn't the best pick to select him so early, but I can see why the FO did. The talent is there; the health may not be. He's young, and he can still have a very good career and be a part of this offense. But so far, he's been made of glass, and that sucks to say.

I'm on the Paul Richardson train, but my odds aren't good.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He's cheap and talented. Very nice player to have around to compete for game reps. If he's healthy, he's easily the 3rd most talented wide receiver on the team.

I don't really understand these people who want to dump young, cheap players because they're injury prone. Every once in a while those guys stay healthy for a year or two and REALLY make you better (see Walter Thurmond)

Personally, I'm hoping we have two of those guys next year in Richardson and Tharold Simon.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's easy to lament a draft pick years later. The fact is, most didn't expect him back this year. Watch him kick ass next year.

mrt144

Reaction score
jlwaters1":i69p2inm said:
McGruff":i69p2inm said:
Barthawk":i69p2inm said:
too early.. he was starting to make plays late in the year including the play he tore his ACL.

Now, Chris McIntosh was a waste of pick.

That is really quite ironic since their stories are very similar.

McIntosh started 10 games as a rookie, and towards the end of his rookie season was developing into a dominant right tackle. One of the best. Then an injury derailed his career and he was never able to come back.

In fact, Chris would probably be LESS of a bust than Richardson because Chris' injury was a very isolated incident. He had no significant injury history prior to his pro career, whereas Richardson had significant injuries in college.

Evaluating them both based on their 1st two years, Chris was far more productive.

This makes zero sense.. P-Rich was a mid-2nd round pick, the expectations between the 2 are completely different. Chris was pick 22, P-Rich was pick 45.

Expectations are useless

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":2go04x0s said:
It's easy to lament a draft pick years later. The fact is, most didn't expect him back this year. Watch him kick ass next year.
I hope so. I want him to succeed.

Seafan

Reaction score
Doug, Jimmy, Tyler, Paul and Thomas will make an awesome receiving crew. Excited about 2016.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm afraid Paul Richardson might go down another Hawks path.
Deon Butler.

I hope Paul can shake the injury bug and get his career going.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Besides role playing as a receiver, i hope he can work his way to being a legitimate kick returner.

While Lockett could certainly still be the go to option in the playoffs, lockett is just becoming too valuable of a receiver. These playoffs had him making big play after big play, and i seriously question our ability to run and gun if he's out of the picture due to a freak return injury, which might be the most dangerous play in all of sports.

kearly

Reaction score
To me, the hamstring injury Richardson suffered in 2015 is swaying perception of him too much. It was his first play back after an 10 month layoff, no training camp, no preseason, etc. It could happen to any player coming off that kind of layoff. Hamstrings have full recovery too without lasting effects.

In the NFL, Richardson has had one major injury. In college, he had a couple, but people should have known that when he was drafted (I wasn't a fan of the pick).

The 2016 season is Richardson's chance to start fresh. The 2014 knee injury should be 100% healed, and he'll be starting the year in TC / preseason which will help him acclimate to the NFL season in a healthy way.

And if Seattle keeps Kearse, it puts Richardson in a good place to rehab his career, as a #4 WR who eases his way in.

Richardson is of course an elevated injury risk, but anyone that did the research on him coming out of college should have expected this. And even injury prone WR don't get IR'd every season, unless your name is DJ Hackett.

I'm excited for Richardson's 2016 season. Health aside, I think he fits the current offense like a glove.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":2oawkwfy said:
To me, the hamstring injury Richardson suffered in 2015 is swaying perception of him too much. It was his first play back after an 10 month layoff, no training camp, no preseason, etc. It could happen to any player coming off that kind of layoff. Hamstrings have full recovery too without lasting effects.

In the NFL, Richardson has had one major injury. In college, he had a couple, but people should have known that when he was drafted (I wasn't a fan of the pick).

The 2016 season is Richardson's chance to start fresh. The 2014 knee injury should be 100% healed, and he'll be starting the year in TC / preseason which will help him acclimate to the NFL season in a healthy way.

And if Seattle keeps Kearse, it puts Richardson in a good place to rehab his career, as a #4 WR who eases his way in.

Richardson is of course an elevated injury risk, but anyone that did the research on him coming out of college should have expected this. And even injury prone WR don't get IR'd every season, unless your name is DJ Hackett.

I'm excited for Richardson's 2016 season. Health aside, I think he fits the current offense like a glove.

I agree on this throughout, but especially the last sentence. Baldwin, Lockett and Richardson are all leg tying rouote runners with plus speed.

sutz

Reaction score
PR is still pretty cheap, so it doesn't hurt much to keep him on the roster. He was making some plays before the first injury, and yeah, the hamstring is hardly surprising for almost any player just coming back in the middle of the season. Not to mention, we were a bit desperate to get some WR's on the field at the time IIRC. He may have been somewhat rushed back.

:229031_shrug:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The main comparison between Richardson and Lockett were that they singlehandedly carried their respective teams on offense in college. Every year, ASU would play Colorado before the Pac-12 realignment, and every year, he was the only guy who would do anything at all against us and keep the game close for at least a half.

He might never be completely right because of his ACLs, but he's worth it at his cost because when he is healthy, he will open up the field. He was just starting to get it as he got hurt, and I believe that he'll adjust and, assuming he hasn't massively lost explosiveness due to the injury, he'll be worth the 8-10 games the team gets out of him.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Price is right. Upside is high. Risk is high.

No reason to jettison him. I don't see him getting a 2nd deal here. But that's a discussion for 2018.

He was becoming a high impact player for us. There is plenty to be excited about for 2016.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The Prosise thread got me thinking about a former Hawk who used to get the same treatment. I'm not saying it's not deserved, as he has done very little to make us think otherwise. Just saying, it is possible to "shake the injury bug" and ballout.

*Sidenote* - This thread sure has allot of former greatness (members) in it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
PRich did it for one year. I expected Washington to have a lot of buyer's remorse.

Latest posts