Question: music at Centurylink

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Question: music at Centurylink
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm
  • I haven’t been to a game since the Bittersweet Symphony days. What songs are they playing pre-game, during introductions, etc these days?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1107
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:11 pm


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 am
  • Unfortunately Bittersweet Symphony is still THE pre-game song, though there's another one that I really like and don't know what it's called. They usually play it right before kickoff, whereas Bittersweet is played during the tunnel intros. It's time to move on from that song, it's horrible and maybe pumps up my grandma, but definitely not me.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1655
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 am
  • I miss when they used to play Enter Sandman. MUCH better...The way it builds is perfect for an intro. Word has it that Paul Allen loves Bittersweet Symphony so we are stuck with it until he says otherwise. Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13512
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 am
  • Aros wrote:Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.


    AMEN TO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08 pm
    Location: On de beach, mon...


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 am
  • Aros wrote: Word has it that Paul Allen loves Bittersweet Symphony so we are stuck with it until he says otherwise. Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.


    Well, it doesn't seem to hurt our home record either 8)
    Zeearend
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 am
    Location: 3 meters below sea level


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am
  • I've always felt Quiet Riot's cover of "Cum on feel the noise" would be appropriate.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2363
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:15 pm
  • Zeearend wrote:
    Aros wrote: Word has it that Paul Allen loves Bittersweet Symphony so we are stuck with it until he says otherwise. Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.


    Well, it doesn't seem to hurt our home record either 8)


    Save last season's 4-4 record. :stirthepot:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13512
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 pm
  • LL Cool Js “Headsprung” from 2003 was their best pregame intro song. I think it’s safe to assume 90% of the players listen to hip hop/rap to pump them up, they’d want it switched to something like this. lol no player is going to get pumped up to “Come on Fill the Noise” (that song is so lame and I cringe every time they play it) and “Enter Sandman” is unoriginal for football pump ups. Everybody does that.

    But yeah, the intro to Bittersweet Symphony followed by a generic rock instrumental is still the pregame intro.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1993
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 am


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:06 pm
  • Aros wrote:I miss when they used to play Enter Sandman. MUCH better...The way it builds is perfect for an intro. Word has it that Paul Allen loves Bittersweet Symphony so we are stuck with it until he says otherwise. Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.

    That is bad ass ..Love hearing it.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4481
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:42 pm
  • I always thought they should play Hearts 'Barracuda' when they come out of the tunnel. Hearts a Seattle band so it makes sense.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:45 am
  • RastaHawk12! wrote:
    Aros wrote:Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.


    AMEN TO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!

    but good gawd, BSS sucks serious ass!!!!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24906
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:04 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Zeearend wrote:
    Aros wrote: Word has it that Paul Allen loves Bittersweet Symphony so we are stuck with it until he says otherwise. Small price to pay for not being called the Los Angeles Seahawks, LOL.


    Well, it doesn't seem to hurt our home record either 8)


    Save last season's 4-4 record. :stirthepot:


    Oh yeah. :34853_doh:
    Well in that case, bring back Enter Sandman or with our Australian star now punting: Hells Bells from AC/DC
    Zeearend
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 am
    Location: 3 meters below sea level


Re: Question: music at Centurylink
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 am


  • This was the best intro of all time and still gives me chills. "Knocking at Your Back Door" by Deep Purple and "Run Like Hell" Pink Floyd mixed into one song. Bittersweet sucks
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1127
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am




It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Lwrb25, seacat1 and 146 guests