Cut Prosise tomorrow

kf3339

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":2al29gnx said:
hawknation2018":2al29gnx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1030152258141356032[/tweet]

We still have walk thru and stretching before the game.

:irishdrinkers:

rjas77

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":3cx9cvfo said:
hawknation2018":3cx9cvfo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1030152258141356032[/tweet]

We still have walk thru and stretching before the game.

Gold

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":4whzni5y said:
I'm holding on to him, he's cheap, in a contract year and if he ever gets healthy look what he did in that New England game, he looked like the best player on the field...I would even go Procise over Mckissic.

2017: McKissic: 13 games 46 car 187 yards 4.1 avg, 1 TD, 34 rec 266 yards 2 TD (453 total yards, 3 TD); 1 KR 22 yards

2017: Prosise: 5 games, 11 car 21 yards 2.1 avg, 6 rec 87 yards (108 total yards, 0 TD)... 1 career TD

Why have folks forgotten that Prosise absolutely sucked last year when he did play? And don't blame the line-Carson and McKissic dealt with the exact same garbage OL and produced.

I could give a rat's ass about Prosise's 1 nice game 2 years ago. McKissic contributes, works his tail off, does anything asked. Prosise hasn't done a damn thing and is as dependable as a 1970 AMC Gremlin.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I prefer to let the coaches make the personnel decisions, it's quite possible they know a little more than the peanut gallery.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":9wjrtujz said:
getnasty":9wjrtujz said:
I'm holding on to him, he's cheap, in a contract year and if he ever gets healthy look what he did in that New England game, he looked like the best player on the field...I would even go Procise over Mckissic.

2017: McKissic: 13 games 46 car 187 yards 4.1 avg, 1 TD, 34 rec 266 yards 2 TD (453 total yards, 3 TD); 1 KR 22 yards

2017: Prosise: 5 games, 11 car 21 yards 2.1 avg, 6 rec 87 yards (108 total yards, 0 TD)... 1 career TD

Why have folks forgotten that Prosise absolutely sucked last year when he did play? And don't blame the line-Carson and McKissic dealt with the exact same garbage OL and produced.

I could give a rat's ass about Prosise's 1 nice game 2 years ago. McKissic contributes, works his tail off, does anything asked. Prosise hasn't done a damn thing and is as dependable as a 1970 AMC Gremlin.

This^ ...especially the gremlin part lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd be all for cutting Prosise at the end of camp, but unfortunately with Penny's injury we have to make sure that's healed and he's good to go before getting rid of Prosise.

I'm old school Bill Parcells when it comes to this stuff, if you're constantly injured you're gone, I've got no time for that. It effects your entire position group............and not only just in games, but training camp and practice.

Because if you're consistently out and not practicing, that means your teammates are the ones who have to take all those reps, which wears them down as well. It's a snowball effect.

Great talent and potential, but it's to the point of ridiculousness seeing him scratched from the lineup week after week because of some new nagging injury. He's either soft or injury prone, either way I'm done with CJ.

Rocket

Reaction score
He's due. Give the man a(nother) shot, some good will, a prayer.
Oh ye of little faith. Prosise will surprise, positively.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not counting on a guy that gets hurt warming up multiple times...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rocket":22hwp4f9 said:

Looks like me and Rocket are holding down the C. J. Prosise fan club this week.

I say he's not a bust and will have some big games for the Hawks this season.
So it's time to double down. Buy your Prosise jerseys now while they're cheap.
I think I'll add Prosise to my sig as my honorary adopt-a-rookie for 2018.
Game-wise, he's probably still in his rookie season in terms of number of games played.

I wrote a book here explaining my take, my best guess at the situation,
here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140310&start=50#p2190673

Y'all are dogging Prosise, I understand why, it's just that I happen to believe he is a tough, smart, hardworking athlete who has simply had poop-for-luck due to a severe shoulder+arm+wrist injury in 2016 that he's never fully recovered from, and the team is not fully disclosing the injury, for whatever the reasons are. The team is making up assorted "excuse" injuries to hold him out until the real injury is well enough to play at an NFL level. There are reasons a team would do this, e.g., to keep other teams from targeting the injured area, by giving them bad information.

Being a Prosise fan now is about like being a Sounders soccer fan in June. Team in last place, "stick a fork in them." If you're a committed fan, and/or simply should be committed, you wear your team jersey with pride in good times and in bad. (Sounders 6 straight wins in July-Aug, back in playoff position again)

Time to go see if I can score a Prosise jersey... get 'em while they're still cheap!

getnasty

Reaction score
olyfan63":3jwas25s said:
Rocket":3jwas25s said:

Looks like me and Rocket are holding down the C. J. Prosise fan club this week.

I say he's not a bust and will have some big games for the Hawks this season.
So it's time to double down. Buy your Prosise jerseys now while they're cheap.
I think I'll add Prosise to my sig as my honorary adopt-a-rookie for 2018.
Game-wise, he's probably still in his rookie season in terms of number of games played.

I wrote a book here explaining my take, my best guess at the situation,
here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140310&start=50#p2190673

Y'all are dogging Prosise, I understand why, it's just that I happen to believe he is a tough, smart, hardworking athlete who has simply had poop-for-luck due to a severe shoulder+arm+wrist injury in 2016 that he's never fully recovered from, and the team is not fully disclosing the injury, for whatever the reasons are. The team is making up assorted "excuse" injuries to hold him out until the real injury is well enough to play at an NFL level. There are reasons a team would do this, e.g., to keep other teams from targeting the injured area, by giving them bad information.

Being a Prosise fan now is about like being a Sounders soccer fan in June. Team in last place, "stick a fork in them." If you're a committed fan, and/or simply should be committed, you wear your team jersey with pride in good times and in bad. (Sounders 6 straight wins in July-Aug, back in playoff position again)

Time to go see if I can score a Prosise jersey... get 'em while they're still cheap!

Add me to the list, if he ever figured his health out he's a poor man's Laveon/David Johnson type of back defintly a match up nightmare

hawknation2018

Reaction score
For some reason, I feel more patient and optimistic about Prosise than I do Amara Darboh — who is, once again, not expected to play.

James in PA

Reaction score
Breaking news: C.J. Prosise has just been ruled out for the San Diego game with an ice cream headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHawkster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":etrg9j55 said:
For some reason, I feel more patient and optimistic about Prosise than I do Amara Darboh — who is, once again, not expected to play.

Darboh is the same height, weight and had the same combine stats as Jaron Brown.
If that doesn't tell him something, nothing will.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
TheHawkster":17fojhj5 said:
hawknation2018":17fojhj5 said:

Darboh is the same height, weight and had the same combine stats as Jaron Brown.
If that doesn't tell him something, nothing will.

Brown wasn't at the combine, but he was much faster at his Pro Day (4.29 seconds). It's hard to compare Pro Days with the combine sometimes. But it's clear from watching Brown that he is the quicker-twitch athlete.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
For the Prosise advocates, what is it about his play from last season and his 1 preseason game this year that makes you feel he's an impact player? I'm genuinely curious what other folks see that I don't with this player.

Playing late in the 4th qtr in preseason is usually indicative of where Pete views one on the depth chart.