Seahawks reportedly offered a 2nd round pick for QB Brissett

olyfan63

Reaction score
nanomoz":23gilrru said:
Perhaps someone misheard and a "seventh" was the offer?

I don't buy the Seahawks would value a second round pick at the level of backup quarterback. Believing that would, I think, require the assumption that Russell Wilson will not be retained.

I'm going with this. I'd give a 7th for Brissett.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If anything, this speaks to the level of faith the Colts have in Luck to stay healthy. The guy just started "throwing a football" again recently.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Jville":33nqu4c5 said:
I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

Jacoby Brissett committed to the University of Florida in 2011.

Brissett transferred to North Carolina State in his final year.

The same school Russell Wilson played at in all but his final collegian year.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.
I get that you did some homework, but I don't see the connections. Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter for Miami, so because Brissett committed to a school in the same state... I don't see any connection there.

Brissett played at NC state, and Wilson played at NC State... but several years apart. I don't see any connection there either.

By "connection" I mean something that makes him more worthy of acquisition than any other backup QB in the league. I get that Miami is in Florida so therefore... Nah I still don't get that one, but I do get that NC State = NC State, but they got there years apart and by different means (one starting there, one ending there).

Jville

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":zg36a8p0 said:
Jville":zg36a8p0 said:
I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.
I get that you did some homework, but I don't see the connections. Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter for Miami, so because Brissett committed to a school in the same state... I don't see any connection there.

Brissett played at NC state, and Wilson played at NC State... but several years apart. I don't see any connection there either.

By "connection" I mean something that makes him more worthy of acquisition than any other backup QB in the league. I get that Miami is in Florida so therefore... Nah I still don't get that one, but I do get that NC State = NC State, but they got there years apart and by different means (one starting there, one ending there).

Brennan Carroll is familiar with Brissett as their time envelope at the University of Miami overlapped. The Carolina connection is an inference of Carolina's program and staff as an influence in developing and recommending quarterbacks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Steve2222":14wyoty3 said:
How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis
Kap is not a better QB than Brissett at this point but he MIGHT be a less expensive option.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3g9o8awm said:
I don't believe this. I don't believe anybody would offer a second rounder for Brissett, and I don't believe anybody would turn down a second rounder for Brissett.
Try and follow along ... at the point an offer was made the Colts weren’t positive that Luck would play football again much less this season so it’s not hard to believe they’d turn down on offer like that. Even now they are worried that Luck might not finish the season so they need a proven starter as their insurance policy. It also stands to reason that other GM’s would understand that and know it would take a substantial offer to get the Colts to part with their insurance policy. It makes sense to me.

quadsas

Reaction score
Jville":ay44olr9 said:
KiwiHawk":ay44olr9 said:
Jville":ay44olr9 said:

Brennan Carroll is familiar with Brissett as their time envelope at the University of Miami overlapped. The Carolina connection is an inference of Carolina's program and staff as an influence in developing and recommending quarterbacks.

Here's a thing - who gives a rats ass? It has very little to no influence on John Schneider's decision to offer a 2nd rounder. Just stop trying to appear smart, your ramblings don't make sense

brimsalabim

Reaction score
adeltaY":2ivv8p4o said:
Jville":2ivv8p4o said:
adeltaY":2ivv8p4o said:
Steve2222":2ivv8p4o said:
How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

You're right, and I wish we had him, but it's over for Kaep.

Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to be Here' and 'Passed' on Contract ---- John Elway. >>> [urltargetblank]http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/16/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-denver-broncos-backup-quarterback-options[/urltargetblank]

What has that got to do with the Seahawks or anyone else signing him? Elway demanded he take a paycut while he offered Osweiler 16M a year. There was no reason for Kaep to take such a low ball deal at the time.
. It has to do with the comments above about Kap being a better backup signing than Brissett.
Apparently there was a reason for him to take the Denver contract as he is still searching for a deal today. It was also reported that he turned down a deal from the ravens because he didn’t want to be a back up. If he still sees himself as only a starter then he’s not a back up option for us either.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Kaep isn't really an option anymore I agree. I was questioning the relevance of him being offered a crappy deal two years ago to the discussion today.

adeltaY

Reaction score
quadsas":2olbmwqt said:
Jville":2olbmwqt said:
KiwiHawk":2olbmwqt said:
Jville":2olbmwqt said:

Here's a thing - who gives a rats ass? It has very little to no influence on John Schneider's decision to offer a 2nd rounder. Just stop trying to appear smart, your ramblings don't make sense

Or maybe the connection is as simple as Schotty was the QB coach for Brissett last year. A lot less circuitous that what was previously suggested

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We don't have a 2nd rounder to begin with, second of all LaCanfora just said this is bunk sooo.. I tend to go with that as he's actually connected to someone with the Seahawks.

Jville

Reaction score
Let the Brissett for Earl Thomas rumors begin. LOL

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":16w8ph2k said:
Fake news! Ban OP and lock thread.

Ban OP? I didn't make up the news. It came from the Boston Globe. I also used the verbiage reportedly.

Even if the news is fake, it's noteworthy that a major newspaper reported it as being the truth; that in itself warrants discussion.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
lukerguy":1l1k72ll said:
ImTheScientist":1l1k72ll said:
Fake news! Ban OP and lock thread.

Ban OP? I didn't make up the news. It came from the Boston Globe. I also used the verbiage reportedly.

Even if the news is fake, it's noteworthy that a major newspaper reported it as being the truth; that in itself warrants discussion.

He was kidding, i.e. being intentionally hyperbolic.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I also think maybe a rumor at best. But let's compare Brissett vs. Austin Davis - as starters.

Brissett - 15 starts (2017)
469 -ATT
276 -COMP
58.8 -COMP %
3098 -YDS
13 -TDS
7 -INTS
81.7 QB RATING

Davis - 8 starts (2014)
284 -ATT
180 -COMP
63.4 -COMP %
2001 -YDS
12 -TDS
9 -INTS
85.1 QB RATING

I know you cannot compare apples to apples over 15 games, but if you did, the numbers would be very close and we didn't lose any draft picks signing Davis.

And, I cannot recall any team offering a 2nd RD pick for a back-up QB. Can you?

And, a 2nd RD Draft pick for a player with such a small sample size of starts?

Lastly, guess who was Davis' Offensive Coordinator in 2014 when he was with the Rams? Brian Schottenheimer. So, he's had time to understand what he has and could have asked the FO to find another vet to work with during OTAs, TC, etc., instead of waiting until the start of the preseason to find a viable back-up for RW.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3ej11rff said:
I don't believe this. I don't believe anybody would offer a second rounder for Brissett, and I don't believe anybody would turn down a second rounder for Brissett.
So much this! Fake news!