Best Touchdown In Seahawks History

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Best Hit poll did well, so let's try a new topic. What is the best touchdown (in your mind) in Seahawks History? No poll because touchdowns are so ubiquitous over the years. Think game-winning, think cuiture-changing, etc...What ya got?

acer1240

Reaction score
I may have the name wrong but Paul Skansi? The game Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks or something like that. I had turned the game off out of frustration.
I've never made that same mistake again. I watch until the bitter end

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Just hard to argue against Beastquake. That play really ushered in the greatest era of Seahawks history.

Percy Harvin taking it to the house was the moment we knew 48 was ours. That has to way up there.

Dave Krieg shaking off Derrick Thomas and hitting Paul Skansi was an unbelieveable play, although part of a lost season.

A few personal favorites -- Michael McCrary's blocked FG, handing it to Robert Blackmon (1996). You didn't see it live unless you were there as the game was blacked out. I was there.

1985 -- Krieg fumbles, kicks it, picks it up, finds Danny Greene. Would have been a really great play if Eric Dickerson didn't shred our defense on the next drive.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Beastquake it tops for sure but I do have a couple favorites.

Touchdown pass from RW to Rice against the Patriots was great (You mad bro?)

Lynch's TD with 30 seconds left in the playoffs against the Falcons (2012 season)

Also very fond of the Hasselbeck slide TD against Washington (2005 playoffs).

Steve2222

Reaction score
Beastquake is the obvious choice. However here are few others

- Chancellors pick 6 from the Panthers goal line in the 2014 playoffs

- Wilson’s GW TD to Sidney Rice in OT against Chicago 2012. That was arguably the turning point to the 2012 season and to this day I still think the 2012 team was better than 2013s.

- Marshawn bulldozing defenders at the goal line against the Redskins 2012 playoffs

- Wilson’s GW bomb to Kearse in OT NFCCG 2014 against GB to clinch the NFC.

Really wouldn’t say any TD was too memorable in the SB48 simply because it was just utter domination the entire game.

stang233

Reaction score
For me. Smith SB 48.

Harvin SB 48 finally knew it was over.

Kams pick 6

NJlargent

Reaction score
4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Pretty sure Tate was the first one with the ball in his hands and his feet on the ground. The Packers may have had the ball in their hands but no feet touching.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
NJlargent":3ovp9rmr said:
4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

Really great choice.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

HawkGA

Reaction score
The Skansi catch is hard to beat and will always be my favorite. My son could grow up to play for the Seahawks, catch the winning pass in the Super Bowl, and I'd probably still rank the Skansi catch number 1.

That said, Beastquake I and II were frickin' awesome, as was Kearse's against the Packers. And this thread inspired me to go back and watch the supposed Fail Mary. I'd forgotten how much of a legit catch and touchdown that was.

naholmes

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":b1qpouyr said:
NJlargent":b1qpouyr said:

Really great choice.
This one for me too. Hawks were down 17-13 and it was already the 4th quarter. If they turned over on downs then the 49ers very well could have taken control. Instead it was the game winner.

[youtube]LOhAREao-vY[/youtube]

907Hawk

Reaction score
For me it would be the 40 yard Lynch run at the beginning of the second half of the NFC championship against the 49ers. The Hawks were down 10-3 at that point in the game and the 9ers had controlled the game for most of the first half, they needed a drive to set the tone in that heavyweight battle.

two dog

Reaction score
Dave Krieg hits Darryl Turner for an 80 yard TD on the first play of the game
striking dumb the loud Denver crowd at Mile-High.

But Paul Skansi in KC is the stuff of a novel.