• Yes

Votes: 93 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 62 40.3%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ducks41468":1nlguury said:
It's been time for a couple of years now. Assuming we don't have a major turnaround and make the playoffs he should be gone, along with Schotty. And very likely JS as well, given our abysmal drafting.

That's kinda how it works. If the HC goes, so does everyone else.

I could maybe see Schneider staying if Pete goes? But even then Paul might want to clean house and make that part of the deal with getting the best new HC possible, having input into who the GM is.

Just makes me sad that we're even having this conversation two games into the season, when it was barely a couple years ago that the entire NFL considered John and Pete one of the top FO's in the entire league, if not THE best.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":3vf89pwo said:
Pete's influence at USC caused Norm Chow to leave, I think he is doing that same thing here now, he just needs to focus on what he knows, Holmgren had the good sense to let his DC do his job and not meddle in it.

^This.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3nh596up said:
Not since his 2nd SB loss he hasn't.

With one of the best rosters in football, he took us to the wildcard games and then got blown out in the first real playoff game EVERY year but for the year he missed the playoffs entirely.

In most of those years, the Seahawks were the NFC favorite for the SB or were the 2nd or 3rd choice (darkhorse)

So he literally underproduced with one of the best defenses and most talented rosters ever year past the SB loss. The consensus evaluation of the roster was high, hence the constantly getting picked as the SB favorite for the NFC.

That is almost the textbook definition of doing nothing. Maybe worse.

Preach

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Underproduced with one of the best defenses? He got to two superbowls. How many SB's did the Mid 80's Bears get to? The early 2000's Bucaneers?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Expectations of multiple Superbowls in the current NFL parity at all costs system are pretty ridiculous. There is exactly one franchise that can boast that sort of consistency. That's a high bar.

Pete got us to the playoffs 6 straight seasons. No one else in the NFC has done that this decade.

Pete deserves to coach here until he wishes to retire and I'm certainly afraid that his leaving will throw us into another 10 year abyss of bad Seahawk football. Everyone wanted Holmgren gone and Knox gone and their successors were worse. You don't can good coaches. You let them rebuild. Everyone needs to rebuild every 6 years or so. Peak performance of players only lasts a few years.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1d9m6nbj said:
Underproduced with one of the best defenses? He got to two superbowls. How many SB's did the Mid 80's Bears get to? The early 2000's Bucaneers?

Expectations of multiple Superbowls in the current NFL parity at all costs system are pretty ridiculous. There is exactly one franchise that can boast that sort of consistency. That's a high bar.

Pete got us to the playoffs 6 straight seasons. No one else in the NFC has done that this decade.

Pete deserves to coach here until he wishes to retire and I'm certainly afraid that his leaving will throw us into another 10 year abyss of bad Seahawk football. Everyone wanted Holmgren gone and Knox gone and their successors were worse. You don't can good coaches. You let them rebuild. Everyone needs to rebuild every 6 years or so. Peak performance of players only lasts a few years.

I know it is feels good to be a contrarian but the offense has gotten progressively worse and the arrow is pointing right at PC now. Probably why he held onto Bevelle so long, he knew Bevelle wasn't the whole problem.

There is nothing wrong with having high expectations. No corporation or business owner says "well everyone has a couple years of losing money (once established)". No, they say this is unacceptable and try to fix the problem. The past 2 games has been some of the worst offensive play calling I have ever seen. I don't want Pete gone but I want him to keep his damn hands off the offense. At least during game time.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but seems like in 2019 we're picking between Pete & Russ.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1qm8qajd said:
I don't know the answer, but seems like in 2019 we're picking between Pete & Russ.

They both have there issues . It might be time to clean house and start over.

mrt144

Reaction score
Mad Dog":10i7789j said:

Do you know how hard it was taking the keys away from my 93 year old grandpa?

It was actually quite easy, he was 93 and couldn't get em back from me after one cute attempt.

Point is, you can be a damn American hero but if can no longer drive, you can no longer drive even if you have capably driven for at least 75 years of your life. I don't care how many Germans you shot down over the Sahara.

This is about winning a damn game. Maybe I am not part of a demographic that believes there is some inherent deserves in keeping your job as a game player based on what you've done in the past. You gotta keep earning your seat at the table, not just get there because you won something 5 years ago and are a personality. Pete can absolutely do that turnaround but the question is will he. I don't have high hopes given the recurring issues across seasons and coaching changes, his age (I hate myself for saying that too because my mom is like the biggest proponent against agism ever), the vaporization of draft picks. I don't have high hopes, but there is hope.

A hopeful scenario here is that they're riding out what they have to some extent in the face of the 2020 CBA and then do better than other teams in figuring out the frontier of value. But I wish I had some evidence that they understood value at present state before indulging too much. Not so much in the cuts but acquisitions.

Another hopeful scenario is Pete retires on his own understanding he doesn't have it anymore and leaves the team on good terms and as a fresh palate for whoever takes over. But he seems unflappable.

I'm just at the point where I want to see something other than the brand of football the Hawks have become because it's predictable, frustrating and seemingly resistant to not being that. I would love the Hawks to reward a successful and honorable (I know, I ask too much, maybe just not merc dirtbags) college coach with his first gig just to see what the hell happens and what the potential future of football looks like from both sides of the ball. I don't fear the unknown there, because it has got to be more interesting as entertainment than what's on the field.

Although .net is providing a ton of entertainment.

rcaido

Reaction score
Ungrateful fans...Before everyone wanted Thomas gone...Then they wanted Wilson gone....Now this week Carol gone..

We are great fans when we are winning but the most whiniest sore losers if we dont.

Second best record since Wilson arrived. Our draft picks this year looks good. We lost a lot of key players (Avril, Bennet, Sherman, & kam) this year we haven't gotten Baldwin & KJ...Wagner was out last game...Lets wait for the season to end to see if we need to move on.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
rcaido":3rra2bwe said:
Ungrateful fans...Before everyone wanted Thomas gone...Then they wanted Wilson gone....Now this week Carol gone..

We are great fans when we are winning but the most whiniest sore losers if we dont.

Second best record since Wilson arrived. Our draft picks this year looks good. We lost a lot of key players (Avril, Bennet, Sherman, & kam) this year we haven't gotten Baldwin & KJ...Wagner was out last game...Lets wait for the season to end to see if we need to move on.
Yes we should be greatfull for that crap we saw lol ... look at the poll your in the minority.. look at what cowherd said about Seattle today lmao :pukeface:

IrishNW

Reaction score
the real power struggle might be between john and pete

Elemas

Reaction score
I don't know. I liked Pete. Loved his energy. I still remember talking smack...we were at the goal line with Marshawn BeastMode Lynch. Imagine that...nickname BeastMode. That just has bad-ass written all over it.

I digress. So there I was sitting at a bar in Anchorage, drunk ooff my ass, yelling "F...You Tom Brady" on every Seahawks drive. I felt my own inner-BeastMode in those moments. Even 17 beers in, I was raging. "F... You Tom Brady".
The Pats fans (90%) of the bar grew restless. I kept thinking, f...k 'em while screaming out "F...You Tom Brady".

The the pass happened. After I shit my pants, I snuck to the bathroom and crawled out the window.

Moral of the story: I've been salty with Pete since.

Fade

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3s16gqhc said:
Probably, yeah. I think Pete needs to go somewhere new and try again, for his own benefit. He does best in new situations.

For us, a coach like Matt LaFleur would be a good option to take over as head coach. I know PA likes to hire big, but I think he's a hot name with a hell of a resume on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see how he does with Mariota this year.

Team John DeFilippo. It's early though, I haven't really started looking around yet. I love LaFleur's lineage. His offense would fit RW like a glove. I question if LaFeur can lead men, and be the head guy. DeFilippo is ready now.

But still early. I will have a better answer later this year.

[youtube]HsY9z4p8cUk[/youtube]
[youtube]xrttJJlKgGk[/youtube]
[youtube]lTYBkDPde5M[/youtube]

rcaido

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2dpqauso said:
rcaido":2dpqauso said:

Yes we should be greatfull for that crap we saw lol ... look at the poll your in the minority.. look at what cowherd said about Seattle today lmao :pukeface:

Dont care if I'm in the minority...people are not in their state of mind after a loss.

Lose 1 game people talk about tanking the season...getting rid of franchise elite qb.

Now you want to boot Pete and john.

This is a minor reset year. We need time adjust and gel...

907Hawk

Reaction score
rcaido":3csomma4 said:

Just a bunch of front running nancy's who are only happy when they can find a scapegoat to blame. :irishdrinkers: