Would You Trade Russell Wilson For Three 1st Round Picks?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
xray":3i0m7keu said:
Yes but only if Carroll didn't make the picks.

Ditto.

I like their work in rounds 3 and 4. But the top of the draft has been pretty brutal.

Seattle is in dire need of talent infusion. We aren't two years away from contending for the postseason. Not with a true alpha team in the division.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Messiah to Martyr. Some of y’all are ridiculous. Call out the one guy that gives us a chance on Sundays. Done and won more with less around him than anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
As Wilson turns 30 soon and inevitably loses another step in the next couple years, I would make such a move. He has not proven this year he can be a true pocket passer that can carry the team. With an upcoming contract at 20% of the cap, it would be better to risk finding an adequate game manager and rebuild the D and run game. It may take some time to find such a sufficient turnover averse QB, but with the current state of the team, you pull the trigger.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":kzybf3hr said:
Messiah to Martyr. Some of y’all are ridiculous. Call out the one guy that gives us a chance on Sundays. Done and won more with less around him than anyone

Don't disagree. But that's the dilemma for me. What good would paying him 30 million a year be with this squad and him getting older.

Might have to.hit the reset button on the qb position just to free up.cap space to get better elsewhere.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1u4ekcca said:
DJ_CJ":1u4ekcca said:

Don't disagree. But that's the dilemma for me. What good would paying him 30 million a year be with this squad and him getting older.

Might have to.hit the reset button on the qb position just to free up.cap space to get better elsewhere.

Because he’s one of the best to ever suit up, period. We hit absolute jack pot selecting him, let alone as late as did doing so. With franchise QB its never complete rebuild more retool. Honestly falls on coaching and the mantra we had initially, compete. We got complacent and signed every name on D for years to big deals which in turn imo killed that compete/possible interjection of youth while also allowing us to get older and thinner. All while you have a franchise QB and have invested next to nothing to protect. Claim run identity and yet abandon it, let alone play calling that doesnt scheme to our strengths and weaknesses.

Fade

Reaction score
Properly building around a Pro-Bowl QB is easier, than trying to find another one.

The problem has been Pete doesn't know how to properly build on the offensive side of the ball.

--Tom Cable

--Percy Harvin: gave him $19M GTD, losing a 1st, 3rd, 7th.

--Jimmy Graham for Unger & a 1st. Then proceed to use him improperly until about the final 10 games of his last season.

--Alex Collins

--Christine Michael

--Eddie Lacy

--J'Marcus Webb

--Luke Joeckel

--Germaine Ifedi

--Rhees Odhiambo

--Nick Vannett

--Letting Giacomini & Carpenter walk. (You keep one of them to keep your O-Line from getting too young.)

--Letting Tate walk. (Which leads to spending a 2nd on Richardson, and trading up using 4 picks (3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) in total to select Tyler Lockett, all to make up for refusing to pay Tate $6M APY for 5 years.) Now Paying Tyler Lockett $11M APY for 3 yrs, and at best is a #3 while coming off a major injury. While Tate was a legit #2.

--Letting Okung walk, and ignoring LT for 1.5 seasons (Lucky Russ didn't suffer a major injury during this period.) Which lead to having to surrender a 2nd & 3rd. And pay big money to an older LT. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

--Penny in the 1st isn't looking good right now. (Though obviously more time is needed to properly eval.)

--Puppet OCs that live under Pete's thumb.

The scary truth is I probably left some bad moves out as there are too many.

Meanwhile on Defense, all I can think of is Cary Williams & Malik McDowell. As Pete is damn good on that side of the ball.

After reading that. Does anybody want to surrender their Pro Bowl QB for three 1st rdrs? They would become the new Cleveland Browns if they did.

NO. The better choice is to make a change at the top. A franchise QB cannot cover up that many mistakes.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Fade":1nucbrk3 said:
Properly building around a Pro-Bowl QB is easier, than trying to find another one.

The problem has been Pete doesn't know how to properly build on the offensive side of the ball.

--Tom Cable

--Jimmy Graham for Unger & a 1st. Then proceed to use him improperly until about the final 10 games of his last season.

--Alex Collins

--Christine Michael

--Eddie Lacy

--J'Marcus Webb

--Luke Joeckel

--Germaine Ifedi

--Rhees Odhiambo

--Nick Vannett

--Letting Giacomini & Carpenter walk. (You keep one of them to keep your O-Line from getting too young.)

--Letting Tate walk. (Which leads to spending a 2nd on Richardson, and trading up using 4 picks (3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) in total to select Tyler Lockett, all to make up for refusing to pay Tate $6M APY for 5 years.) Now Paying Tyler Lockett $11M APY for 3 yrs, and at best is a #3 while coming off a major injury. While Tate was a legit #2.

--Letting Okung walk, and ignoring LT for 1.5 seasons (Lucky Russ didn't suffer a major injury during this period.) Which lead to having to surrender a 2nd & 3rd. And pay big money to an older LT. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

--Penny in the 1st isn't looking good right now. (Though obviously more time is needed to properly eval.)

Meanwhile on Defense, all I can think of is Cary Williams & Malik McDowell. As Pete is damn good on that side of the ball.

After reading that. Does anybody want to surrender their Pro Bowl QB for three 1st rdrs? They would become the new Cleveland Browns if they did.

NO. The better choice is to make a change at the top. A franchise QB cannot cover up that many mistakes.

And all those moves have effectively ruined franchise. Yes we saw short term gains like two back to back Super Bowls with one win and a stout defense, but piling all the money in said defense and completely ignoring the offense, especially the O-Line, while trying to groom a franchise quarterback? That's not working out for us at all and it still shows. Even with the expensive defense gone, only having a few of those pieces left and now with a mostly unproven or hallow defense we still aren't or can't put money into the O-Line or offense to help Russel and instead try to band-aid everything.

Brown is a band-aid.
Marshal is a band-aid.
Whatever we're doing to the running game is a patch work as well.

We have no true investment anywhere on the offense.

Penny could develop into something, but only if we focus on the O-Line. Dissly has been a pleasant surprise but I think he'll be largely ignored as a playmaker because Pete is apparently really against using a TE that could be more than a blocker. After Doug we get a slight drop off to Lockett and after him a major slope downward. What is the plan for the WR position?

The short of it is, there is no plan. Everything seems to be a shot from the hip. A quick draw to see if something works or continue to follow a philosophy/play style that has been proven to not work anymore.

massari

Reaction score
Fade":14091k6f said:

--Tom Cable

--Alex Collins

--Christine Michael

--Eddie Lacy

--J'Marcus Webb

--Luke Joeckel

--Germaine Ifedi

--Rhees Odhiambo

--Nick Vannett

Signing Blair Walsh instead of Haush

Released Jahari Evans after a month when all they have is garbage at RG. He went on to start and play well for the next two seasons.

Fade

Reaction score
massari":c1n5ev3g said:
Released Jahari Evans after a month when all they have is garbage at RG. He went on to start and play well for the next two seasons.
:D

See I told you I would forget some. The list is too damn long.