Carroll’s absurd explanation for not using Carson

AgentDib

Reaction score
kag0331":3wxtzpv1 said:
The concerning part was why Davis was in at the end of the game it makes no sense... he hadn’t played all game or at all in the first game so it’s clear the Carson was being punished I don’t care what PC says he doesn’t want to air their dirty laundry, he isn’t trying to fracture a once very unstable LOCKER ROOM. I’m leaning toward Carson had words with one of the coaches about not being put back in during one only the multiple failed penny experiments...Think about it guys he is as confused as he being told one thing and them doing another he obviously said something to one of the coaches or multiple coaches... CARSON WAS BEING PUNISHED NO DOUBT ABOUT IT
I agree there could be something they don't want to make public because it clearly wasn't only about getting Penny more snaps. Prosise had 18 snaps, Tre Madden had 6 snaps, and Mike Davis had 9 snaps.

My new completely unsubstantiated theory is that the reports of Carson puking on the sidelines due to altitude sickness against the Broncos were really just him being sick with a virus of some sort. That would explain why Pete was checking on his condition in week 2 and would be quick to see him as not 100%. Of course that doesn't explain why Carson would have been playing a couple of snaps on special teams.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
One of Pete's dictums is "Always protect the team." So I suspect the real answer is unflattering to Carson and Pete isn't going to share it. And frankly none of us really have a right to the truth.

So be pissed off at Pete all you want. None of his team rules include "full disclosure to the media". So you can make up all sorts of conspiracy theories but in the end Carson was benched and Pete has no inclination to tell anyone why and that's his prerogative.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1k4osy81 said:
One of Pete's dictums is "Always protect the team." So I suspect the real answer is unflattering to Carson and Pete isn't going to share it. And frankly none of us really have a right to the truth.

So be pissed off at Pete all you want. None of his team rules include "full disclosure to the media". So you can make up all sorts of conspiracy theories but in the end Carson was benched and Pete has no inclination to tell anyone why and that's his prerogative.

Doesn't hold water, he did tell us why. If that was the case Pete could just say "That is between Chris and I, we will work through it...next question" rather than tell a complete dumb manufactured lie. You are not protecting Carson by telling everyone he is so out of shape he couldn't play. :177692:

Optimus25

Reaction score
mistaowen":sdnswaze said:
mikeak":sdnswaze said:
I just posted it under the Brock and Salk post I made in reference to PC interview this morning but he at least there admits "a mistake". The reference belongs in this thread

I was off on the thing I said about Chris (Carson) about (him being gassed from helping with special teams as well). He was on special teams a couple plays but I thought that’s what happened and I just misread him on the sidelines a little bit and didn’t clearly understand. And so I just wanted to give Rashaad (Penny) a chance to go play… and then Chris never really (got) back in the game, and it feels like ‘Well did you bench him or something?’ That didn’t happen. It just was the way things turned. And so I missed it a little bit.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/521609/pe ... -to-bears/

Stop overseeing the offense Pete.

I easily could have been mistaken as i was only half ass watching the game Monday in the same fashion the offense decided to partake, but i swear at one point i saw a timeout by the offense and russ on the sideline conferencing with Pete, and schott not even close nearby. That's when they wheels fell off for me and i knew we were toast and the magic was gone for good.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So the big question now is this: Chris Carson were you tired?

"Nah," he told QFox13's Aaron Levine.

See how easy that was to figure out.

Thought that was funny.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":12m65kxh said:
Mad Dog":12m65kxh said:

Doesn't hold water, he did tell us why. If that was the case Pete could just say "That is between Chris and I, we will work through it...next question" rather than tell a complete dumb manufactured lie. You are not protecting Carson by telling everyone he is so out of shape he couldn't play. :177692:

Because saying "That's between Chris and I" automatically indicates friction and the whole internet would blow up trying to find out why. Saying he was tired doing extra duties is a lot easier to slip under the radar. Sadly there are people that actually look at snap counts on special teams.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1q28m6eu said:
Seymour":1q28m6eu said:
Mad Dog":1q28m6eu said:

Because saying "That's between Chris and I" automatically indicates friction and the whole internet would blow up trying to find out why. Saying he was tired doing extra duties is a lot easier to slip under the radar. Sadly there are people that actually look at snap counts on special teams.

And a flat out lie doesn't?

"Between Chris and I" could mean friction yes...but it could mean performance, it could mean possible injury, it could mean he thought Penny was the hotter hand, it could mean they like other matchups better, it could mean many things other than "friction".

As it is, the internet blew up anyway looking up why he told such a stupid and obvious lie that threw his starting RB under the bus.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":34wulbfk said:
Mad Dog":34wulbfk said:

I agree with Mad Dog.

We've all been around Pete long enough to parse when he's being vague and avoiding answering questions. IMO this is one of those cases, he gives us some vague mealy mouthed answer to protect or avoid the real issue.

My guess is Carson was missing pass pro assignments, or running to the wrong holes, or something that got him benched..................or Pete just simply wanted to see more of Penny, and came up with the half assed vague answer to not have to say it.

Frankly I don't care who runs between the two, I just want to see more running. If Pete thinks that's Penny, then so be it. But JUST RUN.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15kuhdbe said:
Seymour":15kuhdbe said:
Mad Dog":15kuhdbe said:

I agree with Mad Dog.

We've all been around Pete long enough to parse when he's being vague and avoiding answering questions. IMO this is one of those cases, he gives us some vague mealy mouthed answer to protect or avoid the real issue.

My guess is Carson was missing pass pro assignments, or running to the wrong holes, or something that got him benched..................or Pete just simply wanted to see more of Penny, and came up with the half assed vague answer to not have to say it.

Frankly I don't care who runs between the two, I just want to see more running. If Pete thinks that's Penny, then so be it. But JUST RUN.

I don't care who runs it either, unless the stats bear out an obvious winner which in this case they do. Combine that with Carroll's own statement that Penny had some work left to do and Carson won the reps, and what you now have is a situation where your head coach looks like he's lost his mind.

crazy-man.jpg

Here'ssssss Penny!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":g6t0b4h4 said:
Sgt. Largent":g6t0b4h4 said:
Seymour":g6t0b4h4 said:
Mad Dog":g6t0b4h4 said:

I agree with Mad Dog.

I don't care who runs it either, unless the stats bear out an obvious winner which in this case they do. Combine that with Carroll's own statement that Penny had some work left to do and Carson won the reps, and what you now have is a situation where your head coach looks like he's lost his mind. This also further diminishes Pete's always compete mantra that is taking hits weekly.

crazy-man.jpg

Here'ssssss Penny!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1mz55ha9 said:
I don't care who runs it either, unless the stats bear out an obvious winner which in this case they do. Combine that with Carroll's own statement that Penny had some work left to do and Carson won the reps, and what you now have is a situation where your head coach looks like he's lost his mind.

Here'ssssss Penny!!

I agree on both accounts.

Just the fact that Pete's giving us the BS answer that he was confused about Carson's special teams snaps (only 2), and that's why he didn't play the entire 2nd half?

C'mon.................there's an old saying in the sales world, when someone says something that makes ZERO sense, they're either stupid, or lying.

Well Pete ain't stupid, so it only leaves one choice.

btw, why is our starting RB playing taking special teams snaps. You know how many other starting RB's play special teams? ZERO, that's how many.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
So here's the thing, so what if he's lying or covering up some other team decision?

Let's say for the sake of argument we know for a fact that Pete made up this story to keep from giving us/the world the real truth. What if the real truth is a discipline issue?

How excited would this board get about Pete passing blame and throwing players under the bus/airing team laundry that gets picked up by the media and hounds this team all year and even into next year. I mean, no way that would happen right?

Or maybe, he was once again enamored with one of his "unique" toys and couldn't resist the urge to play with it before he got the batteries fully charged up. No matter how much we demand TRUTH, he either learned something from this or did not. I don't need him to admit to doing stupid things to feel better about a now unalterable event.

Do we feel that if he publicly admonishes himself he will never do it again? I suppose that's possible...

I suspect, though, it has more to do with being able to firmly label and assign blame to this thing that has caused us much consternation since helplessly watching it unfold. The reasons for which are scattered everywhere like leaves in Fall. If Pete would just fess up, we could demand he rake those leaves into a nice neat pile, stuff them in a trash bag, and march his ass to the corner for pick up. My bet is there is a hole in the bag and a few leaves are gonna escape.