Earl skips practice for unknown reason

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Obviously he conceived the baby at a specific time 9 months ago so he wouldn't have to play against the Cowboys

:stirthepot:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess we shall all find out soon enough if this is much ado, or fire to the smoke.

xray

Reaction score
Rumor has it that he was having his Troy Aikman tatoo touched up. :irishdrinkers:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pl85rns said:
Cyrus12":3pl85rns said:
Doesnt wanna play against his pals....hes a selfish prick is what he is..

This is a terrible post

Yes it is but no respect after what he did last year...apologize if it is offensive to you but the guy doesnt wanna be here so I dont want him here either...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3lcdgjyt said:
Uncle Si":3lcdgjyt said:
Cyrus12":3lcdgjyt said:

This is a terrible post

Yes it is but no respect after what he did last year...apologize if it is offensive to you but the guy doesnt wanna be here so I dont want him here either...

Im Not offended.

Just think your post is drastic considering the unknown.

Understand your sentiments on not wanting him here if he doesn't want to be here

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The weird part about this is he didn't miss practice, he was there, and just didn't practice.

If it's related to him having a kid or some family situation why is he there?
If he's injured he's not on the injury report and Carroll said he wasn't injured, so this would come with a fine from the NFL.
If he was getting a veteran day off why not just say that instead of some weird vague thing about a personal situation.

What's a personal situation that allows someone to be at practice but not to practice?

An impending trade (or what they were hoping was an impending trade) is the only explanation that makes any sense, but that's faaaaarrr from a lock.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":p116v8j6 said:
Earl's made it clear he wants an extension or trade to somewhere willing to give him one. He has zero incentive to do anything other than bare minimum as things stand. So as they stand, and as this is a rebuilding year, give Earl what he's requested. He's earned it.

That’s false. Why would a team give a top dollar safety contract to a 30 year old player who did the bare minimum?

You really think a team will give him a huge contract(which is what he wants) when he decides when he wants to play hard or not?

Also, through 2 weeks, ET is PFFs highest rated safety.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Play out your contract.. Yeah the one you agreed to and signed.. quit being a prima dona.. I get sick of these players agreeing to and signing a contract and later on think they can change the terms of it.. He was happy as a pig in shit when he signed it .. now he is just a pig in shit making waves... unless of course something actually happened to his family then there may be a reason which is acceptable.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawker76":zv1flm1n said:
A 2nd in 19' & a 3rd in 20'...?
Jerry had better take it if he wants a shot at a SB before he dies.

Even with Earl the ‘Boys won’t win a SB until they get a real QB.

rcaido

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ev3kvg85 said:
The weird part about this is he didn't miss practice, he was there, and just didn't practice.

If he's injured he's not on the injury report and Carroll said he wasn't injured, so this would come with a fine from the NFL.
If he was getting a veteran day off why not just say that instead of some weird vague thing about a personal situation.

What's a personal situation that allows someone to be at practice but not to practice?

An impending trade (or what they were hoping was an impending trade) is the only explanation that makes any sense, but that's faaaaarrr from a lock.

The same question can be said, why would a person being traded be at team practice, especially if we are going to be playing that team this Sunday.

Maybe just maybe he's there but ready to go if the wife is expecting or maybe there were some complications....This is getting very tiresome of all people our fans turning on our players and coaches. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves. Why not just wait until Sunday, if he is traded or doesn't suit and play then start bitching...

mrt144

Reaction score
rcaido":fxd8tp26 said:
Popeyejones":fxd8tp26 said:

The same question can be said, why would a person being traded be at team practice, especially if we are going to be playing that team this Sunday.

Maybe just maybe he's there but ready to go if the wife is expecting or maybe there were some complications....This is getting very tiresome of all people our fans turning on our players and coaches. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves. Why not just wait until Sunday, if he is traded or doesn't suit and play then start bitching...

Patience? In Football? No way man, no way!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
He didnt practice Wednesday or Friday for "personal reasons". The speculation that it has anything to do with his wife's pregnancy is ridiculous. He was at the facility! IMO, he didnt practice because he sees where this season is going and doesnt want to risk injury. I dont think hes getting traded but I wish he would!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Earl is going to play this Sunday. You can guarantee that.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tunvz3a said:
Cyrus12":2tunvz3a said:

This is a terrible post

I do not get this "selfish" crap at all. He held out of pre season, big deal. What he wants is not unreasonable. He wants a long term deal at or around the highest paid safety price, which he is the best in the business. He has said he hasn't missed a game due to personal reasons yet, and has no plan to now. Two teammates have said he is going to play. A whole thread of pure speculation.....

Seahawker

Reaction score
"A whole thread of pure speculation."

Since the 'Here's what's going on" letter I think we all knew this was going to be a bumpy ride.
All the variables we know, Cowboys, wen/fri at facility but did not practice. Pete says something like, he's got some personal issues and we're going to try to work on that for him... not a quote but something to that effect.
What if the Cowboys called early in the week to find out if JSPC were ready to take a 2nd for ET and JS holds to his original stance & pushes for an extra pick (4th, whatever). At that point Dallas reminds JS that they are only prepared
to pay a bit more than the contract #29 is currently on, no 13m per. At that point it all breaks back into limbo, ET's agent
informs him of the current status, Earl melts down in the face of rejection & fear of injury. Hard to imagine that this deal might not being done possibly because of a couple mil per year and a conditional 5th round pick. Maybe there are other players in the game, maybe ET should get his head in the game. He is destroying his own value.

I tend to think they had a baby shower and the gifts were all blue & green onesies, a little Seahawk blanket for the crib
and probably a couple #29 baby Seahawk jersey's. No Cowboy stuff, none. It was just too, too much for Earl and he had
to take a break. I wish Earl was traded to the Cowboys, I wish Russ had better protection, I wish the injuries would stop.
This is my "Here's whats going on even though it's just pure speculation" letter.

PS. I wish I didn't have to show up to work every single day and work my butt off to make in ten years what guys like ET make in one or two games.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
A lot of you all act as if Earl slept with your spouse. Even more though act like the actual said spouse who slept with Earl and are upset he went back to his wife and kids.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":lzdrt5t0 said:
A lot of you all act as if Earl slept with your spouse. Even more though act like the actual said spouse who slept with Earl and are upset he went back to his wife and kids.

Yeee I don't get the anger towards athletes in general when they do stuff. It's like getting mad at the Jersey Shore people for being ratchet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1kdtq2wq said:
Bingo!

Seahawker

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2ywfc1mr said:

Uh, no.
A lot of you act like it's OK if Earl is sleeping with their wife as long as he gets every dollar he so rightfully deserves.
Because they bought his jersey & he is a once in a generation future HOFer. If he gets tired or miffed, won't practice, that's OK, he's special. It's called a contract and you honor it. Have some pride & respect for your team mates, the organization & the fan's. Don't go off the rails because your big payday was interrupted by poor timing & circumstances.

Also some posts just might be written with a degree of humor and sarcasm and not with life or death concern or seriousness. Sometimes I imagine a scarecrow in a field wearing a Seahawk jersey stuffed with straw. The crow on his shoulder caw, caws as his lifeless eyes try to look down at his smartphone held in his worn out cotton gloved hand.