Remember this old timers?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Krieg ducking out of what would have been the 8th sack by Derrick Thomas to throw the winning TD, snapping I believe an 8-game road losing streak at Arrowhead to the Chiefs. My head almost hit the ceiling when I jumped out of my seat! :D My Boy, Paul Skansi!

[youtube]pUSFq5OatdI[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the classic moments in Seahawks history. RIP to the late great Derrick Thomas.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Obviously held the ball too long. Should've traded him. :sarcasm_off:

I never had a chance to watch him play as the Hawks were not on TV much in Baltimore. I had to settle for highlights on the local news whenever possible. That game was on the highlights. Epic.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember it clearly. Was a great Seahawks moment. Wins in KC were far and few between.

Decimation

Reaction score
I wasn’t a Seahawks fan until the year we went to our first super bowl. I was 10 years old and loved the sport since then.

What a great year to become a hawks fan! Except 40 obviously took a toll on us fans. I remember thinking we would make the super bowl every year. Good times.

Go Hawks!

xray

Reaction score
LOL Another Krieg moment. My opinion ..the most entertaining Hawk QB we ever had. And lets not forget Warren Moon.WOW that was a bad ass QB . Kenny Easley invented "unnecessary roughness '.And last but always the worst draft pick in Hawks history BRIAN BOSWORTH a name that will go down in Seahawks .. And some of my favorites were JOHN ELWAY sacks by the Hawks .That was a big rivalry back then. The Raiders -Chiefs-Chargers-Broncos-Seahawks---that was was a gr8 time to be a fan. :irishdrinkers:

xray

Reaction score
STEVE LARGENT>>>what can I say.......GOAT for the Hawks all time. LOL a little short slow white guy turns DB's inside out. :irishdrinkers:

RampagingMice

Reaction score
BlueThunder":v7iq7g2n said:
Krieg ducking out of what would have been the 8th sack by Derrick Thomas to throw the winning TD, snapping I believe an 8-game losing streak to the Chiefs. My head almost hit the ceiling when I jumped out of my seat! :D My Boy, Paul Skansi!

[youtube]pUSFq5OatdI[/youtube]

One of the greatest endings to a game in Seahawks history. From being deflated so elated in a microseconds passing.

Saw #65 whiff on the second sack and immediately thought "damn you, Ifedi!", but he didn't even exist for another few years.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Certain plays stand out like the Efren Herrera trick plays. In 1978 Herrera underwent appendectomy surgery following the 15th game of the season, then came back the next week against the Chief's to make a 31 yard FG and 2 of 3 extra points.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Seahawker76":i0xgrhuk said:
Certain plays stand out like the Efren Herrera trick plays. In 1978 Herrera underwent appendectomy surgery following the 15th game of the season, then came back the next week against the Chief's to make a 31 yard FG and 2 of 3 extra points.

Maybe Blair Walsh has appendicitis.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I remember that great win vividly. Krieg was often very clutch in 2 min drills and showed some serious tenacity that day. Helluva pass there.

For you young folk out there, we went 21 freaking years without a playoff win and rare playoff appearances so just memorable wins like this still stand out all these years later.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Was the game/play that brought me from casual fan to diehard.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hell yes I remember this. Derrick Thomas was a monster. Be well, Derrick. It wasn't just the sacks with Mudbone, but the ugly, un-forced fumbles. People said he had tiny hands, but I heard a game where Joe Namath was doing the color and he said they compared hand sizes before the game and they were the same. That play is one of the great moments in Seattle sports. God we had a brutal division, with Elway's Denver and that ass-ripping KC team with their running game and D.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably my favorite game ever. Definitely my favorite play ever.

But think about this, seemed like Krieg was under siege all game long. We see a game like that with that many sacks and it's . . . well, just another Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll never forget that game and moment. When Skansi caught that I jumped on the couch and knocked the whole thing back, rolled on the floor and screamed. The late D. Thomas was insane in that game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
xray":2g7d0owv said:
LOL Another Krieg moment. My opinion ..the most entertaining Hawk QB we ever had. And lets not forget Warren Moon.WOW that was a bad ass QB . Kenny Easley invented "unnecessary roughness '.And last but always the worst draft pick in Hawks history BRIAN BOSWORTH a name that will go down in Seahawks .. And some of my favorites were JOHN ELWAY sacks by the Hawks .That was a big rivalry back then. The Raiders -Chiefs-Chargers-Broncos-Seahawks---that was was a gr8 time to be a fan. :irishdrinkers:

Loved that game. Skansi took a big hit and still held on. How ironic that Krieg first shaking off Derrick Thomas to avoid giving him sack #8 was the key to the play.

Bosworth Hater.... Do you recall when Bosworth was the NFL Defensive Player of the Week in a road win vs. the Bears?
His body couldn't stand up to the NFL pounding was the issue. Specifically his shoulder IIRC.
The surgeons and tech for fixing that stuff wasn't as good as it is now.
To me dogging a guy like Bosworth is about the same as dogging a guy like Sidney Rice. Granted, Rice got a few more NFL years out of his body but it ultimately failed him despite the best surgeons Europe had to offer.

Another Dave Krieg game that is one of my favorites was a road win over San Diego where Krieg outdueled Dan Fouts and Air Coryell after going down 10-0 in the first quarter.

And who can ever forget the Hawks playoff win in Miami... Krieg plays well, then gives Miami a gift turnover that turns into the go-ahead TD for Miami... only to then hit Largent for 40 yards on the next drive and have rookie Curt Warner run it in for the winning score on the next play.