What was Doug so peeved at

vin.couve12

Reaction score
My take is that it wasn't directed at the guy. I saw him say "It's @#$+% stupid. Why would you do that?"

I literally think this happened when they gave a series to Penny. Doug is a fan of Carson. Flat out said he's a beast and is going to be great.

He was basically venting is all. Nothing you need to mine for to gripe about.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of interest is the O wasn't doing much until his sideline rant, but after they started moving the ball. that coincided with them running the ball enough to make bootlegs and play action effective for RW,

i doubt it (the rant) signifies much of anything other than Baldwin could see what they were doing up until then wasn't working.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was hoping that ADB was peeved at Brandon Marshall dropping passes. He was a drive killer and Wilson kept going to him. After that 1st half Marshall had, I was ready to nickname him B-Drop.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3vq84gty said:
He doesn't have many of those these days, and he clearly got over it. I love his passion and he's a ridiculous player, they are missing him big time.

I didn't take it as Baldwin yelling AT the other dude, to me it looked like Baldwin VENTING TO the other dude.

I love ADB's passion for the game and dedication to his craft and to his team. I have no idea what the rant was about, nobody seems to yet, but I'm sure he was on target with what he was saying, and at least Baldwin is an OFFENSIVE player, unlike Sherman's tantrums about stuff that was not his business. I wouldn't be surprised if the other guy acknowledged Doug's points and suggested he bring them up in team and position group meetings during the week.
I suspect the outcome was that Doug decided the what, who, and when of the non-public conversations he wanted to have, to positively influence those who could do something about his concerns. I hope Baldwin goes into coaching when his playing days are done, and that it's with the Seahawks.

The Breh

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":17nicden said:
pittpnthrs":17nicden said:
seabowl":17nicden said:
I don't care what it was about you just don't do that as a professional. IMO he was trying to garner attention and knew people would see his tirade. Hey Doug, take a look at where Bennett, Sherm, and soon to be Earl are or going to be. You play for the team, you don't coach the team, so act like it.

This. Baldwins act isnt cute or funny. Its embarrassing. He will be the next big piece of drama the team will need to take care of after the Earl situation.

:pukeface:
Thank you for reminding me there's a :pukeface: smiley.
If I had it my way, I'd have a Doug after his Randy influenced celebration smiley right above those 2 posts :les:

rcaido

Reaction score
Obviously Doug found out who has been stealing food in the communal fridge.

cheese22

Reaction score
First of all, let's not give his rant any credit for the teams turnaround. None of them heard it or maybe even saw it from afar. So it didn't light any fires.
Second, and not to make a bigger deal out of it than it was, but these displays by players are getting old. What happened to keeping it in the locker room? He wasn't talking to Pete or the OC so what was the point? You're mad, fine. But when did it become beneficial to a team to have a player throw a fit on the sideline in the middle of a game to someone who has nothing to do with play calling or making in game adjustments? The players that come to mind might be good, but they aren't the types of guys that lead their teams to SB wins, ie OBJ, TO, etc.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Apparently a few here have never been fired up about anything, but it's a thing that some people do when they are passionate. Baldwin has plenty of emotions to vent this year. He hasn't taken a snap yet and at the time of this "incident" the offense had been playing poorly. Yet more fake drama, which is crazy when we are currently in the middle of huge real drama with Earl.

seabowl

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":321lbg73 said:
pittpnthrs":321lbg73 said:
seabowl":321lbg73 said:
I don't care what it was about you just don't do that as a professional. IMO he was trying to garner attention and knew people would see his tirade. Hey Doug, take a look at where Bennett, Sherm, and soon to be Earl are or going to be. You play for the team, you don't coach the team, so act like it.

This. Baldwins act isnt cute or funny. Its embarrassing. He will be the next big piece of drama the team will need to take care of after the Earl situation.

:pukeface:

As someone that has been leading teams for 2 decades I can flat out tell you that Doug's behavior yesterday, was and is bad for the team. In no way should a player throw a tirade on the sidelines especially yelling at someone In a management, executive, or coaching role. What if you are Penny, Shaqueem, or any other young player on the team and witness this? You would think at some point it's ok for you to do it as well. Pete and John are trying to stop the bleeding with this kind of behavior hence why the negative vocal players are one by one being shown the door. I, like most good managers would never stand for this and neither should the Hawks brass. There is a time and especially a place for airing grievances with management, and the sidrline during the game is NOT one of them.

cheese22

Reaction score
DB's rant had absolutely zero affect on the team and the game. How could having DB throw a tantrum at someone completely inconsequential to the game, especially when it appears no one else saw or heard it, motivate the team to win? Leave that crap for OBJ and TO and be there to support your teammates. You upset with the play calling? No problem. Take it up at the half or after the game with the OC or Pete.
If Earl's actions are an extension of his trade demands then the FO better do something about it. What do you think happens every other time a guy wants out or causes a distraction because they are unhappy?
For the long term success of this team, the FO can't allow players to act like this whenever they don't like something. And please don't say that they have earned that right or it's okay as long as they play well. It's not! Look at teams that have been contenders year in and year out and it's obvious that creating a winning culture based on the good of the team is FAR AND AWAY more important than being led by players who undermine the coaches or skip practice when it fits their personal agenda. When actions like these become common, it's just a matter of time before everything that's been built comes tumbling down.
A lot of factors play into having a successful, winning franchise and none of the things Earl or DB did recently will contribute to future success.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seabowl":3o1mevfp said:
As someone that has been leading teams for 2 decades I can flat out tell you that Doug's behavior yesterday, was and is bad for the team. In no way should a player throw a tirade on the sidelines especially yelling at someone In a management, executive, or coaching role. What if you are Penny, Shaqueem, or any other young player on the team and witness this? You would think at some point it's ok for you to do it as well. Pete and John are trying to stop the bleeding with this kind of behavior hence why the negative vocal players are one by one being shown the door. I, like most good managers would never stand for this and neither should the Hawks brass. There is a time and especially a place for airing grievances with management, and the sidrline during the game is NOT one of them.
Unless you've been coaching NFL teams, I think every coaching level beneath that is considerably different.

seabowl

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3lam0bla said:
seabowl":3lam0bla said:
Unless you've been coaching NFL teams, I think every coaching level beneath that is considerably different.

Common misconception. People are people and the profession does not matter. Accept behavior like that and employees take notice and then you have more and more acting the same way. See the last 3 years for example. Sherm, Lynch (finger), Doug, etc... As time went on more and more were acting out. Again no matter the profession if you accept it then it will spread. If you don't the message will be received and it will come to a stop. The key is you cannot allow it from the very start. Hate to state it like this but it's management 101.

sc85sis

Reaction score
cheese22":152thb30 said:
DB's rant had absolutely zero affect on the team and the game. How could having DB throw a tantrum at someone completely inconsequential to the game, especially when it appears no one else saw or heard it, motivate the team to win? Leave that crap for OBJ and TO and be there to support your teammates. You upset with the play calling? No problem. Take it up at the half or after the game with the OC or Pete.
If Earl's actions are an extension of his trade demands then the FO better do something about it. What do you think happens every other time a guy wants out or causes a distraction because they are unhappy?
For the long term success of this team, the FO can't allow players to act like this whenever they don't like something. And please don't say that they have earned that right or it's okay as long as they play well. It's not! Look at teams that have been contenders year in and year out and it's obvious that creating a winning culture based on the good of the team is FAR AND AWAY more important than being led by players who undermine the coaches or skip practice when it fits their personal agenda. When actions like these become common, it's just a matter of time before everything that's been built comes tumbling down.
A lot of factors play into having a successful, winning franchise and none of the things Earl or DB did recently will contribute to future success.
We don’t even know what Doug was saying. He could have been complaining about officiating. They could have been disagreeing about their favorite movie, song or food.

Let’s try to avoid jumping to conclusions.

cheese22

Reaction score
We don’t even know what Doug was saying. He could have been complaining about officiating. They could have been disagreeing about their favorite movie, song or food.

Let’s try to avoid jumping to conclusions.[/quote]

That is my point. Anyone saying that things changed after that incident are giving DB credit where no credit is due.

olyfan63

Reaction score
seabowl":1woeps7i said:
Again no matter the profession if you accept it then it will spread. If you don't the message will be received and it will come to a stop. The key is you cannot allow it from the very start. Hate to state it like this but it's management 101.

Hate to state it like this, but you are as clueless as the rest of us about what Baldwin's tirade was about.
Also, none of us knows what happened after that, between Baldwin and other relevant parties. Operating off accurate information where people and personnel is concerned is management 101. What exactly would you propose to do about it?

If audio of Baldwin's tirade surfaces, I'm hoping it would be good enough to rank up there with the tirades of the great Jim Mora. "Playoffs??!!" Oh yes, and Sherman and Lynch are plying their trade elsewhere.

Breaking: Confirmed by Baldwin Twitter post: "I was practicing for a skit at the team Halloween party. I'm going as Dennis Green for the first hour and changing into my Jim Mora costume for the second hour. You saw me practicing my They-are-who-we-thought-they-were routine. Wait 'til you hear my "Playoffs" rant! Pete and Russ are helping prepare me for transition to coaching when I hang up my cleats. The separation is in the preparation.</FakeNews>

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Maybe the guy Doug was yelling at borrowed his Escalade or Bimmer and brought it back with the passenger side mirror missing and didn't tell Doug about it?

Or not.

Now that I know who the guy was and what he does for the Hawks, it is a 100% no big deal to me, it was more than likely a simple difference of opinion and Doug being Doug on gameday was pretty wound up, especially not being able to play, and just needed to vent somewhat.

It ended with what appeared to be a very mutual, everything's good Brother, fist bump.

Life is good in Hawkland and we will run the table.

Have a good night.

GO HAWKS!!!