Ya got to fall in love with the process - not the outcome

Jville

Reaction score
Ya got to fall in love with the process - not the outcome.

That sentiment from Russell Wilson has been reflected thus far in the evolution of his play thru out the annual September process.

Here is one isolated stat on "time to throw" that reflects the progress of one such September process ........

Week 1 ranked #29 at 3.00 seconds to throw
Week 2 ranked #16 at 2.64 seconds to throw
Week 3 ranked #08 at 2.58 seconds to throw

Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2018/3[/urltargetblank]

I smile at the thought of how helpful that trend became for his blocking protection. And, I think about all those other team mates progressing thru their September process. Love the process and the direction this 2018 Seahawks progression is headed in. It's coming together.

Big two thumbs up :2thumbs: "I'M IN"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed! I think the first two games was simply getting going. Learning each other, getting into rhythm. This team is nowhere near as bad as some of the DD's thought. I see a lot of scrappy, talented, young players on this team gelling. It's still going to take time and we may or may not make the post season but progress is what I want to see this season more than anything. Keep progressing and all is well again in Seahawks Nation.

Oh, and trade Wilson. He's terrible. <wink>

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":1vjpsrbi said:

That sentiment from Russell Wilson has been reflected thus far in the evolution of his play thru out the annual September process.

Here is one isolated stat on "time to throw" that reflects the progress of one such September process ........

Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2018/3[/urltargetblank]

I smile at the thought of how helpful that trend became for his blocking protection. And, I think about all those other team mates progressing thru their September process. Love the process and the direction this 2018 Seahawks progression is headed in. It's coming together.

Great stat, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":2r29nf9l said:

Sir, Would you mind putting up the stat of the rankings above him in week 3? I tried to access the site and it was a pain. Thanks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the NFL, you have to love the process and wins, or you're out of a job pretty quick.

But I get what you're saying, process and game to game development and improvement is what's important..........especially for a team like the Hawks that's in the middle of a rebuild where we're trying to get back to what we had with the next group of young players.

Both sides of the ball looked much more sound and consistent Sunday, let's hope to see that continue down in Arizona.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Why is it that the Seattle process, regardless of team makeup, be it guys who have played together (last couple of years) or that haven't (this year), is to start off slow? Considering the turnover in personnel, the only common denominator in this equation is the coaching.

Just like too much might have been made about the loss to Denver in Denver, Too many are hanging their hat on a win against a BAD Cowboy team. An unbiased, critical analysis of the 2018 Seattle talent level, combined with what has been middle of the road coaching, adds up to a season where losses will out number wins. Although the QB situation in SF has likely added two wins to our total.

A step back isn't the worst thing in the world if a couple of years from now these players develop and we are competing for a championship. My worry is that we have drafted so poorly that the road back is far longer than 2 to 3 years. I don't love a process where none of your rounds 1-3 draft picks are difference makers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":ikyi194d said:
Why is it that the Seattle process, regardless of team makeup, be it guys who have played together (last couple of years) or that haven't (this year), is to start off slow? Considering the turnover in personnel, the only common denominator in this equation is the coaching..

Damn good question, and one Pete and his offensive coaches have been asking since day 1..........and obviously haven't figured it out yet.

I used to think it was because Pete told Russell and the coordinators to play cautious, protect the ball and trust the defense to keep the game close.

Now I think it's more Russell related. He's not your typical robotic Brady/Manning type of QB that can just walk out of the tunnel and just throw dimes from the first series marching down the field. He's a rhythm/tempo/confidence building type of QB that needs a quarter or more to get into rhythm and get that confidence to make the necessary tight window throws to convert on 3rd downs and keep the chains moving.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ppuc04k said:
HawkerD":2ppuc04k said:
Why is it that the Seattle process, regardless of team makeup, be it guys who have played together (last couple of years) or that haven't (this year), is to start off slow? Considering the turnover in personnel, the only common denominator in this equation is the coaching..

Damn good question, and one Pete and his offensive coaches have been asking since day 1..........and obviously haven't figured it out yet.

I used to think it was because Pete told Russell and the coordinators to play cautious, protect the ball and trust the defense to keep the game close.

Now I think it's more Russell related. He's not your typical robotic Brady/Manning type of QB that can just walk out of the tunnel and just throw dimes from the first series marching down the field. He's a rhythm/tempo/confidence building type of QB that needs a quarter or more to get into rhythm and get that confidence to make the necessary tight window throws to convert on 3rd downs and keep the chains moving.

you may be on to something.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkerD":17w4ysx2 said:
Why is it that the Seattle process, regardless of team makeup, be it guys who have played together (last couple of years) or that haven't (this year), is to start off slow? Considering the turnover in personnel, the only common denominator in this equation is the coaching.

Just like too much might have been made about the loss to Denver in Denver, Too many are hanging their hat on a win against a BAD Cowboy team. An unbiased, critical analysis of the 2018 Seattle talent level, combined with what has been middle of the road coaching, adds up to a season where losses will out number wins. Although the QB situation in SF has likely added two wins to our total.

A step back isn't the worst thing in the world if a couple of years from now these players develop and we are competing for a championship. My worry is that we have drafted so poorly that the road back is far longer than 2 to 3 years. I don't love a process where none of your rounds 1-3 draft picks are difference makers.

Could be the hack they got a couple years ago practicing too hard. Now they cant practice too hard so as to not risk a fine or draft picks. Just a theory.

And yes they are always playing catch up after the preseason. It is almost as tho they need to find their way back to the ball field after a hard night out.

One more thing, is the fact that they are always integrating a new player or few players into the mix so they are prepared for the next man up syndrome. I know this is to help make them prepare for the worst should it happen. It is a great concept and could be used in blow out games. But now a days for excitement purposes and keeping the fans entertained, they are not subbing in personnel as they are always keeping the game close.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3re19h5a said:
Jville":3re19h5a said:

Sir, Would you mind putting up the stat of the rankings above him in week 3? I tried to access the site and it was a pain. Thanks.

This requests reminds me of the fisherman story. You know, the one about the trade off between teaching someone to fish and giving someone a fish. Fishing the information from that site is easy. Simply click on the above link. Then click on the "TT" column (third column from left) which stands for time to throw. And there you have a ranking of quarterback average time to throw for week 3.

But remember those 'time to throw' stats are isolated outcome averages. The usefulness of isolated outcomes is very limited. I only referenced them to reflect Wilson's love for the process and progress made. What isn't provided is the tracking of of other variables such as movements of improvisation and field reversal. Logged outcomes are incomplete in scope.

It's the process most miss and neglect to gain insight into - not the stats or outcomes which are spoon fed. The pursuit of an understanding of the process is the vehicle for insight. A pursuit so very helpful in avoiding slippage into traps of dependence on the crutch of guessing and blaming ..... which provides no insight, teaches nothing and is so unfulfilling.

Go with Russell's advice. Fall in love with the process.

P.S. Out of respect for your request, I'll PM you the answer to your question with the expectation that you have already landed your information.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":1fs9syn5 said:
Seahawkfan80":1fs9syn5 said:
Jville":1fs9syn5 said:

This requests reminds me of the fisherman story. You know, the one about the trade off between teaching someone to fish and giving someone a fish. Fishing the information from that site is easy. Simply click on the above link. Then click on the "TT" column (third column from left) which stands for time to throw. And there you have a ranking of quarterback average time to throw for week 3.

But remember those 'time to throw' stats are isolated outcome averages. The usefulness of isolated outcomes is very limited. I only referenced them to reflect Wilson's love for the process and progress made. What isn't provided is the tracking of of other variables such as movements of improvisation and field reversal. Logged outcomes are incomplete in scope.

It's the process most miss and neglect to gain insight into - not the stats or outcomes which are spoon fed. The pursuit of an understanding of the process is the vehicle for insight. A pursuit so very helpful in avoiding slippage into traps of dependence on the crutch of guessing and blaming ..... which provides no insight, teaches nothing and is so unfulfilling.

Go with Russell's advice. Fall in love with the process.

P.S. Out of respect for your request, I'll PM you the answer to your question with the expectation that you have already landed your information.

Sorry sir. I do understand about the fishing story. I had issues loading the site...period. It did not want to load at all. Therefore I asked for the information. I appreciate the information. A lot of sites ask if they can deposit cookies so they can spam your emails and all other forms of intellectual gathering sites. I do not do clickbait sites as it is useless to me and wastes my valuable time. I waited about a minute for the site to load and it did not. I wont wait that long unless it is something EXTREMELY important to me. I may sound ticked off...but I am not at you or the site. I am at my idiot naybor. I am starting to hate him too. He is wasting my time too...A LOT oF it. Have a great day. Keep posting...you are one of the good ones.