Rosen will get the Seahawks in his first career start.

xray

Reaction score
During the draft Rosen was pissed because he thought himself a top five pick. Arrogant kid with a big arm.He might be good someday but not this Sunday. :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xray":9iu4laok said:
During the draft Rosen was pissed because he thought himself a top five pick. Arrogant kid with a big arm.He might be good someday but not this Sunday. :irishdrinkers:

Will be interesting to see if his arrogance plays into his playstyle. If it gets him holding on for the big passes behind a poor OL with the Second Legion of Boom back there and our front seven rushing the passer, he's gonna be in for a great humbling. Take the checkdowns, rookie.

Seymour

Reaction score
What ever you do (Dline). Do not fall on him with all your weight!!

Maybe have a 2nd would be tackler put a pillow down before he hits the turf to save the 15 yard penalty?? :roll:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tale of two teams. If the Seahawks team that showed up this past Sunday shows up against Rosen then they can surely be successful. If the Seahawks team that showed up against Mitch T and the Bears shows up, then it may be a long afternoon.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":306hro5i said:
Tale of two teams. If the Seahawks team that showed up this past Sunday shows up against Rosen then they can surely be successful. If the Seahawks team that showed up against Mitch T and the Bears shows up, then it may be a long afternoon.

we are a young and rebuilding team, so two steps forward one step back. That said, I would be disappoint if we don't win.

Fade

Reaction score
JimmyG":3dtkire5 said:
The Rams have a +66 point differential, which is by far the best in the NFL. I don't know why you're still trotting out lazy, hackneyed crap like "lol paper champs" when they are pretty much unanimously considered the best team in the league right now. Get some new material, good grief.

The teams the Rams have beaten are a combined 1-8. Jared Goff's numbers look great, but McVay is making him look better than he is. (I'm jelly of this, I wish Wilson had McVay.)

The Rams injuries are starting to pile up. THU Night games are brutal. Seahawks lost the division last year on THU Night. Sherm & Kam both got severely injured.

The Rams look good now, but it will be irrelevant if they go limping into the Playoffs.

Goff is your QB. Make it to a Superbowl, then talk.

The Seahawks will handle Rosen fine. I am more worried about Pete getting comfortable and lazy rolling out the same gameplan on offense, allowing AZ to hangaround and make a game of it.

Wilson > > > Rosen. "Pete" ball factor could turn this into a coin flip type of game in the 4th qtr.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Fade":1vii5th1 said:
JimmyG":1vii5th1 said:
The Rams have a +66 point differential, which is by far the best in the NFL. I don't know why you're still trotting out lazy, hackneyed crap like "lol paper champs" when they are pretty much unanimously considered the best team in the league right now. Get some new material, good grief.

The teams the Rams have beaten are a combined 1-8. Jared Goff's numbers look great, but McVay is making him look better than he is. (I'm jelly of this, I wish Wilson had McVay.)

The Rams injuries are starting to pile up. THU Night games are brutal. Seahawks lost the division last year on THU Night. Sherm & Kam both got severely injured.

The Rams look good now, but it will be irrelevant if they go limping into the Playoffs.

The Seahawks will handle Rosen fine. I am more worried about Pete getting comfortable and lazy rolling out the same gameplan on offense, allowing AZ to hangaround and make a game of it.

Wilson > > > Rosen. "Pete" ball factor could turn this into a coin flip type of game in the 4th qtr.
I don't understand.

Our game plan against the Cowboys was just what we're supposed to do. We played stout defense and ran the ball well, which controlled the clock, slowed the pass rush, and opened up pass plays over the top of the defense such as the one to Lockette. It's exactly what we're supposed to be doing, and it works.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I dunno folks. The Cardinals have been a really bad team so far, but that's why Bradford is getting benched. With Rosen the Cards are more of an unknown commodity and we're still looking for that first road win. Road games against NFC West rivals typically haven't been easy, although we do have that weird thing with the Cards where we win in their place and then they win at our place.

Vegas has us as 3 point favorites and that seems fair.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Wouldn't get to cocky, remember the pounding the Vikings got from the Bills.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rosen struggled against pressure in college. Very important to stop the run and stay after him.

Fade

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":yltl8hxw said:
Fade":yltl8hxw said:
JimmyG":yltl8hxw said:

I don't understand.

Our "Their" game plan against the Cowboys was just what we're "they were" supposed to do. We "The Seahawks" played stout defense "against a struggling offense at home" and ran the ball well "decently", which controlled the clock, slowed the pass rush, "Then went hurry up in key moments" and opened up pass plays over the top of the defense such as the one to Lockette. It's exactly what we're supposed to be doing, "Russell needs to be doing" and it works.

There is a reason the antiquated brand of Offense Pete is playing has gone away. You go long stretches of games without scoring points. It's not 1978, it's not even 2008, it's 2018.

It worked last week, It may work again this week, but that doesn't mean it's going to work consistently against good teams in particular. You need a GOAT defense to win a championship playing that style which it was in the past and why it worked in the past.

I will say I was very happy to see Wilson get to do more at the LoS, and go hurry up in spurts. (That is where Russell did most of his damage.) Until they do it consistently, I am going with the offense remaining inconsistent. They should pull it out this week against a rookie QB, but my confidence meter is not pointing towards full after just 1 win.

I don't trust a fan's analysis who uses "we" a lot. They are usually too emotionally invested. Cheers.

Seahawks 17
Cardinals 16

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
toffee":3omu7b6w said:
Hello Rosen, our young friend
We’ve come to sack your ass again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while You are fumbling.
And the vision that was planted in your brain
Still remains
Within the sound of sacks.

Best
Seahawks D-line, LBs, safeties, and CBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niiice. I like it!

olyfan63

Reaction score
toffee":27f5wdjz said:
Best
Seahawks D-line, LBs, safeties, and CBs.
...Butchered further below...

Brilliant, but needed one more syllable to truly match up with the tune.
While I was at it I took indecent liberties with the rest too.

Hello Rosen, our young friend
We’ve come to sack your ass again
Once more McDougald softly creeping
Picked your throw, left you weeping
And the concussion smashed into your brain
Still remains
With the sound of STRIP sacks.

With apologies to Mr. Simon and Mr. Garfunkel.
For a kinder, gentler version, substitute "headache" for "concussion". And decorate with fluffy bunnies and rainbows.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1fwukac5 said:
Rosen struggled against pressure in college. Very important to stop the run and stay after him.

I'm not optimistic that we can stay after him. When is the last time this team got consistent pressure on the road and on grass?

original poster

Reaction score
If we can stop their run game, or at least keep it in check, I struggle to see how the Seahawks lose in honesty.

So, naturally, we will get absolutely thumped through the air by a rookie QB!

NINEster

Reaction score
When was the last time the Seahawks lost against the Cardinals in Glendale?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Patriots lost at Detroit last week.

The Vikings lost to the Bills at home last week.

It's more likely than not that the Seahawks win, but it's still a division opponent on the road. And an NFL game. Rosen might go nuts in his first game.

Boycie

Reaction score
JRobinson":1z3tcsvn said:
That would be hilarious and amazing if Rosen came in and diced y’all up. Y’all defense is subpar and your offense is... well...Russel Wilson.

Go climb back under your rock that you came from.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
NINEster":1uf83c87 said:
When was the last time the Seahawks lost against the Cardinals in Glendale?

Wow, when you put it that way, made me think. I think you have to go back to Wilson's first ever NFL game in the 2012 season opener. All wins and the unforgettable 6-6 tie since then.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Don’t like playing rookie QBs - especially ones with some promise. It’s a coin flip as to whether they crumble or go off like a firecracker in the spotlight.