Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Weekly CJ Prosise Drama

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Weekly CJ Prosise Drama
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm
  • Per Pete presser this afternoon.

"He just didn't feel right pre game and we couldn't get him going. We had good options so we went that way."

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: The Weekly CJ Prosise Drama
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:41 pm
  • We need to do something about our running backs, last week Carson gassed, first week Penny altitude sickness and now Prosise not feeling right.

Come on Pete, you have to be a bit more creative.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:56 pm
  • Why is Prosise still on this team? Seriously. This has become an absolute joke.

Hopefully when McKissic comes back later this year we can finally end this training table saga for good.

And now here comes the obligatory 5 posts about how "A real shame- Prosise has so much potential and game changing talent. No use getting rid of him while he's still on his rookie deal. If only he could get healthy he could help us so much." Keep on waiting folks.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 pm
  • Reminds me of Porkchop. This may be worse.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:56 pm
  • OK, I'll take the bait.

What did Prosise play, 0 snaps. I thought I saw him chip Lawrence on one passing play, but apparently I'm mistaken based on the snap counts on FieldGulls, which do not show Prosise getting any snaps. It must have been Carson, 32, that was in that play, not Prosise 22.

OBVIOUSLY, Prosise is still recovering from the ice cream headache a few weeks ago. Don't you read the weekly Prosise unavailability thread??!! Haven't you ever had a brain freeze from a large 7-11 Slurpee? Then you'd know how it feels! To Prosise's credit, he bravely played through this debilitating injury the first two weeks.

In deference to Prosise and to help spur his recovery, Pete cancelled the post-game team trip to Cold Stone Creamery.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Osteo Prorosise (weak bones, etc.) was inactive vs. the Cowboys, so nobody saw him diddly squat. Situation normal, always hurt, rarely available, and even then he doesn't do much. He's a lost cause.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm
  • Actually I'm guessing the Prosise inactive was more about not being needed, with Carson healthy and Penny available. I'm sure Prosise had to be gassed too, from all the reps vs. Denver and especially Chicago 4th quarter.

Gotta love the name creativity... Osteo Porosise, LOL!!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm
  • This is my new "go to" excuse when my wife wants me to do something.

"I just didn't feel right during warm ups honey, consider me done for the day"
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Osteo Prorosise (weak bones, etc.).

Friggin' BRILLIANT !!!

Have CJ and Earl shared a bench to talk about ideas on skippin' practice?
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 pm
  • Break it down.
    I expect Pete would wish to run 35 or 40 run plays per game. 80% or so should go to Chris. 5 or so more run plays should go to Penny. There is not much else to spread around.
    CJ might be held in the shadows.
    and then again, maybe he is a bum.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 pm
  • CJ Prosise and Jordan Hill as Seahawk players who blew up for one game or two games and will live forever off of those moments.

Hill had 5.5 sacks in 5 weeks to close out the 2014 season. If he does not get hurt the Hawks have that middle pass rusher that prevents Brady from stepping up into the pocket SB 49. Hill has not had a sack since week 17 of 2014.

CJ Prosise has a huge Sunday night game and comes back with a huge TD run against the Eagles. With a healthy Prosise, I don't think the 2016 Seahawks offense stalls out as much down the stretch.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:54 pm
  • Seriously, I think Prosise is just fine, and that we heard Pete-speak for "We're gonna ride Carson and spell him with Penny and if that's not Prosise enough for you, I'll throw him under the bus by saying he's hurt."
    Did Prosise actually miss any practices during the week?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:32 am
  • Drama? What is this, click bait? This thread is drama. Practically daytime soap opera...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 am
  • I'm not good with posting links not a computer guy but according to Seahawks .com Prosise was in on 25 snaps the first 2 games and has a groin issue; not available for game 3. Year 3 for this guy and 13 game appearances . They keep him for what reasons? Beats me. He is pulling a Percy Harvin on the Hawks.....He seldom plays but still gets paid. :irishdrinkers:
    xray
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 am
  • When Mckissic gets back I think Prosise will be gone.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:48 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Drama? What is this, click bait? This thread is drama. Practically daytime soap opera...

It's the obligatory .net bitch and moan thread. Gotta find something to wise crack about. :roll:
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:55 am
  • 100% it is mental. He is scared to get hurt and doesn’t want to play. He is gone as soon as McKissick is back.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Drama? What is this, click bait? This thread is drama. Practically daytime soap opera...

It's the obligatory .net bitch and moan thread. Gotta find something to wise crack about. :roll:

I posted what Pete said in his press conference on why Prosise was inactive for week 3 because that was new news. What is ironic is that the bitching is coming from you (bitching about other people bitching is still bitching and moaning), not me. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:23 pm
  • If Carson gets nicked up for a few games, and Penny fails to develop fast enough, OK, Mike Davis or Prosise are the options. Remember when we were celebrating Thomas Rawls as the heir apparent to Lynch after he ripped off that long TD run against the Bengals? Just plug a back into the Seattle system, and BAM! 1,000 yard rusher. Shades of Broncos glory days of Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, and other dudes that ran for 1,000 in their zone-blocking scheme.

Point is we have good NFL-level options for next man up. It would be foolish to toss any of them in the dumpster given our history of keeping RB's healthy.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:14 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:If Carson gets nicked up for a few games, and Penny fails to develop fast enough, OK, Mike Davis or Prosise are the options...
    Point is we have good NFL-level options for next man up. It would be foolish to toss any of them in the dumpster given our history of keeping RB's healthy.

The problem with keeping Prosise is that in 37 possible games (including '16 playoffs), Prosise has played in just 13--only 35%. It's no longer justifiable to waste a roster spot on a guy who has only about 1 in 3 chance of even being available.

McKissic comes back mid-season and should take over that spot. If Carson or the others get hurt, for the last RB spot I would rather find a FA, promote a PS player or use Tre Madden. Whether Prosise has lingering injuries or mental issues or strange luck, despite some ability he showed in '16, we need that roster spot for someone who is available and can contribute.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 am
  • Natethegreat wrote:When Mckissic gets back I think Prosise will be gone.

Why? Why? Why?

Why can't we cut both of these guys? Neither one of them would have made it on any other roster with the health issues they have had. They both have been Flash in the pan type players. Practice studs? It's the Christian Michele scenario all over again. Thought we should have dumped him long before we did as well.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!!!
    SeahawksRawk
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:24 am
  • Because in empty back sets McKissick is a dangerous weapon. Especially when he gets a linebacker out wide on him.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:09 am
  • SeahawksRawk wrote:Why? Why? Why?

Why can't we cut both of these guys? Neither one of them would have made it on any other roster with the health issues they have had. They both have been Flash in the pan type players. Practice studs? It's the Christian Michele scenario all over again. Thought we should have dumped him long before we did as well.

I've been around the NFL long enough to know that when you NFL, you play to win.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:35 am
  • Prosise's latest "injury" is being described as a "core / abdominal" issue (tummy ache).

For those keeping track, this is now the 8th.....yes 8th different injury type since the Seahawks drafted him in 2016 (that has caused missing practice and or games). :shock:

I have no idea when enough is enough, but they're not there yet it would appear.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 pm
  • Sorry Seymour, but it was documented in black and white as an ice cream headache in the Prosise Weekly Unavailability thread. A few weeks ago. Please stick to authoritative sources. Sorry, this P. Carroll you keep quoting on player availability issues is a known unreliable source. Are you now saying, not just the brain freeze, but CJ also got a tummyache from eating too much ice cream? Or did it happen when he bent over to take a lick? Can't trust a damn thing this Prevaricator Carroll guy says on this stuff.
    Instead of trusting P. Carroll, I decided to look here: https://www.seahawks.com/team/injury-report/

Anyway... should be interesting tomorrow to see if CJ is active and gets reps. My bet is inactive for Prosise. Carson is questionable, Prosise is doubtful. Penny is apparently healthy. So maybe we will ride the Pony--er, Penny tomorrow? Here's hoping the 'Hawks nickel and dime the Tards to death on the ground, one Penny at a time.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 am
  • Yahoo just lists him as doubtful (abdominal injury) didn’t practice all week ?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:57 am
  • Evidently the idea of practicing and playing makes him sick to his stomach.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 am
  • Prosise is active today. Carson is scratched. Maybe Prosise injury juju is contagious.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information