Time to pay Frank

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Clarks's new contract will be CRAZY STUPID MASSIVE and it would be MASSIVELY CRAZY STUPID not to give it to him.

GO HAWKS, baby, oh yeah GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcaido

Reaction score
Great player but i wouldn't break the bank for him. I doubt the Seahawks would either, they let Richardson go for 8million. Bennett for a 5th rounder.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rcaido":14bb01pp said:
Great player but i wouldn't break the bank for him. I doubt the Seahawks would either, they let Richardson go for 8million. Bennett for a 5th rounder.
I;m not a big payout believer ..I have never seen where it is a great deal after it happens..

ivotuk

Reaction score
Frank is putting in the work this year, but I've seen disappointing lapses. I'd LOVE for them to extend him, on a results based contract. Pay for Sacks, Tackles, and TFLs with more bonuses for passes defensed. :)

I believe he's got it in him to be great, and I'm also pretty confident that he won't flake out once he gets paid, but I'm a little gunshy about wrapping up too much money in one player. It's bitten us in the butt multiple times.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brady Henderson talks Frank Clark about 3 minutes in

BOB, GROZ AND TOM -- October 15, 2018 - Hour 3

ESPN.com's Brady Henderson joins the show to give his take on the Seahawks and their dominant win in London.

Have they proven they are a playoff team?

Which player has had the biggest impact?

Then, the guys listen to more audio of Pete Carroll and his thoughts on the London experience.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... oz+and+Tom

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":3utzou22 said:
Frank only played 29 of 60 snaps against Oakland. Technically had 3.5 sacks but had one taken away thanks to a defensive holding penalty. He had a thanksgiving day feast on Tom Cables O-line.

And there you have it folks. Just how much do you pay a guy who basically only plays half the defensive snaps?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":1rhbao6b said:
Hawksfan78":1rhbao6b said:

And there you have it folks. Just how much do you pay a guy who basically only plays half the defensive snaps?

There you have what? A guy who got 2.5 sacks while playing sick and getting rested more because of his illness? Very impressive, limited snaps, being ill and 2.5 sacks. How many snaps does he play in a game when he’s healthy?

Fade

Reaction score
He should've already been extended about 4 months ago for around $14-15M APY, Danielle Hunter set his market.

He is gone at the end of the year unless Seattle is willing to pony up $20M APY if Clark stays healthy, an injury would destroy his value of course.

He is 26 and will be the premier UFA pass rusher on the market. He will garner $20M APY easily.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
seedhawk":2ny3mqrk said:
Hawksfan78":2ny3mqrk said:

Seattle always has done this. Aside from Bennett, most of the guys including Avril were rotated in and out on a regular basis.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He was drafted with the hope that he would become what he is now. I don’t get not wanting him now that he has developed into the player you wanted when you drafted him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Frank has the right attitude. He works hard. Team first player. Doesn't needlessly talk. He deserves a raise and an extension. Only hard part is figuring how much for how long.

You can even say the pass rush up the middle is made easier because of Franks outside rush.

Frank has come a long way.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think you have a three week window or so to get something done before it becomes more prudent for him to simply wait and test the market.

xray

Reaction score
He was bound to shine and now he has...he is honoring his contract and not threatening anything...just playing his ass off. Extend him soon please.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Extend Clark, Sweezy, Fluker all over the bye week. It's deserved and would be great for team morale.

I'm glad the team didn't give him the Hunter deal (Vikes), though, like many thought he would/should get. If he signs for 14 mil and then has the season he has, repeats it, eventually you've got another Earl situation where he'll think the team screwed him over by underpaying him. This way, you make him ball out and prove his worth, he gets his fairest contract, and everyone's happy.

We HAVE TO keep Frank, though. We literally have no edge rushers waiting in the wings, unless you really, really believe in someone like Jacob Martin. It'd be crazy to let Frank walk and rely on someone raw like Martin, but crazier things have happened.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seedhawk":1emdykmc said:
Hawksfan78":1emdykmc said:

Yes, there you have it......EXACTLY how you manage the snap count of your most productive pass rusher.

If you play him too much he becomes ineffective, which was our problem the past two years with Avril, Clark and Bennett, all their snap counts were too high, which is why they wore down by the end of the year.

Doesn't mean Clark doesn't deserve, or you don't give him a big extension. You don't want him playing 70-80% of snaps, you wanna keep it around the 50% mark. Guarantee you that's why he's been so effective this year.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31ozvvcs said:
seedhawk":31ozvvcs said:
Hawksfan78":31ozvvcs said:

Yes, there you have it......EXACTLY how you manage the snap count of your most productive pass rusher.

If you play him too much he becomes ineffective, which was our problem the past two years with Avril, Clark and Bennett, all their snap counts were too high, which is why they wore down by the end of the year.

Doesn't mean Clark doesn't deserve, or you don't give him a big extension. You don't want him playing 70-80% of snaps, you wanna keep it around the 50% mark. Guarantee you that's why he's been so effective this year.

He plays majority of the snaps, just that game was a blowout and he was still recovering from food poisoning.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":2iqqm3ll said:
Sgt. Largent":2iqqm3ll said:
seedhawk":2iqqm3ll said:
Hawksfan78":2iqqm3ll said:

He plays majority of the snaps, just that game was a blowout and he was still recovering from food poisoning.

Clark is at 69% for the year......and IMO that's too high.

But I understand, we're super thin with Jordan being Jordan and no Green. But I betcha you see 69% go down as those guys get healthy.

My point is Frank's snap count shouldn't be an issue with giving him an extension. You don't want your star pass rushing DE playing 80% or more of snaps.

Seymour

Reaction score
NYCoug":ifv8lqn0 said:
Extend Clark, Sweezy, Fluker all over the bye week. It's deserved and would be great for team morale.

I'm glad the team didn't give him the Hunter deal (Vikes), though, like many thought he would/should get. If he signs for 14 mil and then has the season he has, repeats it, eventually you've got another Earl situation where he'll think the team screwed him over by underpaying him. This way, you make him ball out and prove his worth, he gets his fairest contract, and everyone's happy.

We HAVE TO keep Frank, though. We literally have no edge rushers waiting in the wings, unless you really, really believe in someone like Jacob Martin. It'd be crazy to let Frank walk and rely on someone raw like Martin, but crazier things have happened.

With the latest event of the passing on of Paul, it is likely there is a freeze on contract extensions until ownership takeover channels / parameters are established.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":15vqor5s said:
NYCoug":15vqor5s said:

With the latest event of the passing on of Paul, it is likely there is a freeze on contract extensions until ownership takeover channels / parameters are established.

I will depend on the hierarchy, if Paul gave John and Pete the green light in the past there is no reason to think much will change now. Not on these contracts anyway. When it comes to Russell Wilson however and we start talking 270 million for a long term contract I would imagine the Owners might weigh in on that size of a deal.

Latest posts