L.O.B 2...5?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":wi0vtt26 said:
like OldHawkFan I've been calling them the BabyBoomers

Bam Bam, ET3 and Sherm were babies too. I call them the LOB. I call the new secondary the LOB. Just because we're getting old, doesn't mean the hard hitting, tough SOBs aren't the LOB.

zetes

Reaction score
I don't see any of these guys as LOB -- none of them will be Hall of Famers and you could argue all 3 of Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor could be in HoF. Kam probably has the longest shot but if he becomes a coach and is half as good as a leader on the field then he might have a shot that way too. Griffin is good, Flowers looks promising, and McDougald is having a great season (so far) but none of them are even close to the original 3. I don't think TT will even be on the team in 2 years which I know will be an unpopular opinion but I'm just not impressed by him.

They might be good as a unit for a year or 2 but I don't think they will ever come even close to the LOB domination. I believe the LOB was a once in a fan's lifetime group of players so my preference is to not try and compare the crop of youngsters.

Cheers

Z.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Aros":cckxy6wl said:
While I am with the majority who think the LOB moniker should remain with the original historic secondary, there's no doubt the BOOM is still alive and well in Seattle with this new crop of youngsters. Very promising!
I agree. I always thought the LOB ended when Browner left. The rotating cast of characters at RCB was never a part of the LOB, IMO.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":m2xgtxfa said:
Aros":m2xgtxfa said:
While I am with the majority who think the LOB moniker should remain with the original historic secondary, there's no doubt the BOOM is still alive and well in Seattle with this new crop of youngsters. Very promising!
I agree. I always thought the LOB ended when Browner left. The rotating cast of characters at RCB was never a part of the LOB, IMO.

I kind of agree with this. Some of the replacement parts did not rise to the LOB level. That said LOB status is a matter of how you play. You bring the BOOM you're in, and several of these guys are bringing it. Do it consistently over a few seasons and you can rightfully claim LOB status. Hope they keep it up.

evergreen

Reaction score
Why don’t ya all ask Amari Cooper what he thinks. Or the Rams receivers. They know. McDougal is laying people out. We’re talking #1 receivers out of the game. That is Boom. Theses guys are rocking. It’s 2011 but we have Russell Wilson instead of Tavaris Jackson.