What universe am I living in?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle is....

...the 2nd best red zone in the league?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1052602470936047617[/tweet]

...the league's most efficient offensive line since Week 3?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1052352736610508801[/tweet]

...the fourth-ranked DVOA defense without Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, or Kam Chancellor?

What year is it

(well, actually, we kinda got Kam back reincarnated in the form of Bradley McDougald, but still...)

We need to translate this into more wins, but...the turnaround from last year's "end of an era" loss to the Rams is astonishing.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I fully expected the running game stats to improve given the guys they brought in and the coaching changes but it is amazing to see Russell Wilson have a pocket. These guys are dominating the line of scrimmage. Pretty sure I saw Justin Britt is the best pass blocking center in the NFL right now on PFF?

Play action has been awesome lately too, glad they've started using it more. Amazing what a running game that works can do for the passing game.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mistaowen":1y4i5rki said:
I fully expected the running game stats to improve given the guys they brought in and the coaching changes but it is amazing to see Russell Wilson have a pocket. These guys are dominating the line of scrimmage. Pretty sure I saw Justin Britt is the best pass blocking center in the NFL right now on PFF?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1052264688220872705[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2n990g6u said:
Seattle is....

...the 2nd best red zone in the league?

...the league's most efficient offensive line since Week 3?

(well, actually, we kinda got Kam back reincarnated in the form of Bradley McDougald, but still...)

We need to translate this into more wins, but...the turnaround from last year's "end of an era" loss to the Rams is astonishing.
What universe am I living in?

Not the one you were so worried about losing Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson's TD's in it would appear.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Pasted from another media.

"Cannot stand these spreadsheet stat monkeys that NEVER PLAYED football and somehow get to write about it on large media giants or other. Apparently, the Hawks have the best pass blocking OL in the NFL since week 3 and they just can't seem to figure out why. Keep talking about Russell Wilson and the WRs and they just can't pinpoint it through their little stat sheets. The reason is easy...they're pounding the rock. The first two weeks they were passing the ball over 65% of the time. Now they're running over 50% of the time. When you're a defensive lineman and you have to read whether it's run or pass then that buys the OL at least half an extra second and it also changed the geometry of the rush given that they hav to honor their gap assignment to defend the run. If a DL is alllowed to "pin their ears back" as they say, everything changes and pass rush productivity goes up exponentially. Also, due to the run game, 3rd down efficiency has skyrocketed due to being in 3rd and short instead of 3rd and long.

I just want to get these spreadsheet stat monkeys in an Oklahoma Drill and make them understand why the run game is so important to the symbiotic relationship between run and pass and PA pass in particular. They'll learn when they tap out."

Fieldgulls has a couple brain dead writers right now. Particularly the lead writer...dude is dumb as a rock.

ivotuk

Reaction score
nrayorr":1kjqrigc said:
I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.

I have to disagree with you on that point. Richard had lost control of his defense. Probably not his fault, he got stuck with Sheldon Richardson freelancing, Michael Bennett saying and doing what he wanted, and Richard Sherman trying to tear the whole thing down.

But there had to be a change. To someone that the players respect and/or fear.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
As i've stated in other threads, I believe Mike Solari is the biggest addition to the team although its entirely likely he looks so awesome because of the subtraction of Tom Cable. In the last couple years I was always more convinced it was Cable holding the team back more than Bevell. I think this year is proving that out since Schotty hasn't done great things schematically but the offense looks infinitely better because they are just staying on schedule by not going backwards on first and second down.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
seedhawk":ys66b4qn said:
Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?

I believe he was here with Mora and given the lack of talent, and decline of Walter Jones, things didn't go so well. He then moved to SF for the next 3 years and Gore would routinely gash us.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If we, as I suspect we will, end up with a winning season this year, Pete had damned well better get COTY for once. He should have gotten it in 2012.

Elemas

Reaction score
Amazing turn around. It's obviously been an adjustment phase. I think it's fair to say that most 12s were worried a bit earlier on and started to expect a dismal season.

I thought we'd go 8-8....likely swaying to 7-9.....

Who knows what lies ahead.

Definitely happy with the reestablished run game and red zone efficiency. Kudos to our o-line and coaching staff!

seedhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1mn88861 said:
seedhawk":1mn88861 said:

I believe he was here with Mora and given the lack of talent, and decline of Walter Jones, things didn't go so well. He then moved to SF for the next 3 years and Gore would routinely gash us.

Well DUH. My point exactly. Threw the baby out with the bathwater included.

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":1dhp427n said:
link credit to toffee

What’s the most important change the Seahawks made this offseason?

Once among the worst-ranked units in the league, the Seahawks O-line ranks first in pass-blocking efficiency over the last four weeks, according to Pro Football Focus.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/535065/mo ... -seahawks/

Great news and we can see this on the field but PFF gives no credit to the run game giving Wilson another .75 seconds either.

toffee

Reaction score
sc85sis":poh3b4o7 said:
If we, as I suspect we will, end up with a winning season this year, Pete had damned well better get COTY for once. He should have gotten it in 2012.

Pete is having fun these days, having fun LOL at the national media experts predicting his team will finish 4 wins or less, LOL at the local and national media experts predicting he will be fired.

toffee is a Pete Carroll homer, toffee couldn't be happier with the team's performance, IF thy Lord would to be mysterious enough to bless toffee with a NFL franchise, toffee wants Pete Carroll to coach that team.

You can middle finger him on national TV, but you couldn't take away LOB V2 is performing at high level, hitting hard, motivated, and not missing that middle finger at all.

Fade

Reaction score
I've said it many times, but I'll say it again.

COACHING IS EVERYTHING.

Mike Solari is an O-Lineman savant.

He is doing the lord's work with Germaine Ifedi, and has the other 4 guys who have plenty of starting experience in the NFL playing some of their best football of their careers.

The teams biggest weakness of the last decade is now a team strength. In only 1 season. Because that is what great coaches do.

Praise be to Solari.

iu

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Did we ever have any doubt?!?!

Wait, don't answer that......

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yeah, long story short Tom.Cable is the worst. From 2012-2017 every loss could be linked directly to his pathetic anti-coaching. He somehow found a away to make players worse the longer he worked with them. The Seahwaks should have won 13-15 games everyseaon. They should have won there out of four Superbowls. Tom Cable is the worst coach at every level of organized football and is a permanent stain on Pete's legacy.

Latest posts