Paul Allen has died

pmedic920

Reaction score
af2f2338b614a0aca401e483474dc9f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3rbd81tz said:
https://www.seahawks.com/video/moment-in-time-seattle-seahawks-allen-era-20-year-anniversary-193431

If you have 20 minutes to spare please watch this great piece down a year ago on Paul Allen saving the team.

I watched this earlier this week and it is a great piece. He was a great man that has touched a lot of people in many different ways.

I don't have the talent for it, but if someone could put together a graphic that says "Referendum 48" with our superbowl patch/logo as the 48 with a picture of Mr. Allen hoisting the Lombardi, I think it would be a pretty awesome. Along with a thank you at the bottom or something?

I dunno, just a thought! I know we have talented people here and I would love to see something like that for such a huge influence on Seattle!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2uke37ae said:
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-to-wear-patch-honoring-paul-allen

There will be a jersey patch to honor Paul Allen

Oh no........... that means I will have to add another game used jersey to the collection! :irishdrinkers:

2_0_6

Reaction score
While I didn't agree with all his political beliefs or what initiatives he chose to donate to, I will be truly forever grateful to him for keeping the franchise I grew up watching here in Seattle where it belongs. Being able to take my then 7 year old Daughter to the Championship parade is something I will never forget.

Rest in paradise Paul, you will be missed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but every single time I come into the forum and read "Paul Allen has died" at the top of the forum it hits me all over again.

:(

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seattle-area-buildings-to-go-blue-this-weekend-to-honor-seahawks-owner-paul-alle?fbclid=IwAR3asoh78Jo7o0h7srjuKoWKqkfHvp6U7QwN3JhNnC6CBEDsXvBsmnZUEwE[/urltargetblank]

CenturyLink Field and Virginia Mason Athletic Center, two venues the Seattle Seahawks call home, are part of a growing list of Pacific Northwest landmarks, buildings, and institutions set to light up blue this Saturday and Sunday in honor of Paul Allen, the franchise’s owner who died last month from complications of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

The list of structures going blue — one of Allen’s favorite colors — throughout the Seattle-area and beyond this weekend includes, but is not limited to:

CenturyLink Field
Virginia Mason Athletic Center
Allen Institute
Amazon's Spheres
Columbia Tower
Evergreen Point Floating Bridge
Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Living Computers: Museum + Labs
Madison Centre
Microsoft City Center
Museum of Pop Culture
Safeco Field
Space Needle
Union Square
Washington State Convention Center
Westlake Park

warden

Reaction score
Latest comes nt out, is the team will be sold and all profits from the sale will go to the Paul Allen foundation. It appears that Paul wants lots of his mass fortune to go to charity

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/1061802076454445057[/tweet]

SEATTLE – If the Seattle Seahawks are sold, the proceeds will benefit the Paul G. Allen Foundation, the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Sunday.

Rapoport cited “several sources informed of the situation” who said the foundation will be the beneficiary of a potential sale.

While no sale is imminent, according to the report most believe it will eventually happen and potential buyers are already researching and preparing for the opportunity.

Several owners have said the team will stay in Seattle either way.

Rapoport said the sale is likely to set a record for the most expensive sale of a North American sports franchise.