Are Pete and John on the Hot Seat?

Hawker8989

Reaction score
It doesn't appear as though players have checked out. The effort is there on a consistent basis. There are also signs of improvement (OL) in certain areas. The question is if there is another coach out there that can get more out of this group. Right now, I would say there isn't. But again, Allen's untimely passing may change things. Maybe a new owner will want their own staff in charge. You never know how things like this will go.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
MO Hawk":gm228w03 said:
MO Hawk":gm228w03 said:
What do they have to do this season to keep their job? What has to happen for them to lose it?

I'd say 10-6 and the team being headed in the right direction to keep it. 8 losses and a team in disarray as the season progresses may cost both of them their job.

Injuries - To some extent these can't be helped or predicted, however I've read sports medicine articles over the years that correlate injuries to practice, training techniques and treatment. I know all NFL teams face injuries, but I can't say and I don't know where Seattle rates or ranks on the number of injuries during the season and average time out with an injury compared to other NFL teams? The reason I bring this up is it seems like injuries are already affecting us and it's still very early in the season.

Is the preseason a harbinger? To some extent I think it is, but we shall see.

Bottom line on coaches and GM's keeping their jobs? To quote Al Davis, "Just win Baby"!

When I read John Clayton's article today, it just reiterates what I said in August about injures.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/520689/cl ... ery-bears/

This many injuries this early in the season has to fall on Pete. We need to change the way we train to keep injuries down. How long do we lose games due to players being out b/c of injuries before Paul Allen makes changes? We can't win games when our best players are standing on the sidelines.
yer tripping. hc doesn't cause injuries.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Only a fan could possibly think John is on the hot seat. Dude is one of the greatest gms ever. When was Carson drafted? The issue with John is KEEPING him. If we get a new coach, we're rolling the dice on being a crap team indefinitely. With pc we know what we've got--almost certainly getting us into the playoffs, never give up, shooters chance of winning it all. Just let him retire in a few years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well even if there was chance they were on the hot seat before Allen's death, they DEFINITELY aren't now.

Until the new owner is announced, nothing's going to change. Right now continuity top to bottom is the most important thing for a franchise in an ownership transition.

toffee

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":y7lempoa said:
Only a fan could possibly think John is on the hot seat. Dude is one of the greatest gms ever. When was Carson drafted? The issue with John is KEEPING him. If we get a new coach, we're rolling the dice on being a crap team indefinitely. With pc we know what we've got--almost certainly getting us into the playoffs, never give up, shooters chance of winning it all. Just let him retire in a few years.
did you read the public announcement and middle finger from our stars? Sherm, Earl, Bennett etc.? Pete and John were must fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":1s7d08dn said:
Lords of Scythia":1s7d08dn said:
did you read the public announcement and middle finger from our stars? Sherm, Earl, Bennett etc.? Pete and John were must fire.

It wasn't because of their talent, it was because of holding the offense accountable aka Bevell and Cable.

sc85sis

Reaction score
toffee":2jrcxmye said:
Lords of Scythia":2jrcxmye said:

Said stars aren’t here anymore.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
sc85sis":1pmrzb83 said:
toffee":1pmrzb83 said:
Lords of Scythia":1pmrzb83 said:

Said stars aren’t here anymore.

I think a genuine concern though is that, from that 2010-2014 we had these guys like Sherm, Bennett, Earl, etc that were all starry eyed kids fresh out of college and you had a coach like Pete who knew how to talk or communicate with them on their level in a way that they know. The thing is they grew up and that message from that part of the Pete era was falling on deaf ears. Those players didn't see or take that message or mantra anymore as they became professional men in football. Right now Pete has a new batch, The Griffens, Dissly, Thompson, etc that are taking in that message he preached the first time around. In 3-4 years, if Pete is somehow still here, are they gonna end up like their predecessors and start tuning out that message?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I hear the same message a lot from my boss too, but I’m an adult and don’t act like a spoiled brat just because he’s a bit repetitive at times. The fact those guys tuned him out says more about them than Pete. Just my two cents.

Right now we can’t worry about what may or may not happen in 3-4 more years. Maybe seeing how Pete jettisoned his stars will be a wake up call to the guys who are new now. Who knows?

Donn2390

Reaction score
sc85sis":1ynp85yt said:
I hear the same message a lot from my boss too, but I’m an adult and don’t act like a spoiled brat just because he’s a bit repetitive at times. The fact those guys tuned him out says more about them than Pete. Just my two cents.

Right now we can’t worry about what may or may not happen in 3-4 more years. Maybe seeing how Pete jettisoned his stars will be a wake up call to the guys who are new now. Who knows?
The truth of the matter is, Pete made stars out of the players, the players didn't make a star out of Pete. Their egos got the best of them. I for one was glad to see them go... Good riddance..

toffee

Reaction score
sc85sis":1kngre8h said:

As a Pete Carroll homer, I fault him for not starting the rebuild a year earlier, instead he tried to have one extra go with a locker room that he already lost, sacrificed future picks on Sheldon etc., Should we have started a year earlier, we could have what we are enjoying now a year earlier. We could have rid of Bev-Cable and the inmates a year earlier, without Cable, we wouldn't have signed Joeckel.

As for the inmates that ran the asylum, those guys absolutely placed their personal interests ahead of the team's, they believed that their personal performance was key to Hawks' success so they could voice whatever, and wherever. Instead of voicing their opinions in the locker room or to the coaches, they went public so they could get publicity, and promote their brand.

If our current defense play at the level of last few games, or improve some. 12s could safely said that it was the system that empowered the players to shine.

Latest posts