A tale of two quarterbacks

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1daxni7f said:
....Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.....

Lets just let that sink in for a moment...... :lol:

xray

Reaction score
Rosen reminds me of a young Tom Brady...Wilson reminds me of an old Doug Flutie but slower. :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
endzorn":3t3mha5z said:
Wilson could be a superstar with any OC who knew how to play to his strengths. Schottenheimer has turned Wilson into a stationary target in the pocket. This so called “next-level coaching” that schottenheimer was going to give RW has sapped him of the things that made him special.

I don’t care what Wilson says, he can’t see in the pocket. He’s at his most dangerous when he’s on the move and he’s now relegated to a pocket that can hardly hold up.

Move him. I understand keeping him in the pocket on a percentage of plays, but we should be moving him often to make sure he can see the field and make sure he has options other than taking sacks. Roll him left or right, he’s been very good either way.

I was of the mind that we should fire Cable and give Bevell one year to see what he could do with a new OL coach. I was also of the mind that Schottenheimer is an awful OC. Nothing I have seen has even moved the meter toward Schottenheimer being remotely good.

Sadly, I think the end of Carroll will be tied to his baffling coaching choices on offense. I love Pete, but he needs to take inventory on his coaching hires.

CORRECT ^, One only has to see how they Coach-cater to the strengths that Drew Breese has, to see where the pitfalls lie for RW.
To NOT use, or worse yet, ignore Russell Wilson's talents correctly, is not only stupid, it's criminal.
He goes off script out of self preservation, and it really doesn't have to be that way.
It's like "I Know That You're a Highly Skilled Surgeon, But All I Want You To Do While You're Here, Is Put Band-Aids On Butt Boils". :34853_doh:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
xray":16mr4snv said:
Rosen reminds me of a young Tom Brady...Wilson reminds me of an old Doug Flutie but slower. :stirthepot:
:roll:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":c4y82gso said:
Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...

So, was Tom Brady a bad quarterback from 2005-2013 because he didn't win any Super Bowls?

Wilson can be a great quarterback without a deep run in the playoffs. Or any run into the playoffs at all - All kinds of great quarterbacks who have done that.

Your criteria are stupid. But then again, you know that.

chris98251

Reaction score
He actually reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, same punchable face and the ability to wing it from almost anywhere. God I think I hate him now.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":2gr80and said:
He actually reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, same punchable face and the ability to wing it from almost anywhere. God I think I hate him now.

Indeed, and Aaron Rodgers is viewed by many as the best QB in the business these days so my thumbs up on Rosen is 100% legit.

Now I have to up my accuracy % to 99.763%.

GO HAWKS!

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
Pretty small sample size for Rosen. Plays 4 quarters, loses, but ya lets compare him to Rodgers :lol:

Fade

Reaction score
scutterhawk":jigzt2kx said:
It's like "I Know That You're a Highly Skilled Surgeon, But All I Want You To Do While You're Here, Is Put Band-Aids On Butt Boils". :34853_doh:

It's funny because it's true.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3cv3k327 said:
Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.

Just checking in to see if you're still high on Rosen. Since you were so quick and willing to elevate him above Wilson after one game. Your accuracy rating is looking a little off these days.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Scorpion05":33wjzjc6 said:
semiahmoo":33wjzjc6 said:
Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.

Just checking in to see if you're still high on Rosen. Since you were so quick and willing to elevate him above Wilson after one game. Your accuracy rating is looking a little off these days.

I wonder how much fun he had watching that debacle last night. The Cards are definitely a team on the move, straight to the sh*tter bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa

Good Lord

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
xray":10gfoi9t said:

Rosen reminds me of a young Rick Mirer

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3n3upvpx said:
xray":3n3upvpx said:

Rosen reminds me of a young Rick Mirer

Haha maybe a young Dan McGwire as well.

Rosen is trash. I have never, EVER understood the Rosen love. As a Pac 12 fan who watched quite of few of his games in person at the Rose Bowl, I saw a guy with a plus arm but thats about it. Cocky, arrogant, yet with no leadership qualities to speak of. Rarely if ever stepped up in big moments to lead UCLA when it mattered.

Cards fans who live in Pac 12 country should have known better than to get excited for this guy. I of course was thrilled by the pick and not at all surprised when he threw a temper tantrum at being picked where he was.

Complete loser. Glad hes not our problem.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1fgmt10b said:
chris98251":1fgmt10b said:

Indeed, and Aaron Rodgers is viewed by many as the best QB in the business these days so my thumbs up on Rosen is 100% legit.

Now I have to correct my accuracy % to 9.763%.

GO HAWKS!
FIFY

sdog1981

Reaction score
My man Shampoo got killed on this one. It was a stupid take the day you posted it and it gets dumber every day. You are going to have to delete your account because of this one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yeah the Rosen thing wasn't his best scouting ..Rookies are a trap that many fall into
Look no further than Rick Mirer.
As for RW he is a game manager now and doing pretty well with it.I was shocked to
see him use the pocket and step up into it.As he does this it will open up more
of the offense.The days of sandlot king are ending and 2015 was years ago now
he cannot run like he did back then to repeat that year anyway.He is older and
getting slower.You look at AR and Cam..They don't run like they used to either
because the body cannot keep taking those [email protected] know change isn't
fun but it's reality in everything.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Um Yea.....I certainly hope that RW was watching Rosen's mastery on the gridiron last night. :laugh:
"A Tale Of Two Quarterbacks".........................INDEED :17: .

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
sdog1981":1f9h84mg said:
My man Shampoo got killed on this one. It was a stupid take the day you posted it and it gets dumber every day. You are going to have to delete your account because of this one.

People like that don't know when to throw in the towel. They usually just double down on the stupid

rcaido

Reaction score
Would be nice to necro bump this thread along with fire pete thread every year.

JRobinson

Reaction score
This thread is concerning IMO. While I can understand and respect the OP’s position, I’m having a hard time agreeing with this assessment. Wilson is an outstanding athlete who in fact is a very good Quarterback. No, I have not seen him as “elite” as they say, but then again I have. To clarify, when the LOB was in full force, and Beast Mode was around, Russel Wilson played a bunch of games at an “eliete” level. He has never had an amazing OLine, and I believe that’s partly due to the Brass of Seattle seeing that they could use money and picks elsewhere because of Wilson’s ability; now that particular aspect has come back to haunt them, but, it’s getting better by the week it seems. Wilson hasn’t put up as many of the “eliete” performances over the past 16 games dating back to last season, but let’s be honest, Brady is a once in a lifetime QB, a guy who elevates the level of play of guys around him. He also plays for a once in a lifetime coach, who constantly puts his players in a position of success. Wilson and Pete are not this, but they have had many, many moments like this.

Don’t discount or discredit the greatness of Wilson or Pete. Credit Bill and Brrady, and realize that the NFL cycles with success but with the outlier of the Patriots. I hate the Patriots, but I don’t have blinders on when it comes to arguably, “the best to ever do it”.

Seattle is in a much better position than the Cardinals, and as much as I hate Seattle, y’all rebuild won’t be very long if things remain how they are but are changed into a modified identity. Wilson has a good few years left, he has another run, these next two drafts and FA periods are critical for that run.