A tale of two quarterbacks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
JRobinson":3avb4tn9 said:
This thread is concerning IMO. While I can understand and respect the OP’s position, I’m having a hard time agreeing with this assessment. Wilson is an outstanding athlete who in fact is a very good Quarterback. No, I have not seen him as “elite” as they say, but then again I have. To clarify, when the LOB was in full force, and Beast Mode was around, Russel Wilson played a bunch of games at an “eliete” level. He has never had an amazing OLine, and I believe that’s partly due to the Brass of Seattle seeing that they could use money and picks elsewhere because of Wilson’s ability; now that particular aspect has come back to haunt them, but, it’s getting better by the week it seems. Wilson hasn’t put up as many of the “eliete” performances over the past 16 games dating back to last season, but let’s be honest, Brady is a once in a lifetime QB, a guy who elevates the level of play of guys around him. He also plays for a once in a lifetime coach, who constantly puts his players in a position of success. Wilson and Pete are not this, but they have had many, many moments like this.

Don’t discount or discredit the greatness of Wilson or Pete. Credit Bill and Brrady, and realize that the NFL cycles with success but with the outlier of the Patriots. I hate the Patriots, but I don’t have blinders on when it comes to arguably, “the best to ever do it”.

Seattle is in a much better position than the Cardinals, and as much as I hate Seattle, y’all rebuild won’t be very long if things remain how they are but are changed into a modified identity. Wilson has a good few years left, he has another run, these next two drafts and FA periods are critical for that run.

Brady is a great QB, but even when he hasn't started Belichick coaches his replacements to play top notch football. Brady is talented and well coached. As far as raw talent and football IQ, he will never be on Peyton Mannings level.

RW is spectacular in the system he plays in as well. He had no offensive line last year and still threw more TD passes than anyone in the league. He takes what he's given and turns it into gold. Brady would have been killed behind a Tom Cable O-Line, It all depends on what the system needs to get out of a QB.

If you put any of the top tier QBs in New Englands system, they would look like Brady.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I haven't seen the OP in this thread for a while.
You say you are a fan since the 70's. That is hard to believe. If so, you have seen the really bad years when a 9-7 record would be a huge accomplishment.
My personal experience with aging is most gain wisdom and patience. You appear to exhibit none of those 2 traits.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Anyone who compares Rosen to Wilson is an idiot.

Rosen has a long ways to go before he can make any claim to being spoken of in the same sentence as Russel Wilson.

Geez, who would even fall for such a comparison?

Crazy...

sdog1981

Reaction score
semiahmoo":11odg7d2 said:

Rosen has a long ways to go before he can make any claim to being spoken of in the same sentence as Russel Wilson.

Crazy...

My man Shampoo

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sdog1981":13i1k569 said:
semiahmoo":13i1k569 said:

Crazy...

My man Shampoo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":ls02wgdu said:
Indeed, and Aaron Rodgers is viewed by many as the best QB in the business these days so my thumbs up on Rosen is 100% legit.

Now I have to up my accuracy % to 99.763%.

GO HAWKS!
It was YOUR "COMPARRISONS" of Rosen to Rodgers.
Gotta watch out with yer flip-floppin, or yer going to wind up hurt'n yerself.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
""I'm always willing to teach those willing to learn..."" per Semiahmoo.

= Pure Arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What qualifies you as a "teacher for those willing to learn"? Seems like Semiahmoo feels he is so smart & we are all dumb as hell so I have to wonder if he is a Seahawk fan or a planted sleeper troll. We all have opinions, but to imply that the only one that counts is "Semiahmoo's opinion" is the height of arrogance. I'm 75 year old and way beyond being told what to think or do, not to mention, being taught straight up bull shit from a wanna be "expert on QB performance". Maybe y'all should try looking through a more positive lens instead of the negative crap being posted here, it's a lot more fun for a true Seahawks fan (which Semiahmoo is obviously NOT). May I suggest you go to an Arizona blog for all of your future posts? The Cardinals fans need your BS negative input, the Seahawks fans don't.

:smilingalien:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":3m3a7v9y said:

What qualifies you as a "teacher for those willing to learn"? Seems like Semiahmoo feels he is so smart & we are all dumb as hell so I have to wonder if he is a Seahawk fan or a planted sleeper troll. We all have opinions, but to imply that the only one that counts is "Semiahmoo's opinion" is the height of arrogance. I'm 75 year old and way beyond being told what to think or do, not to mention, being taught straight up bull shit from a wanna be "expert on QB performance". Maybe y'all should try looking through a more positive lens instead of the negative crap being posted here, it's a lot more fun for a true Seahawks fan (which Semiahmoo is obviously NOT). May I suggest you go to an Arizona blog for all of your future posts? The Cardinals fans need your BS negative input, the Seahawks fans don't.

Yes!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":22sduyzn said:

Forget it CamanoislandJQ, You can teach a monkey to ride a bicycle, but you ain't going to teach that monkey how to build one. :curious:

jeremiah

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":k3kcghbp said:
JRobinson":k3kcghbp said:
This thread is concerning IMO. While I can understand and respect the OP’s position, I’m having a hard time agreeing with this assessment. Wilson is an outstanding athlete who in fact is a very good Quarterback. No, I have not seen him as “elite” as they say, but then again I have. To clarify, when the LOB was in full force, and Beast Mode was around, Russel Wilson played a bunch of games at an “eliete” level. He has never had an amazing OLine, and I believe that’s partly due to the Brass of Seattle seeing that they could use money and picks elsewhere because of Wilson’s ability; now that particular aspect has come back to haunt them, but, it’s getting better by the week it seems. Wilson hasn’t put up as many of the “eliete” performances over the past 16 games dating back to last season, but let’s be honest, Brady is a once in a lifetime QB, a guy who elevates the level of play of guys around him. He also plays for a once in a lifetime coach, who constantly puts his players in a position of success. Wilson and Pete are not this, but they have had many, many moments like this.

Don’t discount or discredit the greatness of Wilson or Pete. Credit Bill and Brrady, and realize that the NFL cycles with success but with the outlier of the Patriots. I hate the Patriots, but I don’t have blinders on when it comes to arguably, “the best to ever do it”.

Seattle is in a much better position than the Cardinals, and as much as I hate Seattle, y’all rebuild won’t be very long if things remain how they are but are changed into a modified identity. Wilson has a good few years left, he has another run, these next two drafts and FA periods are critical for that run.

Brady is a great QB, but even when he hasn't started Belichick coaches his replacements to play top notch football. Brady is talented and well coached. As far as raw talent and football IQ, he will never be on Peyton Mannings level.

RW is spectacular in the system he plays in as well. He had no offensive line last year and still threw more TD passes than anyone in the league. He takes what he's given and turns it into gold. Brady would have been killed behind a Tom Cable O-Line, It all depends on what the system needs to get out of a QB.

If you put any of the top tier QBs in New Englands system, they would look like Brady.

I agree, I enjoy watching Brady play, and he is one of the top 10 for sure to ever play QB in this league. He just is not as good as others. The game has changed so much, it is hard to compare him with Montana, Marino, Fouts or even Elway. For one, the QB's of this era are protected from hits. The receivers are free to roam, now with little to fear from "earhole shots" after catches over the middle.

I find this need to identify the G O A T tiresome. Just enjoy what you are watching now, and know it will change, it has changed, just as tastes in the type of play changed.