Fire Pete

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To those calling for Pete's head, you're flat out wrong.

This is not like Holmgren's 2008 season when the team won only 4 games.

In Pete and John I trust... and to the naysayers... please, Trust the Process.

toffee

Reaction score
I am a Pete Carroll homer, he is my guy! I am however open to replacing him if there is a candidate that is substantially better with proven record.

Until someone could name that candidate and that person wants the job. These discussions are just noise.

In our division, rams got the hot offensive genius. Could his system still dominate after another season or two when DCs got him figured out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Spin Dr would never have hired Pete. He was not successful at his prior 2 stops as HC at the NFL record.
He would have preferred Mora, I believe.

olyfan63

Reaction score
semiahmoo":n4a0uwdz said:
Can't take much from the Raiders win beyond just enjoying it. They suck and are clearly calling it in these days.

Next couple games will really determine what level of team the Seahawks are.

The teams is improved no doubt and that's great to see.

How much remains unknown at this time.

As for Pete, we won't return to a legit playoff threat type team until he's gone

It's just fascinating how posters who have some interesting and thought provoking things to say at times can be so down on Pete as to say, "we won't return to a legit playoff threat... until he's gone."

Wow, yes, let's bring in another Tom Flores, another Jim Mora Jr., maybe a Jeff Fisher, or some other retread or unproven.

And the next kill will be made by... Ben Richards!!
And the next Seahawks playoffs team will be coached by... Pete Carroll!!

Yes, many criticisms of Pete are valid, but ignore how Pete has successfully reinvented and adapted *multiple* times during the last couple decades. Yes, Pete 3.5 was very frustrating to watch, and missed the playoffs. I think this year we are getting Pete 4.0.

Pete 1.0: NY Jets, SF 49ers DC, New England Patriots, 1994-99, Defensive guru, average failed NFL HC
Pete 2.0: USC Trojans, 2000-2009, College kids master motivator and recruiter, 2-time National Champion
Pete 3.0: Seattle Seahawks, 2010-2014, from 7-9 to 11-5, 13-3, 12-4, SB48 Champs, Cheap young roster, Lynch
Pete 3.5: Seattle Seahawks, 2015-2017, 10-6, 10-5-1, 9-7, hamstrung by CaBevell, Expensive old roster, pass-happy
Pete 4.0: Seattle Seahawks, 2018-?, 3-3 so far, cheap young roster, expensive QB, smashmouth running game returns

As for me, I'm excited to see what Pete 4.0 turns out. Pete 3.5 was crippled by his unwavering loyalty to Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell and their now-substandard offensive schemes and techniques.

Does anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Yeah, that was Pete 3.5. Just kidding. Pete 3.5 was Windows 8.
Pete in Microsoft versions:
Pete 3.0: Windows 7. It was solid and it worked. Still does.
Pete 3.5: Windows 8. That one sucked and I hated it. No Start Menu (running game)
Pete 4.0: Windows 10. New version, a return to basics, a re-architecting. The Start menu returns.

I don't think many .NET posters give Pete as much credit as he deserves for evolving and reinventing himself and his teams. I guarantee he is paying close, close attention to the Rams and their offense, both from the standpoint of a defensive genius figuring out how to stop their attack, and from the offensive point of view of "hey Brian, how come WE aren't doing things on offense that cause such huge problems for defenses, the way the Rams are?" And Brian is taking those instructions to heart, and we will be seeing the Schotty version of McVay flattery more and more in the Hawks offense. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery) Much as Pete's defensive schemes have been analyzed and dissected, McVay's success with the Rams will be analyzed, dissected, and imitated.

It's already been progress, seeing the O-Line improvement, seeing us run the ball for 150 yards a game, seeing Russell have time to throw at least part of the time. One of the biggest differences so far, is seeing less of Russell's bail-out move, where he bails out of the back of the pocket and turns a 5 yard sack into a 20 yard sack.

There are 31 other teams and head coaches out there all scheming on how they can beat us and everyone else and win the Super Bowl. For a second Lombardi, I like our chances with Pete far more than with any other FOTM option. It's nice when a Sean McVay story happens, but the next young buck coach comes with no guarantees.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete Carrol deserves a chance to coach out his contract.

All the whiny sky is falling detractors need to zip it.

Seriously.

And then Pete needs to go...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
olyfan63":mn5fbeoa said:
semiahmoo":mn5fbeoa said:
Can't take much from the Raiders win beyond just enjoying it. They suck and are clearly calling it in these days.

As for Pete, we won't return to a legit playoff threat type team until he's gone

It's just fascinating how posters who have some interesting and thought provoking things to say at times can be so down on Pete as to say, "we won't return to a legit playoff threat... until he's gone."

And then they'll back it up in retrospect by saying that if we fall anywhere short of the Super Bowl...like, anywhere, Wild Card, divisional, or conference championship...that we weren't a legitimate playoff threat and snuck in by luck. Especially this year of the muddled NFC.

In other words, Pete's a bad coach unless we make the Super Bowl.

toffee

Reaction score
semiahmoo":r9ywjoqc said:

Seriously.

Why Pete needs to go and who would you like as replacement?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
toffee":2qryrod2 said:
semiahmoo":2qryrod2 said:

Seriously.

Why Pete needs to go and who would you like as replacement?

Stop picking on Pete and let the man coach.

Geez.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea I'm over Pete honestly.

It's time for new blood, this team is lazy, no fire.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":syavxgux said:
olyfan63":syavxgux said:
semiahmoo":syavxgux said:

And then they'll back it up in retrospect by saying that if we fall anywhere short of the Super Bowl...like, anywhere, Wild Card, divisional, or conference championship...that we weren't a legitimate playoff threat and snuck in by luck. Especially this year of the muddled NFC.

In other words, Pete's a bad coach unless we make the Super Bowl.

We won't even make the playoffs, and homer's like you will claim it was a successful season.

We know you too well. Pete is done, he's washed up. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I won't be, because I know how he coaches.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3suzgbvk said:

Wow. Since you are over Pete we should just scrap all of it. Is this something you would tell the team in front of there face?

There are 31 other teams to root for. Have fun. Pete is not gong anywhere.

Todays loss was a team loss. I think people got high expectations after a couple victories. The rest of season is not going to be all wins. Today was sloppy all around.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1tqdexkz said:
NFSeahawks628":1tqdexkz said:

Wow. Since you are over Pete we should just scrap all of it. Is this something you would tell the team in front of there face?

Todays loss was a team loss. I think people got high expectations after a couple victories. The rest of season is not going to be all wins. Today was sloppy all around.

This season is not going to be all wins is such a lazy statement, how observant of you. Thanks for sharing such vital information.

Coaches determine the mindset of the team which influences what you see on the field. Pete's not the answer anymore. He is going somewhere, he has 1 year to get them back or he's gone, just how the business goes. He's had alot of years to right the ship and hasn't done it and they've also missed on constant draft picks every year.

Having high expectations should be a requirement of any fan of any team, why would you hope for anything else. Check your psychology. "I'm ok with an average season" is a weird mindset to have.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1grm4bh6 said:
Year of The Hawk":1grm4bh6 said:
NFSeahawks628":1grm4bh6 said:

This season is not going to be all wins is such a lazy statement, how observant of you. Thanks for sharing such vital information.

Coaches determine the mindset of the team which influences what you see on the field. Pete's not the answer anymore. He is going somewhere, he has 1 year to get them back or he's gone, just how the business goes. He's had alot of years to right the ship and hasn't done it and they've also missed on constant draft picks every year.

Having high expectations should be a requirement of any fan of any team, why would you hope for anything else. Check your psychology. "I'm ok with an average season" is a weird mindset to have.

An even weirder mindset is having waaaay high expectations after all new coaches and losing 5 pro bowl caliber players on defense. I can be happy with an average season. My life would be miserable if I was upset every time we did not win the super bowl.

As far as Pete going thankfully it is not your decision. Even with setbacks such as games like this they are developing and growing as a team. Frustrating to be sure but it is not like we got blown out by the Browns.