The NFL team other than the Hawks that you have been a fan

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Miami Dolphins are my favorite AFC team. Bob Griese is still my favorite HOF QB.

Yup....the original killer b’s are the Miami Dolphins. The Pats are cheap wanna be’s.

Seafan

Reaction score
Vikings fan pre-1976. Lived in Minnesota for a few years as a youngster. Moved back to Washington in '74.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Vikings. Before the Seahawks were in existence I rooted on the purple team with the cool logo on their helmets.

Had a rad Ahmad Rashad jersey to boot!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3gm9y6ga said:
Vikings. Before the Seahawks were in existence I rooted on the purple team with the cool logo on their helmets.

For whatever reason the Vikings were on tv a lot before
we got the Hawks..i liked the uni's too but I rooted for the Raiders.
Ken Stabler .I learned to hate em real fast after 76 when we were
switched to the AFC.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3aannoju said:
When a very young buck, I was a Chargers fan in the days of Dan Fouts, Charlie Joyner, Wes Chandler, and Kellen Winslow. It had a few moments of excitement, until I reached age 11 or 12 and matured into a Hawks fan. Living in the PNW makes it easy.

No love for Chuck Muncie?

Underrated back in my opinion, but easy to be underrated when playing in the same division as Warner and Marcus Allen.

I agree the SAN DIEGO chargers were a fun team to watch and that game against the Dolphins?! WOW.

rjdriver

Reaction score
When I was boy, I idolized my neighbors Dad who was this huge 6’7’’ sports fanatic from Cleveland. He was a big kid and rooted for all his Cleveland teams. Because of him, I would root for the Browns whenever I saw them on TV. They’re unis were so plain and ugly, I thought they were cool as well.

I wouldn’t say I was a fan though... just liked them.

Back in the day, we just didn’t have the exposure to teams and individual players that people do now. It’s probably easier to like multiple teams nowadays, because they are so easy to follow.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
"Seahawks only.

I dont get multiple team fans. Oh well."

Yeah, some of us pre-date the Seahawks.

For me, The 70's Rams of VInce Ferragamo, my favorite non-Seahawk QB ever.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Don't really care for other teams, but I do find myself rooting for certain teams when the Hawk's or out, or just like it when they win. Those teams would be: The Saints, Ravens, Lions, and Browns.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
The Steeleres now have the "killer B's '. I called Belichick & Brady that myself because of them being the longest most successful Coach-QB combo in NFL history..not IMO but fact.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I became a fan of the Seahawks when I was 10 in 1977. Zorn to Largent sucked me in. It has ALWAYS been Seattle for me. We moved to Michigan in 1984. I watched the ‘other’ teams televised here(Lions, Bears, Packers) and will admit that in the early 90s during our suckitude I almost jumped ship thanks to Barry Sanders. I couldn’t do it. Stayed with my Hawks. Thank god I did. The Lions will never win a Lombardi. So, yeah, I guess The Lions are my 2nd favorite team by default cause I live out here.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
I was 11 when the team came into existence in 1976, so didn't have a solid favorite before that. I've tended to kind of pick a team in a different conference to pay attention to and root for (never over the Hawks, of course). I lived in Georgia for a while and rooted for the Falcons (when Seattle was still AFC)...tended to root for underdog teams in the AFC now. Currently, I pay attention to the Browns as I am a fan of Baker Mayfield (Boomer Sooner!). Hawks first with a secondary team when the Hawks aren't on...oh, and anyone playing the Patriots, Cowboys, Stealers and the rest of the NFC West.

sutz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2lu18b2o said:
Aros":2lu18b2o said:

For whatever reason the Vikings were on tv a lot before
we got the Hawks..i liked the uni's too but I rooted for the Raiders.
Ken Stabler .I learned to hate em real fast after 76 when we were
switched to the AFC.
The Vikes were on TV a lot for one reason...Fran Tarkenton. Russ copies most of his moves from him. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cowboys were my 2nd favorite team growing up. Was born in ElPaso and my parents were both big Cowboys fans. Stopped liking them in the 90's after Jimmy Johnson was chased away. The love for them was never even 10 percent of what it is the for the Hawks. And now I flat out hate them, and have for decades.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There's the Seahawks and then a few teams I don't hate and will cheer for if the Hawks are eliminated from playoff contention.

Saints
Dolphins
Browns
Lions
Bills

Basically teams with long suffering fan bases tortured by smug national media adored teams. I've been there so I can relate.

Sounds like the OP is a classic front runner fan. My brother is a Pats fan but at least he jumped on the bus in 1986. Being a Pats fan since 2002 and a Hawks fan since 2003 means you've never really suffered.

Seymour

Reaction score
Prior to the Seahawks, I was a Packers fan and liked Ray Nitschke and Bart Star. Also a fan of all teams playing the Cowboys.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It was pretty fun to watch the Giants beat the Patriots - especially in that undefeated NE year.

I like the Eagles because of Pederson and Wentz.

The KC team is pretty fun to watch.

Teams I hate other than the obvious (SF, LA, AZ):
- Packers
-Steelers
-Pats

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wasn't really old enough when the Seahawks came into existence to be a solid fan of another team, so I grew up a Seahawks fan. Of course, I was the only one in my family, and other real 'Hawks fans were few and far between. Football just wasn't much of a thing around the community I grew up in. Because of that, I didn't develop a really rabid Seahawks-only fandom at an early age. Now, definitely! Then, well, it was not quite the same thing.

I do remember in the early '80s, my mom used to get jars of Fischer's Peanuts that came in neat NFL glasses. They're worth about ten bucks or so on eBay now. I of course got the Seahawks one first. But Mom wouldn't buy me more than one of the same mug. "You need to collect all the different teams!" Still a bit surly about that point. But I had about a dozen or so of these different NFL mugs. Since, I've given all of them away to friends of mine who happen to be fans of those teams, so it worked out well. Still wish I had more of the Seahawks ones, though.

During the early years when we sucked, I always enjoyed watching Montana, Rice, Lott, Clark, Craig, and all those guys. Man, they were good! And they always had such a rivalry with the hated Cowboys that I was a bit of a fan. Never really a true fan of them, but they were pretty much my NFC team, since their play rarely affected the Seahawks, and it didn't matter to the Seahawks if they did well. The switch to the NFC pretty much killed that. And, of course, the 49ers of the current era are a totally different team and easy to hate.