We Are Not What Our Record Says We Are

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bhoga1o said:
7 years in to his career, and they are STILL trying to make him do stuff that doesn't fit what his strengths are. Play action, rolling out, zone read etc. Meanwhile, teams are creating offenses that match their QB. Look at that Bears game in the 4th quarter, it was impressive the way they were coaching the offense.
This.

That's why I think if you have a franchise QB, you need a good offensive minded head coach or a combo of damn good offensive coordinator/QB coach to get the most out of said franchise QB.

Carroll will never be a great head coach to a great QB.

Carroll (run, run, and try to play elite defense) will always be a head coach to a game manager QB.

Carroll is held back by his own philosophy.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":fch230b7 said:
Coaches are fired based on Wins and Losses.

They are not fired by, "We really are a such and such record."

Gimme a break.

If the Seahawks are according to some a 6-3 team, the same can be said for other teams. Those other teams are really "undefeated..." blah blah blah.

Whatever your reason is, the team is young and whatever, the truth is, coaches do not get that luxury in saying, "my team is young, so you shouldn't fire me cause I have a losing record."

The truth all teams try to be young, talented and cheap.

But not all teams can be, and those that aren't, generally have coaches on hot seats.

With the Hawks appearing to be destined for new ownership, you can bet the pending owner is carefully watching the product on the field and not thinking, they're losing because they are "too young."

In the NFL, if you don't field a collective cohesive talent, either all young, all veterans, or both, you're not gonna win consistently and your coach will probably no longer be your coach at the end of the season.

In this league, you need talented players, either they are talented young, talented veterans and talented coaches to consistently win. The Seahawks are clearly lacking in all these areas which makes them exactly what their record is. Nothing more and nothing less.

So if you don't win right away you fire the coach, and then end up like the Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, Bills, etc.

Great philosophy. Teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Packers, and you can look at the Cheifs as well sticking with Reid. are successful letting a staff build a team and supplementing pieces as needed. We are 4 - 5 and had a hell of a first half schedule and rebuilding, oops don't rebuild can't ever rebuild have to spend money on F.A. to just win now.

That has worked well for the Redskins hasn't it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":61er365d said:
TheLegendOfBoom":61er365d said:
Coaches are fired based on Wins and Losses.

They are not fired by, "We really are a such and such record."

Gimme a break.

If the Seahawks are according to some a 6-3 team, the same can be said for other teams. Those other teams are really "undefeated..." blah blah blah.

Whatever your reason is, the team is young and whatever, the truth is, coaches do not get that luxury in saying, "my team is young, so you shouldn't fire me cause I have a losing record."

The truth all teams try to be young, talented and cheap.

But not all teams can be, and those that aren't, generally have coaches on hot seats.

With the Hawks appearing to be destined for new ownership, you can bet the pending owner is carefully watching the product on the field and not thinking, they're losing because they are "too young."

In the NFL, if you don't field a collective cohesive talent, either all young, all veterans, or both, you're not gonna win consistently and your coach will probably no longer be your coach at the end of the season.

In this league, you need talented players, either they are talented young, talented veterans and talented coaches to consistently win. The Seahawks are clearly lacking in all these areas which makes them exactly what their record is. Nothing more and nothing less.

So if you don't win right away you fire the coach, and then end up like the Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, Bills, etc.

Great philosophy. Teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Packers, and you can look at the Cheifs as well sticking with Reid. are successful letting a staff build a team and supplementing pieces as needed. We are 4 - 5 and had a hell of a first half schedule and rebuilding, oops don't rebuild can't ever rebuild have to spend money on F.A. to just win now.

That has worked well for the Redskins hasn't it.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams in this league who are better than their record, mainly because of losing a lot of games they should have won. And are there plenty of teams who are not as good as their record, due to a crap schedule.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1qmo5o6w said:
West TX Hawk":1qmo5o6w said:
Whether scheme or lack of WR talent or issues with Russ, our passing attack needs changes.

I'm thinking that Russ is beginning to slip in his skills. Yes...I know that he had a perfect game two games ago, but I'm not liking what I saw today. That final pass of the game on 4th down was way over Lockett's head....he used to be "dead on" in the past.

Dude was planning on running moving full speed to the LOS, spotted Lockett at the last second and overthrew him. That should not be even close to "loss of skills" issue. Almost no one makes that throw. Especially 4th down with seconds to play. Gotta rein in the expectations. Wilson has missed plenty of those throws over the years, you just remember this one because it was crucial to the final nail in the coffin.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny how people act like that was some easy throw while running forward to avoid a sack, and a corner right there. But I guess Russ is the only one who misses receivers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kwdf9vu said:
Funny how people act like that was some easy throw while running forward to avoid a sack, and a corner right there. But I guess Russ is the only one who misses receivers.

Not an easy throw at all........but a throw Russ has made, can make and SHOULD make if he thinks of himself as an elite QB in this league, and he'd tell you the same.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Despite the record, I am more encouraged than discouraged this year. The Seahawks used to have the worst running game in the league and now they have the best.. The best years were when they had a top 5 running game... The last 2 years the Hawks neither had a top running game or a top defense. Now they have a top running game and Pete's specialty is defense. I would imagine the Hawks will have more cap space and draft ammunition to fix the defense in the future... not to mention you can count on future development of the young dline and secondary.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm with your Largent, he usually does make that throw. Been a strange season overall, especially not finishing in all these losses.