Beating Green Bay is everything

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":r4avgzyk said:
Bigpumpkin":r4avgzyk said:
I was listening to Pete this morning as he was discussing why the injured players were held out as well as when they might play again. One thing is becoming clear....today's players are of a different mind set than those of the '50's and '60's. The players of that era played with major pain. Listening to Pete, I get the impression that if a player says he is "hurting" ….he is held out. This game with Green Bay is a "must win"....if this team desires to make the Playoffs.

I feel they are protecting Carson too much. First it was benching him because he looked tired. Now they’re holding him out with this hip/groin issue. Every time Carson gets the ball, he seems to run hard and maximizes his opportunities. Let him grind though it if he’s willing. He was running well against SD right up until they decided to take him out of the game.
No! Wrong! You don't mess around with a groin--those can be career enders.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1exgtrrc said:
hawknation2018":1exgtrrc said:
Bigpumpkin":1exgtrrc said:
I was listening to Pete this morning as he was discussing why the injured players were held out as well as when they might play again. One thing is becoming clear....today's players are of a different mind set than those of the '50's and '60's. The players of that era played with major pain. Listening to Pete, I get the impression that if a player says he is "hurting" ….he is held out. This game with Green Bay is a "must win"....if this team desires to make the Playoffs.

I feel they are protecting Carson too much. First it was benching him because he looked tired. Now they’re holding him out with this hip/groin issue. Every time Carson gets the ball, he seems to run hard and maximizes his opportunities. Let him grind though it if he’s willing. He was running well against SD right up until they decided to take him out of the game.
No! Wrong! You don't mess around with a groin--those can be career enders.

Maybe you’re right. Carroll said Carson is healthy this week.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":29snu312 said:
I'd love to beat the Pack this week but I see things different. This is a clear rebuild year and there are no "must wins" IMO. This season is best served to figure out who stays and who goes as we build deeper and deeper talent. Seeing signs of life from Penny and getting Wilson running again was enough for Sunday IMO. We may still need to weed out guys like KJ and we definitely need to shore up the defensive side of the ball before we worry about making waves in the playoffs IMO.

I see it this way as well. I'm much more interested in seeing the young guys develop and figure out what holes in starting position and depth that need to be addressed this off season. We're competitive this year which is more than many of us expected. I'll take that!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawks have the highest winning % in prime time games since 2010.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1062122890424836097[/tweet]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Make no mistake about it. The playoffs start for us this Thursday. MUST WIN.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
1-0 every week. Championship game mentality.

I'm glad Pete and his team hate losing more than some fans seem to. If you are throwing in the towel then don't play. Sport is too brutal not to try to win every week. If the players at all sense the FO is just trying to prepare for next year, you've lost the locker room and trust of the team right there. I'm not selling out each week when the FO isn't trying to win.

This isn't baseball or basketball. Guys careers end in a blink of the eye. No way you are going to mail it in.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It was everything before the last two games. Now it doesn't do a whole lot except probably keep the Packers at home in January too.

This team has the look and feel of an 8-8 team and it has since August. Not much has changed from that.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1690vka1 said:
It was everything before the last two games. Now it doesn't do a whole lot except probably keep the Packers at home in January too.

This team has the look and feel of an 8-8 team and it has since August. Not much has changed from that.
When Pete took over our team in 2010, the D gave up 407 points that year. They went 7-9 with Hass at QB.
The next year, the team allowed 315 points for the year. Again they went 7-9. TJ was our QB.
It was easy to see an improvement over the prior year.
I think it is easy to see improvement this year over last year, especially in the run game. It has taken a few years to get it rocking. I believe Pete can fix a D in a couple of years and we still have a ways to go, but I like the guy in charge of fixing it.

hawks85

Reaction score
We could win out. The way we played yesterday is enough to beat EVERYBODY except the Rams...For now. Winning out isnt out of the question and with all the home games its very very possible. Chiefs play here on Dec.23rd that's arguably our toughest game.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
We have been here before under Carroll.

In 2015, the Seahawks had a 4-5 record and were coming off a demoralizing 39-32 loss to Arizona (at home, no less).

Lynch was injured and basically done. Graham (our recent big trade acquisition) was IR'd with a career-threatening injury. Paul Richardson, our high draft prospect, was IR'd. Rawls, our replacement RB, had to be IR'd. Kam Chancellor was injured. The offensive line was bad all year, having failed to replace Unger or Carpenter.

They managed to go 6-1 in those final seven games and made the playoffs, primarily because Russell Wilson refused to let them lose when their backs were against the wall.

Fast forward to 2018, Wilson appears to be hitting his stride. The offensive line and running game are much better than they were in 2015. The play calling is much better. The red zone scoring is immensely better. They have a chance to set a new high for scoring during the Carroll Era. I'm excited to see if Wilson can once again find a way to will them to victory down the stretch.

Seymour

Reaction score
Scrap that idea, no comparison to our 2015 season. We had the #1 scoring defense in 2015 along with 8 all pro's that took us to a round 2 exit. :roll:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well at least we are playing a team that is more banged up than we are. What did Chuck knox say? It's not who you play but when you play them?

I think we are getting GB at a good time with their secondary, OL and QB all a bit gimpy.

It's definitely the first of a string of "must-wins". I'm always all in until that 7th loss, so the team has little wiggle room given they have to face GB, CAR, MIN and KC and only lose one of those.

Jac

Reaction score
I think it's an important game to understand where they stack up in their rebuild cycle. The last three losses are against two teams at the peak of their "win now" cycles. And even then, both those Rams games were there for the taking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawks85":39ug1zj1 said:
We could win out. The way we played yesterday is enough to beat EVERYBODY except the Rams...For now. Winning out isnt out of the question and with all the home games its very very possible. Chiefs play here on Dec.23rd that's arguably our toughest game.

But we played the same way against the Chargers, and it wasn't enough to beat them...........at home.

The only thing the last two games is proving is that this team is not talented enough to make mistakes. Pick sixes, strip sacks, lack of execution when it matters most.

The margin of error is too thin for us to overcome these things against good teams. Say what you want about the Packers, they ALWAYS play us tough and know how to defend Russell and our offense. So expect another grind of a game. Especially if our front four continues to not get pressure, Rodgers is going to look just like Rivers and Goff picking us apart.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, we are gonna' get that Dub on Thursday. Only to have people tell us that we only won because the Pack isn't good and/or are injured. :2thumbs:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
In my eyes, both teams can win this game. I think we have the potential to win coming off a loss and bringing back in Carson. I believe our feet are still a little on the wet side but the potential is great for a win. We have ok line offensively and can make a run after this game....but first, I prefer the lets go 1-0. So a win is possible...lets do this.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm going to vomit if the Packers win in our house. Erin Rodgers can go cry on the plane ride home and blame another teammate for their loss.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We’re going to run the ball down their ugly puke green throats and shove it up their snot cheese noses.