OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":207bmo5j said:
semiahmoo":207bmo5j said:
Whispers say Bill Gates is interested.

Would be a nice gesture to the guy who was at his side during the building of an empire days.

We shall see.

Got a link?

“Whispers” like these should include one.

Much like the whispers, the link too is silent.

hawks85

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Paul's daughter or whoever is running it now will have the final say, and I'm pretty sure they won't allow a jerry jones type person near the franchise. And if Jerry Jones is interested then he and his screwed up grill need to stay in Texas and keep drinking that well water.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope Hansen has a interest, one other person not mentioned yet is Mark Cuban, he has been chomping at the bit to own a NFL team, he treats hos players great but is very hands on and involved, not sure we want that type of guy. We already had Al Davis in Ken Behring, Davis knew football inside and out and has the Championships to prove it as well as wins against the NFL in court and forced the AFL/ NFL merger, was a commissioner also. Knock him if you like but he knew the game from the field to the highest office in the league.

Behring knew how to sell shit, that's the end of his expertise.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
TreeRon":xzij3czp said:
If 2 million people ponied up $1000.00 we could raise $2 billion.
Could we get 2 million Oregonians, Washingtonians, Idahoans and a few Montanians ?

For sure there could be a group put together of majority owners and sell it a la the Green Bay Packers to a conglomerate. If Bill Gates ponied up an amount, as well as a few other prominent Seattlites, certainly that $2 billion would be easy to come up with.

And I'm sure a ton of folks would be "in" for a couple thousand each. I would be for sure.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seymour":pynd5xhy said:
Sounds like some clarity about the future of the Seahawks is coming to light. We don't have any time frame yet, but I'd be surprised if this takes more than 2 years myself.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...aul-allen-foundation-team-to-stay-in-seattle/

Some clarity as to the future ownership of the Seahawks was revealed via an NFL.com report Sunday morning. It said the team is expected to be sold by Paul Allen’s estate with proceeds going to his foundation, and the team staying in Seattle.

Allen’s sister, Jody, has taken a more visible role with the team since Allen’s death on Oct. 15, with Allen’s good friend, Bert Kolde, the vice chairman of the team, retaining his role.

[ GameCenter | Live updates, highlights from Seahawks-Rams » ]

The report states that no sale is imminent, but a succession plan was filed with the NFL, as required. The plan detailed the likely course of events and noted that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said the team will remain in Seattle.

Huh? 2 years? The Panthers were sold in less than 90 days.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
His sister Jody is not selling in 90 days. I'd be surprised if it happened in under 6 months.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seymour":5f2459a4 said:
His sister Jody is not selling in 90 days. I'd be surprised if it happened in under 6 months.

The Panthers sale was finilized in July agreement was reached in 90 days. NFL teams sell quickly.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.

Rat

Reaction score
Has Mark Cuban ever shown interest in having an NFL team? That would be awesome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":54qqmw76 said:
I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.

She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Rat":jes3qbvc said:
Has Mark Cuban ever shown interest in having an NFL team? That would be awesome.

I don't think so actually. Cuban is pretty hands on. I think the best NFL owners are hands off. They let the guys who've been coaching/managing football run the show.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
The NFL forbids religious groups, governments, and non-profit organizations owning a team. The NFL forbids ownership groups of over 24 people or any publicly traded corporations from purchasing NFL teams; one team, the Green Bay Packers, is exempt from this under a grandfather clause and is owned by shareholders.
Wikipedia

bigskydoc

Reaction score
On the positive side, there is a good chance we will end up with a better runout song.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
There is a very interesting situation with Carroll coming up as well. Figured I'd post this here, but Pete wants to coach to age 72 (5 more years) yet his contract is up after next season.

Would Jody extend him? Did Paul write in his will his preference on Pete and extending him?

Do they have to leave him unsigned because of potential sale?? (very well could be)

If Pete and John are not going to be here, can they even sign Wilson to a huge extension?

A lot of questions right now with this team and staff.

This article was written in January 2018 so 2 seasons = this and next.

He has two years remaining on his contract. In two seasons, he will be at a career crossroads. That is one of the only decisions Allen will weigh in for: At age 68, will Carroll be worthy by the end of the 2019 season for another contract to continue what up to know has been the most sustained run of championship-level success the Seahawks have ever known? Will Carroll indeed fulfill what he told me in the summer of 2014, in the middle of the back-to-back Super Bowls, was his desire: to coach 10 more years, through age 72? Or does he want to spend more than just the limited football offseason weeks at his part-time home Haleiwa, on Oahu’s north shore in Hawaii?

Or will Allen decide, with Schneider having two years left at least in Seattle, that Carroll’s magic has run its course, that’s it’s time for a new era? By then, the roster of core Seahawks that got to those Super Bowls in the 2013 and ‘14 seasons--Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, K.J. Wright, Doug Baldwin, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor--will all be over 30 years old, or gone from the team if not the league, or both.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/spor...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article195089754.html

chawx

Reaction score
TreeRon":2otkzp3a said:
If 2 million people ponied up $1000.00 we could raise $2 billion.
Could we get 2 million Oregonians, Washingtonians, Idahoans and a few Montanians ?

Add this Utahn to the list. I'll buy 2 shares!

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1117ld00 said:
chris98251":1117ld00 said:

She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.

Why I said it isn't about the money, she is charged with fulfilling his wishes as executor I believe, the Seahawks are one of his projects she needs to handle, that would be doing it as he wanted it to be handled, selling to a local guy who won't move and probably has a like minded philosophy as well.

He saved the team, I doubt he would want a Putz like Schultz to walk in or Behring and destroy what he built. Why I think Jody is going to be very discriminating about who the buyer is.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
sdog1981":3eie7fx8 said:
Seymour":3eie7fx8 said:

The Panthers sale was finilized in July agreement was reached in 90 days. NFL teams sell quickly.

Huh? 2 years? The Panthers were sold in less than 90 days.
The Panthers deal was a BS forced fire sale. The team didn't go to the top bids. The league forced the owner to sell quickly and to a "PC" owner. I don't see that happening here. What about Jeff Bezos? Didn't he begin Amazon in Seattle? He could purchase the team with his couch money and he may be the most cut throat competitive billionaire CEO around not to mention the worlds wealthiest.