Oddsmakers 16-1 that Laveon Bell comes to Seattle

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
We could buy two speed rushers for that. No thanks. We have running backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":1sumfbtx said:
LudwigsDrummer":1sumfbtx said:
strohmin":1sumfbtx said:
If John makes a stupid move like this, then it would be the end of this regmie for sure. We never get value from high profile players.
Was Marshawn high profile?

Actually he really wasn't until after he got here and pulled off a Beastquake and Super Bowl side show. The 12's actually helped cement him into history.

His first two years showed promise but that third was trash and he seemed checked out. It was not high profile though, more like, "see if Pete can touch his heart".

Bell wouls totally be higher profile and less head rehab.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'd like to see him go to Buffalo or Cleveland, but I don't think Cleveland would trade Chubb. Chubb is a badass. It still wouldn't surprise me to see Chucky drop money on him to lure Bell to the Raiders. I HIGHLY doubt he comes to Seattle.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, let's go get another high priced, disgruntled "pro-bowler."

:sarcasm_off:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The only way he's coming to Seattle, is on an away game from whatever team picks him up.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah no way he signs with Seattle and I wouldn't want he to, but he's really freaking good.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to it if he came at a decent price. I'm not saying Carson is injury prone, but I'd be happy to see a Bell+Penny+Carson combo -- but only if we can get Bell for a great price. And with our Offensive line as good as it is now, imagine a player like Bell wrecking havoc. That would truly be a sight to see.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":chbt9ug1 said:
No chance he comes to Seattle. Zero

Agreed. The mere mention of it is silly in my opinion.

lobohawk

Reaction score
This illustrates the media's lack of knowledge than anything else.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The fact that he's not treating his teammates very well (e.g. not returning their texts) doesn't help his case, either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seems like a really lazy prediction.

"Seattle likes to run the ball, therefore Seattle is a good place for Bell to land." Sure, don't take into account that we already have 3-4 backs that can be productive, AND we just spent a #1 pick on a back that costs 1/10th of what having to pay Bell would cost.

Good fit? Absolutely. Likely with needing all the cap space we can muster to build out defense back up? No.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bell is a great talent and the way he runs limits the big hits he takes. I don't think he is a guy who will be on his way out of the league early and will likely be top 5 in the league for awhile.

That said, he wants big time $$$ at a position teams don't pay out. Conner proved their system can essentially plug and go. I could see him being a great fit on the Texans or Colts, I just doubt he will get offers he wants after sitting out the year. League is moving away from running the ball (with obvious outlier being the Seahawks) and he is looking for top WR money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":2wynlbqa said:
Bell is a great talent and the way he runs limits the big hits he takes. I don't think he is a guy who will be on his way out of the league early and will likely be top 5 in the league for awhile.

That said, he wants big time $$$ at a position teams don't pay out. Conner proved their system can essentially plug and go. I could see him being a great fit on the Texans or Colts, I just doubt he will get offers he wants after sitting out the year. League is moving away from running the ball (with obvious outlier being the Seahawks) and he is looking for top WR money.

I think a team with a lot of cap space and wants to have a physical run game like the Jets, Browns, Titans, Colts, etc will offer him a nice contract. I don't think it will be a Gurley type record breaking contract, but certainly big by RB standards.

Bell has too much personal and suspension baggage to warrant getting more than Gurley. But he's only 26, so someone's going to pay him..........a lot.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope we learned something from Harvin and Graham, these kind of players never fulfill the vision your expect from them when you sign them.