Seattle the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL.

Seafan

Reaction score
I read that thread on twitter and some joker said it means Seattle has no lead back. Carson is in the top 10 with 580 yards. With Seattle's extremely physical style of running it means they are taking care of their backs by sharing the work load. Any of these three guys is capable of being a feature back and gaining 1000 yards.

Alex Collins has carried the ball 30 more times than Davis but only has 20 more yards averaging 3.7 to Mike's 4.5 ypc. I'll take Davis any day.

Saquan Barkley averages a little less than Carson per carry and has just 6 more yards than him with three more carries. If the Hawks had actually run the ball the first two games of the season Carson would clearly be in the top 5 and the Hawks would likely be in better playoff position.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":h65vzlxn said:
getnasty":h65vzlxn said:
GeekHawk":h65vzlxn said:
dopeboy206":h65vzlxn said:
They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawd. How many times do we have to see how badly Madden and fantasy football have ruined people's ability to just enjoy football?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

People have running backs in fantasy football

Actually, I completely agree. The reason I don’t play fantasy football is because the one year I did, I didn’t enjoy the sport for the game it is. I was watching it for stats, and rooting against teams I liked. It felt dirty.

This is actually my first year playing FF, and it's quite the opposite for me. I used to exclusively watch only Seahawks games but I'm learning about other teams easier and getting more into football/players, and finding out how much I actually love it. I'm always going to have a soft spot in my heart for the Seahawks as a team, but I'm liking specific players from other teams and their athletic ability enough to watch other teams play as well.

lobohawk

Reaction score
During Pete’s tenure, the Hawks have never been setup for a passing game. They’ve been able to pull it off at times, but the personnel was for other parts (running & D). The increased passing attempts didn’t mean they were a passing team. Rather they couldn’t run any longer and they began reaching for anything via the passing game. A bad spot to find yourself. Built for off-roading, but in a drag race.

Wilson has never really been put in the position of leading a passing offense and may never. That’s ok and I’m guessing he doesn’t care either, if they’re still winning. So it’s a stretch to say he can only be a game manager etc. If he’s a game manager, it’s because he buys in and does what’s asked. I’m sure he would be quite adept in the Rams, Chiefs, Saints offenses.

It’s a beautiful thing to see their run game. Now I’m just waiting for the passing game to mature. Not go volume per se, but be cleaner. Those seemingly effortless 5-15yrd plays that wilt a D. It’ll happen....and sooner than later since the run game success provides higher baseline for the whole O.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Can you imagine how impossible it would have been to beat this team with this year's run offense and previous year's dominant defense?

Here's the good news- we're a dominant defense away from winning a SB, and I would have put money that finding a dominant running game would have been the harder aspect.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
People need to think outside the box. Last week, Fitzpatrick threw for around 400 yards and the Buccaneers put up minimal points. Because great football is about efficiency

Russ is an efficient QB, and yes he is consistent. Even if Aaron Rodgers was in this offense, it would be amazing because defenses still have to account for the pass. Same with Russ, and unlike Rodgers Russ is more dangerous with his legs which helps the run game.

It’s like Steph Curry in basketball, or Lebron. They may not jack up a million shots, but they’re efficient and their mere presence changes the entire offense, same for Russ.

And yes, Russ is consistent. No QB is absolutely consistent for all 4 quarters. If they were they’d throw 4-5 TDs with an 80% completion rate every game

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This running game has changed the entire team. We don't need Russ throwing the ball 35+ times in a game. Better to have 20-25 passes a game to go with 175+ rushing yards imo. It opens up the pass so much, let alone him rolling out and deciding to run if needed.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":895j0day said:
This running game has changed the entire team. We don't need Russ throwing the ball 35+ times in a game. Better to have 20-25 passes a game to go with 175+ rushing yards imo. It opens up the pass so much, let alone him rolling out and deciding to run if needed.

Yup, just ask Matt Stanford. That describes his career almost exactly.