I believe all games went our way today.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Panthers-L
Viks-L
Atl-L
Skins-L
Eagles-L

We win next week and we are looking real good. If we also get another gift week where all our comps for wildcard crap the bed, and we start to look super good.

Don't get me wrong, we still have 3 tough games, but after I watched the viks and panthers play today I'm not near as Skrrrrd.

We can do this. I would Looooooove to see the rams in the playoffs. Third time is the charm.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
johnnyfever":j16tijlr said:
Panthers-L
Viks-L
Atl-L
Skins-L
Eagles-L

We win next week and we are looking real good. If we also get another gift week where all our comps for wildcard crap the bed, and we start to look super good.

Don't get me wrong, we still have 3 tough games, but after I watched the viks and panthers play today I'm not near as Skrrrrd.

We can do this. I would Looooooove to see the rams in the playoffs. Third time is the charm.

Its not often that everything breaks our way in a given weekend.

The path to the playoffs got a lot clearer this week. Just have to put some big wins together down the stretch!!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Indeed it seems that way. The Seahawks must now do their part and crush a reeling Panthers team and an underperforming Vikings team.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
They are imploding on the panthers forum. Fire everyone, put a fork in it, russ is a magician etc. Makes me nervous when it seems too easy. We will probably win all our hard games and lose the last 2 to knock us out.

To be honest though, I had us at 9-7 with high hopes for next year. The way we are playing is better than I had expectations for, and wasn't seeing a playoff spot in our cards, so I'm pretty happy looking good for a chance.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
johnnyfever":zxdeikjf said:
Also, that bears pass rush is no joke, we need some of that.

Sure but they are paying big money for it. It's hard to pay for both a QB and a pass rush in today's game. Hence teams with awesome defenses seem to have QB's on rookie contracts or crappy JAG QB's.

But here's hoping we can sign Frank and develop Martin and Green.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":13o9s62t said:
Indeed it seems that way. The Seahawks must now do their part and crush a reeling Panthers team and an underperforming Vikings team.

:ditto:

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see this in week 11. I remember too many seasons where the last weekend we were all hoping for 5 or 6 games around the league to go the right way to sneak into the wild card slot. It almost never worked out IIRC.

Some tough games yet to play, but this weekend helped a ton. We're pretty close to controlling our own destiny.

:snack:

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
GeekHawk said:
I've said it in other threads, but...

We're running the table and going 11-5. Maker my words![/ :mrgreen: quote]

And not once but twice in this thread for good measure! :eek:

doso

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1wqb5k76 said:
I've said it in other threads, but...

We're running the table and going 11-5. Maker my words!

Agreed! Believe...

sdog1981

Reaction score
They did. You don't have to include the Eagles anymore they or the Cowboys will win the NFC East since the Redskins season ended today.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
IF, a great big IF, we can stay healthy and keep getting better at running the ball right down other teams throats, we may very well run the table and finish the season as one of the best, hitting on all cylinders, overall teams going into the playoffs.

Health, health, health, I can't say it enough as it will be the difference between us doing really well or not.

Just to add, a solid shove it down their throat running game will let Russell do his magic game after game, always has, always will.

The results from today went a long way to help make it all happen, but the bottom line is we have to take care of business first and foremost.

GO HAWKS!!!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

But for us to win out, we'll need our Defense to step up with more consistency. We can certainly score points, and command the clock with the running game. But if we can't stop offenses like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Saints, we could be one-and-done when and if we make it to the playoffs since two of these offenses are NFC.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Given the rough start we had and tempered expectations entering the season, the fact we have a serious chance now is beyond exciting. If we beat Carolina, that path is wider and there for the taking.

You have to really hand it to Pete in that he almost always has his teams peaking late and completely reformed from earlier struggles. I'm betting he can do it again here.