Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Not this year.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20lf3y11 said:
I am what I am. And it's just a fan site, don't really care who likes or dislikes me. If we met in person and had a beer, you'd find out I'm a good dude. But, I'm fully aware that I exaggerate often.
And the Rams worship is strong worldwide :lol:
But, if you haven't seen people crowning them champs even before the season, I'm not sure what you're reading or listening to. Plenty of people have been crowning them all year. Plus, I hate them, so I'm naturally going to exaggerate :stirthepot:

I said it's all good. But yes, you do exaggerate and strawman your ass off. It's your jam.

The Rams are a great team, they're 9-1, and they were pre-season favorites with talent all over the roster. So why wouldn't they be talked about getting to the SB?

No one's crowned them anything, so if you're reading into that or hearing the praise and thinking that's what's going on, that's on you. Saints, Chiefs and Rams, those are the heavy favorites......and as of now rightly so.

uncle fester

Reaction score
As Jammer and others have said already, I think it hinges on the Carolina and Minny games. Win against Carolina and it’s looking very optimistic. Beating the Vikes after that would mean popping the corks on an unbelievable rebuild/retool season.

If a wildcard spot is achieved, somebody somewhere has to give Pete and this Coaching staff an award for the mountain that would’ve been climbed by that point.

kf3339

Reaction score
First, I will say that this has been a very enjoyable year so far! We have shown huge improvement on our running game even though our passing game seems to have taken a step backwards.

Our defense is young and learning. Our pass rush is still a work in progress, but am really encouraged by what Reed has shown on the interior of our line. Even Jefferson and Shamar have been good against the pass. Not in sacks, but definitely getting pressure on the QB. You see it every game! Our secondary still needs work, but that was expected. Perhaps with Thomas we would be stronger, but that isn't happening the rest of this season.

All in all a very fun season to watch.

But I voted no for this year. We are going to lose 2 of the three with the stronger teams (Panthers, Vikings, Chiefs) and may even have a hickup with either the Niners or Cardinals. More than likely at the Niners.

I put us down with a 9-7 record before the season, and sticking to that prediction. But I'm very hopeful for next year!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Get this win over Carolina and I think we do get in the playoffs. Especially with 4 home games in December.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think we squeak in. I'm just not sure we want to... Might be better to get a better draft pick?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":od17phwd said:
I think we squeak in. I'm just not sure we want to... Might be better to get a better draft pick?
lol. thanks for posting

MAKE THE GOD DAMN PLAYOFFS. SCREW TANKING.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35chnx2x said:
Get this win over Carolina and I think we do get in the playoffs. Especially with 4 home games in December.

I think we'll need a win over Carolina and the Vikings, both have better records so if we lose we don't get in with any sort of tiebreaker.

Already probably have to get to 10-6, so I fear losing to either team puts us on the outside looking in. Unless we can pull off a win at home against the Chiefs and either Carolina and/or the Vikings lose 3 of 5 games.............which is very possible, both of them have a tough schedule.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yksb0gf said:
pittpnthrs":2yksb0gf said:
SoulfishHawk":2yksb0gf said:
And the Rams worship continues, even w/very little defense, and on a Hawks page. :?
Saints are gonna' thump them in the playoffs.

Go Hawks

I had to read the thread again, but who or where did you get somebody worshipping the Rams from Soul? I dont think anybody is worshipping them or have claimed they are the heavy favorites to win it all.

Soulfish is the king of the strawman statements, he throws out a narrative no one here believes in order to defend his beloved Hawks.

I think it's cute, it's grown on me. Don't you ever change Soulfish!

I wouldn't mind a change. Not since the Traumahawk days of yore have I seen a member of this board post more while saying less.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever man. Why are you taking this personal? I say plenty. I get that you don't like me, but you know nothing about me. But, I'll gladly bow out if I'm such a horrible poster. Montana been an ass to me for a long while now, for no good reason. Whatever makes you feel better. Guess I thought I was welcomed here, clearly not. Have a great holiday.
Go Hawks

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4hdxmz0z said:
Whatever man. Why are you taking this personal? I say plenty. I get that you don't like me, but you know nothing about me. But, I'll gladly bow out if I'm such a horrible poster. You've been an ass to me for a long while now, for no good reason. Whatever makes you feel better. Guess I thought I was welcomed here, clearly not. Have a great holiday.
Go Hawks

No reason to bow out there. He is like that to anyone that questions some of his ridiculous comments. Pretty sure I too am on his ignore list. You'll need to treat him like a delicate flower if you want him to "like you"....but who gives a damn what he thinks?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, doesn't matter. I guess I just didn't realize that people see me as just some guy who posts a bunch of nonsense. Oh well, just a message board, it's not personal. Even if it feels like it today :irishdrinkers:

zetes

Reaction score
Hawks have beaten Carolina before in Carolina and they tend to play them tough, so I see a win this weekend especially after last few weeks where the Panthers have struggled. I also think the Hawks beat the Vikings because it is prime time game in Seattle and probably will be their best game of the year. Since they win these two games - they make the playoffs even with a loss versus KC and another game where they "should" win.
Z.

Seymour

Reaction score
We don't always agree, and can state ours points and move on like men. Not everyone is capable of that. Don't worry....It's not about you it's about them IMO. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Word. On another note, I want this win so effin bad on Sunday. There is no player in any sport I dislike more than Cam Newton. For many reasons that don't even need to be mentioned. Mainly the temper tantrums when something goes wrong, directly after dancing around like he cured a disease after a 1st down. Annoying AF. Such a leader

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL.....well Scam will be all prissied up for you and ready to go I think. :twisted: :lol:

ComplicatedUntimelyHorsemouse size restricted

jlwaters1

Reaction score
If we win Carolina in Carolina I think we win out and go 11-5 with the 5th seed.
Worst case assuming we win Carolina is 10-6 IMO. which again I think seals the deal for the 5th seed.

This weekend is a big deal. Win that and things will clear up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a pretty boy. When my wife and I were on the sidelines for a Carolina game, he walked by us. He is one huge dude, looks more like a linebacker than a QB. Same thing when we saw Donovan McNabb up close, huge. Can't stand him, but physically he is a load to bring down. Has a cannon for an arm, luckily his accuracy is pretty weak and his decision making is iffy when the game is on the line.

toffee

Reaction score
A deep into playoff would be my wet dream come true, if just to flipper a finger at Sherman, and ET3s of the world. Sherman proclaimed that Hawks has LOST her ways, etc., etc., Not knowing or admitting he and his buds are why the team under performed.

LTH

Reaction score
This is a championship run! No reason to believe any other way... They are going to win out the rest of the season...

M