Wild Card Chances......

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pmedic920":ol7w3g2u said:
Well, not a bad day for our SEAHAWKS.....

......and we didn’t even take the field.

GoHawks.

:irishdrinkers:

Seahawks can clinch a playoff berth merely by beating the 49ers and Cardinals (who are locked in a battle for the bottom).

They can clinch the playoffs less than one week from today if they beat the Vikings and 49ers.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2a58pybh said:
95% chance of making the playoffs. Even eight wins would be enough to make the playoffs in >50% of scenarios this year.

Just a week and a half ago there were fans arguing that a loss to Minnesota would likely end our playoff chances.

Now suddenly our game tomorrow is just for seeding purposes. Seattle and Minnesota will be the two wildcard teams.

Feels pretty great. Just have to make sure we take care of business in the games we are supposed to.

knownone

Reaction score
The interesting thing to note is if the Bears lose tonight, even if we beat the Vikings tomorrow, there is still a strong chance the Vikings win their division and we meet them in the first round.

The Vikings play in Detroit and home for both Chicago and Miami. Assuming the Bears lose to the Rams (not a given), they only need to lose to Green Bay at home for the final game in Minnesota to be for the division.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hawkpower":yqksuvro said:
hawknation2018":yqksuvro said:
95% chance of making the playoffs. Even eight wins would be enough to make the playoffs in >50% of scenarios this year.

Just a week and a half ago there were fans arguing that a loss to Minnesota would likely end our playoff chances.

Now suddenly our game tomorrow is just for seeding purposes. Seattle and Minnesota will be the two wildcard teams.

Feels pretty great. Just have to make sure we take care of business in the games we are supposed to.

There were also people claiming the Seahawks playoff chances were over after the Chargers game. Those people are dramatists. All year, there has been a good chance to make the playoffs with nine wins. Now, it is a virtual certainty.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
knownone":3biwzg5p said:
The interesting thing to note is if the Bears lose tonight, even if we beat the Vikings tomorrow, there is still a strong chance the Vikings win their division and we meet them in the first round.

The Vikings play in Detroit and home for both Chicago and Miami. Assuming the Bears lose to the Rams (not a given), they only need to lose to Green Bay at home for the final game in Minnesota to be for the division.

Yeah, that would be a worst-case scenario. Would much rather face the Cowboys or Bears than the Vikings.

justafan

Reaction score
hawknation2018":ucushucj said:
knownone":ucushucj said:

Yeah, that would be a worst-case scenario. Would much rather face the Cowboys or Bears than the Vikings.

Agreed. Epecially after we put a whoopin on them tomorrow. I would love a rematch with the bears.

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm just wishing to wrap up a playoff spot before week 17 so we can rest guys the last week of the regular season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1l7ajo25 said:
nutluck":1l7ajo25 said:
If the hawks win 4 of the next 6 which I think is very possible and one of those wins are against the vikings. Then I think there is a very good chance the Seahawks it in as a wild card, if they win 5 or 6 of the next 6 games and I think they are in. I just see the wild card teams in the NFC being 9-7 is all it will take. Having the head to head over the Packers, Cowboys, and then Vikings will go a long way to securing a wild card.

We won't need head to head over Packers or Vikings since they have ties in their record.

The crucial game is Carolina. Need a head to head over them. Beat them and the matches against Arizona and SF, and we likely get a 6 seed. Beat them and Vikings and we'll likely get a 5th seed.

But one game at a time.

I think this post hit the nail on the head. Carolina victory moved us into the WC spot and beating the Vikings will likely mean the 5 seed.

hawks85

Reaction score
Well this also means if the everything goes well we will meet the Rams for the third time. THIS time we will win.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3gjcboyg said:
knownone":3gjcboyg said:

I don't want any part of on the road at Chicago in the playoffs. Look what they did to the Rams in cold weather and Sea has never won at Chi in the playoffs. Much prefer Dallas in the 1st round.

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawks are going to win out this is a championship run!

LTH

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawks85":2v24qxma said:
Well this also means if the everything goes well we will meet the Rams for the third time. THIS time we will win.

Although I wouldn’t have a ton of confidence, I think it’s statistically in our favor.
I’m thinking it’s pretty hard for any team (x)to beat team (y) 3 times in one season.

Easily I could be wrong.

Edit:
Did a little research, turns out that I am wrong on this thought.
From what I did read, it’s about a 70/30 split in favor of the team that already won twice.
I did find out that it’s a VERY common misconception, it’s even a statement that many “talking heads” make in print/video , probably where I got the idea from.
Prime example of “do you own research”, just because you hear and regurgitate something, doesn’t make it the truth.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
pmedic920":2anlzkag said:
hawks85":2anlzkag said:

Although I wouldn’t have a ton of confidence, I think it’s statistically in our favor.
I’m thinking it’s pretty hard for any team (x)to beat team (y) 3 times in one season.

Easily I could be wrong.

I'm not sure I sign up to that notion. If a team beats another team twice, I'd favour them in a 3rd matchup as they might simply be a better team. What Seattlehave going for them is that they played them close in both games. In both games however they did not demonstrate they could finish against a high quality opponent, and I know if a matchup happened in the playoffs I'd still doubt they could get over the hump praying they could prove me wrong in such a high pressure environment. Coming of age sort of game perhaps....

knownone

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1m3ma24c said:
hawknation2018":1m3ma24c said:
knownone":1m3ma24c said:

I don't want any part of on the road at Chicago in the playoffs. Look what they did to the Rams in cold weather and Sea has never won at Chi in the playoffs. Much prefer Dallas in the 1st round.
I'm with you. I'm more afraid of the weather than the Bears though.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":9rtbzfdo said:
West TX Hawk":9rtbzfdo said:
hawknation2018":9rtbzfdo said:
knownone":9rtbzfdo said:

I'm with you. I'm more afraid of the weather than the Bears though.

Running teams are built for the bad weather, thats why running teams are successful in the later part of the year. If you played where it gets cold you know the ball is harder and it's more difficult to catch and throw, slicker also with rain and snow. When you have a back that secuires the ball well it's hand off and let the big boys do their thing. Eats clock, eats yards and demoralizes passing teams.

seabowl

Reaction score
pmedic920":35j9rpzj said:
hawks85":35j9rpzj said:

Easily I could be wrong.

Rams beat us 3 times in I think 2004.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
It was kind ugly but always nice to win the ugly ones. (unless it's closing time)

A win is a win is a win - and we won.