Best chance for a loss: At San Francisco?

Chapow

Reaction score
Seems to me like it probably takes a lot of mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion that we are more likely to lose to a really bad team than a really good team.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":tpux2v9z said:
JGfromtheNW":tpux2v9z said:
What a hot take. Apparently we'll lose to a team tied for the worst record in the league at 2-9 and beat a team that's currently sitting at 9-2, the best record in the AFC...

Exactly.

Op, do not go to Vegas. Please.
Well, it depends. Not sure where the line is shaking out right now, but I'd be tempted to say take the Hawks and give the points.

:twisted:

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
sutz":2m8zy9yt said:
Seahawk Sailor":2m8zy9yt said:
JGfromtheNW":2m8zy9yt said:
What a hot take. Apparently we'll lose to a team tied for the worst record in the league at 2-9 and beat a team that's currently sitting at 9-2, the best record in the AFC...

Exactly.

Op, do not go to Vegas. Please.
Well, it depends. Not sure where the line is shaking out right now, but I'd be tempted to say take the Hawks and give the points.

:twisted:

We'll see.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't believe it.
Since the beginning of the 2017 season we have only lost 1 game against a team that finished with less than 6 wins (though the Broncos might add to that), and that was against the Rams - a team that we have historically matched up badly with.
Barring injury we win our games against AZ and SF handily

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
After the 5 mins of the game I watched last night, I expect our game to be "steered" close. Depends on how incompetent the refs want to be tho.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
On top of being ravaged by injuries, the 9ers are in full on tank mode at this point.

Why play your second and third string older guys (who were starting B/C of all the injuries) when you can trot out your late round and UDFA 4th and 5th string young guys, get a longer look on if they'll be worth keeping on the team for depth next year, and lose your way to a higher draft pick in the process?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
On top of being ravaged by injuries, the 9ers are in full on tank mode at this point.

Why play your second and third string older guys (who were starting B/C of all the injuries) when you can trot out your late round and UDFA 4th and 5th string young guys, get a longer look on if they'll be worth keeping on the team for depth next year, and lose your way to a higher draft pick in the process?

sutz

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3anjjn30 said:

Seahawks are in post season mode. 49ers are in pre-season mode. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is too busy bashing Russ, Pete and the front office. Looking forward to his 2-9ers losing to a "middle of the road" team.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The path leading up to The scenario so far is holding true. This is a big game next week because if they win they all but lock up the the 5th seed and can rest players if they want the last week and maybe even two. I hope my original prediction was wrong that they would lose against SF so we'll see.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sutz":19x0plsh said:
Popeyejones":19x0plsh said:

:lol: :lol:

Yep.

Last week they benched three more starters for back of the roster guys.

It's the NFL so anything can happen, but the 9ers winning this one just ain't a thing that's going to happen. :D

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Popeyejones":pe100504 said:
sutz":pe100504 said:
Popeyejones":pe100504 said:

:lol: :lol:

Yep.

Last week they benched three more starters for back of the roster guys.

It's the NFL so anything can happen, but the 9ers winning this one just ain't a thing that's going to happen. :D

They want Nick Bosa. They're going to be "Experimenting" with offensive schemes and looks.

Did anyone watch the game two weeks ago? That team is not beating the Seahawks in December. Anywhere.

94Smith

Reaction score
It should be a closer game then up in Seattle. 49ers just played their best game all year last week. Seahawks are travelling on a short week. If the 49ers limit special teams errors, turnovers, red zone turnovers it could be a lot closer. Mind you Wilson is no Case Keenum and our horrid d could raise it’s ugly head. I am travelling to this game with a Seahawk friend

94Smith

Reaction score
It should be a closer game then up in Seattle. 49ers just played their best game all year last week. Seahawks are travelling on a short week. If the 49ers limit special teams errors, turnovers, red zone turnovers it could be a lot closer. Mind you Wilson is no Case Keenum and our horrid d could raise it’s ugly head. I am travelling to this game with a Seahawk friend

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks won't lose until the playoffs. I am just trying to figure out which matchup on the road will be their undoing.

The NFC is there to be had for the Seahawks. I fear the attrition of playing 3 straight road playoff games, than I do the actual opponents.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Fade":mi4knggf said:
The Seahawks won't lose until the playoffs. I am just trying to figure out which matchup on the road will be their undoing.

The NFC is there to be had for the Seahawks. I fear the attrition of playing 3 straight road playoff games, than I do the actual opponents.

You think if we beat the 9ers and the Cardinals that we'll beat the Chiefs when we don't need the win? Do you think we'll rest players?

I'm not a big fan of resting players but I get the thought behind it, I don't think personally this team will do it. I think Pete won't allow himself to do that.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Fade":8xxiffs2 said:

I have that feeling too. My guts tell me that the Hawks may be eliminated in the divisional round or the NFCCG. But would love to go all the way!!!!

Fade

Reaction score
@Meech Pete doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of resting players. They will play to win all the games down the stretch.

hawks85

Reaction score
seabowl":b3etxqky said:
With 5 games remaining the obvious choices for a possible loss would be the MN game or KC game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's at SF where we have the greatest chance for a loss. Here's the logic: We are home against SF this week and will probably win with somewhat ease. Then we have a HUGE Monday night game against MN that will probably be a victory as well. Then we are off to SF on a short week after a big victory playing s team we beat 2 weeks earlier with this probably being their Superbowl and looking for redemption. Possible letdown game here.

Look I very well could be wrong but we've seen things like this happen many times before. I hope after the MN game they keep their heads on straight and don't play down down competition. Thoughts?
I agree, but with minny playing at 1 and if they lose Seattle is going to be playing with a fire under their ass. They want that playoff spot locked so they can shut up the na sayers and certain media people cough "skippy" cough "sanders"