Don't mind me, just gonna put my elbow here for a minute

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Clark's lucky he didn't get a giving him the business personal foul.

[youtube]3LNJnHPUlaI[/youtube]

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Nah. That was on his upper chest / collarbones. Not a 'trying to hurt him' move, more of a 'domination / stay the hell down' move. This is a big nothingburger, please move along.

Chapow

Reaction score
kidhawk":278uhp0d said:
Chapow":278uhp0d said:
kidhawk":278uhp0d said:
MontanaHawk05":278uhp0d said:
Ha. We'd be excoriating Frank and demanding a fine if he played for the Vikings.

As it should be....fans are supposed to be homers, but that and worse happens all the time under these piles. Rarely ever is anything called.

Right. Under the pile. This was on top of the pile, easily visible, and obvious. Not smart, but he got away with it. He should either try to be a little more discreet or not do stuff like that in the future.

So, you're ok with it as long as you don't see it?

:roll:

No. I'd prefer that players don't do stuff like that, but at the end of the day it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm certainly not going to pretend that I'm all outraged about it. As you yourself pointed out "...worse happens all the time under these piles. Rarely ever is anything called."

ivotuk

Reaction score
strohmin":dot5mooz said:
Same thing Ray Lewis did to Matt Hasselbeck back in 2003 or something.

Actually that was Darnell Dockett. Or was there another game where Lewis did it?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
LargentFan":3sksnhct said:
Yeah, that looks like it's on his chest/collar bone...
But...if it's on his throat, fine his ass and suspend him a game.

It's not that low. Look at it again and pause it when you get a good frame. It's on the lower part of the face mask.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Looks bush league to me. He's lucky he didn't cost the team 15 yards as the play looks to be long past over.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Meh. It looked like he was trying to get up. He just wasn’t in a hurry.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We use that move in Jiu Jitsu all the time. If you're the guy on the bottom, it hurts like hell, and your head isn't going to move until you free your lower body first. You can see him trying to push the defender(s) off and free up his lower body. Hard to tell from the angle, but it sure looks like he's got the forearm right onto the carotid there, with the elbow on the helmet and the wrist on the chest. It's never going to truly choke out a guy, but it hurts, and can make you see stars.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Be careful how you ‘celebrate’ that. I seem to remember being at the Ravens/Seahawks game in Baltimore 2004, their defense did exactly that to our QB. I believe it was Hasselbeck, could have been Dilfer as I know they were both in that game during the last quarter. I have always hated the Ravens for that kind of play. It’s dirty and unnecessary. And it ALWAYS comes full circle.

Smellyman

Reaction score
There was a play in the first where an OL did something similar to Clark. He wasn't going to forget.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think he has holding him down cuz they were in hurry up and we’re about to score their garbage time td .

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":1879ggwc said:
Not very smart IMO. I could easily see a ref calling that either unsportsmanlike conduct or unnecessary roughness. Also probably don't want to develop a reputation for being a dirty player.

But hey, didn't get called so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could have been a retaliatory play, as I noticed some extra nasty, and uncalled for plays committed by a couple Vikings Defenders.
Clark probably got fed up with seeing them get away with it.
Truth is, there's shit like that going on in almost every game...….The name Suh ring any bells?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3esi83dp said:
Pretty sure the Vikings guy was more worried about our other guy who is clearly grabbing his nuts...
Frank didnt choke him or he wouldn't be yelling.
If you listen carefully you'll hear "Ow!! Ow!! Not my nuts!!"

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19ushk42 said:
Clark's lucky he didn't get a giving him the business personal foul.

[youtube]3LNJnHPUlaI[/youtube]

That is truly hilarious!

Frank can have that as a goal.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This type of thing has nothing to do with football.

That said, I don't mind a little retaliation, if that is indeed the case. However, if this is instigation, it is nothing less than dishonorable. The way it works is who gets caught, but I'd have to go look at the tape to see if he should be fined. I don't like it, but if it were my job to call it to the letter then that's the way it would be in principle.

Also, refs look for this type of thing come playoffs. Dude might need a sting before he costs his own team in the payoffs at a critical time in the game.

That last part might sober y'up about it, eh...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was their rookie lineman Brian O’Neill who was yelling there. He got injured on that play and was writhing on the ground.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If it was deliberate, he should be fined, just as we’d want if someone did that to one of our players.