Kendricks out for year.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Jack Youngblood:
One of the athletic feats for which Youngblood is best known, is that of playing the entire 1979 playoffs, including Super Bowl XIV, with a fractured left fibula.[41][42] He also played in the 1980 Pro Bowl with the injured leg, a week after the Super Bowl.[43] In the playoffs, Youngblood sacked Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach near the sideline in the waning moments of the divisional playoff game versus the Cowboys.[44] Playing with the fractured leg was noted by Sports Illustrated in their Top 10 list of athletes playing in pain

Man up Kendricks!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":376jxwnx said:
Jack Youngblood:
One of the athletic feats for which Youngblood is best known, is that of playing the entire 1979 playoffs, including Super Bowl XIV, with a fractured left fibula.[41][42] He also played in the 1980 Pro Bowl with the injured leg, a week after the Super Bowl.[43] In the playoffs, Youngblood sacked Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach near the sideline in the waning moments of the divisional playoff game versus the Cowboys.[44] Playing with the fractured leg was noted by Sports Illustrated in their Top 10 list of athletes playing in pain

Man up Kendricks!

Do you know the difference between your tibia and fibula? The tibia (shin bone) carries the weight of your body, while the smaller fibula stabilizes things. When both of mine got wiped out by being T-boned by a car while riding my motorcycle, I tried really hard to rehab my leg so I could get back to kung fu (having a black belt and all, it was a big part of my life). After doing single-leg presses for a full year (after finally getting back to walking) and being unable to get over 145 lbs with my bad leg, when I was x-rayed for a follow-up operation it was discovered that my fibula had healed into 2 separate pieces that overlapped in such a way that it wasn't noticed previously. Basically I had been doing single-leg presses with a broken fibula for a year. I guarantee I wouldn't have done a single one with a 2-piece tibia!

So, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pete on 950 was saying this was a knee injury...a little nick 8 week type.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Do we still not have any confirmation of Schefter's report? The ESPN (.com and KIRO 710) reports all say 'sources' which sounds like 'Schefter' to me.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Yeah, Carroll confirmed that Kendricks is done for the year.

He’ll be back in the NFL though, hopefully with the Seahawks, which I won’t expound on. Carroll loves him.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Wow, bad news. Bobby played some of the best ball of his career on Monday night, let's hope he can keep it up without Kendricks being his wing man out there!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his press conference today that he's going to need work done on his knee. He seemed to downplay the tibia injury, but said it would be a 6-8 week recovery.

Elemas

Reaction score
Damn. How far away is KJ?

Injuries are part of the game and the timing is never good but, this stings a bit.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Elemas":2hpmz7xo said:
Damn. How far away is KJ?

Injuries are part of the game and the timing is never good but, this stings a bit.

Pete said it was unlikely he'd be back this week, so I would expect him to be out a minimum of one more week, and with Pete speak it may be several more.

The fact that we only need one more win to make the playoffs, is a good thing. It allows us to let KJ rest and get closer to 100% for the playoffs. Even without Kendricks and Wright, I think we shouldn't have a problem making the playoffs and we definitely aren't winning our division, so we just need to be ready for the post season.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
K.J. Wright participated in walk-throughs but is still a “couple weeks away.”

Fade

Reaction score
I think Kendricks will get a slap on the wrist for his legal case, and will be available to play in 2019. I think the injury makes it to where he is all but guaranteed to be doing it for the Seahawks next year.

I like Calitro as well. The Seahawks have a good situation at linebacker.

Elemas

Reaction score
I was hoping for a slap on the wrist as well. I believe the way he handled it, admitting guilt and paying restitution, would've allowed him to serve out some type of probation only.

Pending his recovery, I would assume the Hawks would be his preference as they went out on a limb to sign him. Not to mention, other teams will probably be hesitant due to the injury.

Kind of makes me think of ET. Not to bring negativity to the topic....just saying...I'd like to have a shot at resigning Earl and would hope he would have a realistic approach as to annual $$

SeaChat

Reaction score
Well Damn Anyways! This really sucks that we just got him back and in his first outing he goes down and out injured for the rest of the Season. I was holding out hope that they got the wrong Kendricks, with his brother having gone down and out with what appeared to be a knee injury for the Vikings.

I'm the forever the optimist, and still holding out hope that it was all just another media mess up. Like when they called an offensive unnecessary roughness penalty on #65, resulting in an automatic 1st Down for the Seahawks, in that same game against the Vikings, and then a minute later, the Officials decided they had the right number but the wrong team, REALLY, how can you get the colors wrong, I mean bright florescent Green or all White with a flash of Purple, and they decide that the got the NUMBER WRONG? Trying to convince the audience, that it was Ifedi who was at fault, and reversed the calling, giving the Vikings the ball, 15 yards down the field from wherever they ended up with it after we punted it away to them instead of playing the 1st down we were awarded two minutes prior.

It really got hilarious when they went to review the penalty and found that Ifedi hadn't done anything that could be considered a penalty, no matter how they tried to justify it, so what to do next? I couldn't believe that they stuck to that call in spite of there being no evidence to support it, and then tried to sell us on the idea that they got both the colors and the number wrong, by telling us that it was indeed #66 of our offense, and how did they deduct that he was the guilty culprit? because "he was a big guy like Ifedi", and wearing a Green Jersey, a real spitting image of Germain, but even then they couldn't produce anything on their replay that looked like a penalty committed by Jordan Simmons.

Did anyone ever wonder why, they didn't go back and look at the entire play, and showed which Viking player actually did commit the foul, show us his number, and let the penalty stand as it was called originally on the corrected Viking number.

Any who, so if Kendricks is in fact down and out for the season, its not "oh boy here comes the bad luck", it's Oh Boy, Next Man Up, and away we go, things are finally as they should be in the Emerald City in that regard. Kendricks is good but under Pete Carrolls system, when he is actually sticking to it, the Next Man Up, is a very workable and winnable philosophy.

The only problem there ever was with it, was that unlike the College days where Pete had fresh talent rolling in and out each season and there was always room for new blood to earn their place, in the pros, when your paying players the big bucks, the home office expects you to play them, even if the young blood might be better. That is why a lot of old blood and big money disappeared in the off season and why so much great young talent has surfaced in their places.

The past couple of years where we seemed to be steadily detiorating, I believe that it was because Pete's Next Man Up, Earn Your Position, philosophy wan't necessarily being practiced, and the younger players quit buying in. After cleaning house and reinstating what has always worked for Pete, we are seeing a well oiled machine on a mission, and with their sites realistically locked on a Shot at the 2019 Super Bowl Championship.

Yes Kendricks was/is a good player, maybe even an excellent player but we have gotten along most of this season without him and the other players who will step in and take over at LB will continue to improve and deliver high level professional performances as well. It's like when Earl went down, and Sherm got his walking papers, Maxy took a paid vacation, Jimmy got sent to Siberia, and many others exited Stage Left, everyone started screaming the sky was falling all the way through the thinning of the herd, and guess what, The Sky Didn't Fall, in fact we got a whole lot better.

The Sky isn't going to fall now either, The Seahawks are following a rock solid game plan, and following a winning formula, that everyone has bought into and is now on board with. If they stay focused and disciplined, they will continue to steadily improve with each passing game, and continue to deliver stellar performances to a man.

More and most importantly, The Seattle Seahawks will continue to WIN Games. I maintain that the Seahawks can beat any team in the NFL any day anywhere, if they just keep on doing what they have been doing, does that mean that I'm suggesting that the Seahawks are unbeatable, no matter which player goes down and which player is the NEXT MAN UP? Hell yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

Go Seahawks !

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pacific101":3honja79 said:
I'm the forever the optimist, and still holding out hope that it was all just another media mess up. Like when they called an offensive unnecessary roughness penalty on #65, resulting in an automatic 1st Down for the Seahawks, in that same game against the Vikings, and then a minute later, the Officials decided they had the right number but the wrong team, REALLY, how can you get the colors wrong, I mean bright florescent Green or all White with a flash of Purple, and they decide that the got the NUMBER WRONG? Trying to convince the audience, that it was Ifedi who was at fault, and reversed the calling, giving the Vikings the ball, 15 yards down the field from wherever they ended up with it after we punted it away to them instead of playing the 1st down we were awarded two minutes prior.

It really got hilarious when they went to review the penalty and found that Ifedi hadn't done anything that could be considered a penalty, no matter how they tried to justify it, so what to do next? I couldn't believe that they stuck to that call in spite of there being no evidence to support it, and then tried to sell us on the idea that they got both the colors and the number wrong, by telling us that it was indeed #66 of our offense, and how did they deduct that he was the guilty culprit? because "he was a big guy like Ifedi", and wearing a Green Jersey, a real spitting image of Germain, but even then they couldn't produce anything on their replay that looked like a penalty committed by Jordan Simmons.

It looked like Ifedi inadvertently pushed the referee while Ifedi was trying to breakup the fight.

In the last couple years, the refs have been extremely sensitive to “being pushed.” Their union has even started tracking the number of supposed “pushes” and has demanded the NFL deter it.

Here’s the video:
[youtube]SDdnHFaRftE[/youtube]

Vikings were definitely the instigators and should have been the ones penalized for cheap shots against Simmons and Ifedi.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":229lkfjm said:
pacific101":229lkfjm said:

It looked like Ifedi inadvertently pushed the referee while Ifedi was trying to breakup the fight.

In the last couple years, the refs have been extremely sensitive to “being pushed.” Their union has even started tracking the number of supposed “pushes” and has demanded the NFL deter it.

Here’s the video:
[youtube]SDdnHFaRftE[/youtube]

Vikings were definitely the instigators and should have been the ones penalized for cheap shots against Simmons and Ifedi.

Bumped out of FG range, no penalty on Viks that would've been the correct call and first down.

Buh buh Bobby Wagner!