Hypothetical: We lock up #5 seed. Do we rest people?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":308sirj9 said:
I think it's clear that Baldwin, Fluker and K.J. aren't playing until they are 100%.

Carroll made an off-handed comment that he would be susprised if Baldwin didn't play this week.

Barakas

Reaction score
I wouldn't fully rest any player but I would heavily consider limiting the snap count for the major players. The secondary effect is getting some of the newer guys some more playing time to get them experience.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Injuries are entirely random. Every horrible injury comes from some stupid random play.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1ct0ui14 said:
I just want the Chiefs to rest their players in Week 16.

Four games have to go perfectly for the Chiefs and Seahawks to have nothing to play for in the final two weeks of the season.

Patriots loss to the Steelers. Vikings loss to the Dolphins. Chiefs win over the Chargers. And Seahawks win over the 49ers.

I think both teams could be playing for seeding. Mostly likely, at least one will be.

OP
OP
KiwiHawk

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3pdcxc4w said:
BlueThunder":3pdcxc4w said:

Four games have to go perfectly for the Chiefs and Seahawks to have nothing to play for in the final two weeks of the season.

Patriots loss to the Steelers. Vikings loss to the Dolphins. Chiefs win over the Chargers. And Seahawks win over the 49ers.

I think both teams could be playing for seeding. Mostly likely, at least one will be.
Patriots are at Steelers, Chargers are at Chiefs. Both are quite feasible, and would lock up the top seed for the Chiefs. They could be resting.

We should take care of business vs SF, and Dolphins/Vikes who knows. If the 84-million-dollar-man plays like Monday, then take the fins.

So yes I am saying there's a legit chance all 4 could go that way, and the prime time game could be two teams with nothing to gain or lose.

knownone

Reaction score
mistaowen":tdgg9jsd said:
Injuries are entirely random. Every horrible injury comes from some stupid random play.
It's not random when you are resting. :stirthepot:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Just watch the video of the Seahawks celebrating in the locker room Monday night. Everybody wants to win and Carroll in particular really wants to hit the playoffs on a seven game winning streak rather than bouncing off a loss that deflates some of the team's enthusiasm.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1jid543p said:
hawknation2018":1jid543p said:
BlueThunder":1jid543p said:

Patriots are at Steelers, Chargers are at Chiefs. Both are quite feasible, and would lock up the top seed for the Chiefs. They could be resting.

We should take care of business vs SF, and Dolphins/Vikes who knows. If the 84-million-dollar-man plays like Monday, then take the fins.

So yes I am saying there's a legit chance all 4 could go that way, and the prime time game could be two teams with nothing to gain or lose.

Basically, three "coin flip" games. Probability of landing tails up three times in a row? 1/8 or 12.5%.

Legit chance? Yes, but not altogether likely. And that doesn't even factor in the small chance of a 49ers upset.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We will only rest guys who might need it for injury reasons. The only way other guys get “rest” is if we are absolutely blowing the doors off the other team, in which case we will likely see substitutions, etc.