Frank Clark "Richard Sherman and his era is over here"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2ro7sn4b said:
You guys love social media and all the BS and crap that goes with getting likes, clicks and friended I can tell. It's all a game to Sherman, every time he gets someone upset over it he puts you in the fish locker with the rest of the fish he has hooked.
So much this. Sherm is the equivalent of the rasslin’ “bad guy” that trashes whatever town their show is in that night.
....and the suckers fall for it. He is the master manipulator. Some of you are being played like a fiddle just like the Niner fans were when he was here.

Ignore the noise.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Yup. It was as bad, as divisive, as I shared in here from time to time.

Some didn't want to hear it.

Too bad.

Good on Frank for letting it be known.

And good on the team for giving us fans a fantastically entertaining season this year.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2k2as5qb said:
chris98251":2k2as5qb said:
You guys love social media and all the BS and crap that goes with getting likes, clicks and friended I can tell. It's all a game to Sherman, every time he gets someone upset over it he puts you in the fish locker with the rest of the fish he has hooked.
So much this. Sherm is the equivalent of the rasslin’ “bad guy” that trashes whatever town their show is in that night.
....and the suckers fall for it. He is the master manipulator. Some of you are being played like a fiddle just like the Niner fans were when he was here.

Ignore the noise.

Ignoring the noise is the right call, but he is far from a master manipulator.

This isnt some grand scheme on his part.

His lashing out has just been bitter, childish immaturity....a side we also saw from time to time when he was here.

Some hawk fans give ol Sherm way too much credit. Like he's some master wizard getting into people's heads.

No.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1q37v7k7 said:
Sports Hernia":1q37v7k7 said:
chris98251":1q37v7k7 said:

Ignore the noise.

Ignoring the noise is the right call, but he is far from a master manipulator.

This isnt some grand scheme on his part.

His lashing out has just been bitter, childish immaturity....a side we also saw from time to time when he was here.

Some hawk fans give ol Sherm way too much credit. Like he's some master wizard getting into people's heads.

No.

Agreed. Often when an athlete's physical abilities start to diminish they try to make up for it with increasingly outlandish behavior. The Seahawks had lots of this going on the last few seasons. This season has been much improved in that regard - as well as many other areas.

I'm just grateful my Seahawks message board production remains at a very high level. I've battled back from a few potentially career-ending injuries (thanks to my team for their ongoing support during those dark days of finger cramping) and hope that once I get past my next contract negotiation, I'll enjoy several more seasons of high production/high entertainment commentary value for all my fans here and elsewhere.

hawk45

Reaction score
I get a good chuckle from the Sherman-as-master-manipulator crowd.

It's always been fan wanking to put a positive spin on a guy with a thirst for drama and poor impulse control. Love the player, enjoyed the soap opera when he was here until the end, but the behavior was always just what you'd expect from a teenage girl right down to the tremulous cracking voice with skip and Erin Andrews. He builds his self image as some trash talker and you can see him straining to deliver the next owning.

And like the teenage girl it's all about him and he turns poisonous when he feels slighted.

People like that will have a small core that realizes they are being emo and sometimes that small voice can steer the outbursts into something that ends up benefiting them but that's not master plan that's just damage control.

I actually enjoy that Sherman is honest about what he feels. It makes things interesting. A Sherman interview has far more value than a russ interview. But he is no smooth operator. He does have perspective when he is calm but he often lets his feelings drive his mouth and it couldn't be more obvious when that is going on.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawk45":2mbh4jow said:

It's always been fan wanking to put a positive spin on a guy with a thirst for drama and poor impulse control. Love the player, enjoyed the soap opera when he was here until the end, but the behavior was always just what you'd expect from a teenage girl right down to the tremulous cracking voice with skip and Erin Andrews. He builds his self image as some trash talker and you can see him straining to deliver the next owning.

And like the teenage girl it's all about him and he turns poisonous when he feels slighted.

People like that will have a small core that realizes they are being emo and sometimes that small voice can steer the outbursts into something that ends up benefiting them but that's not master plan that's just damage control.

I actually enjoy that Sherman is honest about what he feels. It makes things interesting. A Sherman interview has far more value than a russ interview. But he is no smooth operator. He does have perspective when he is calm but he often lets his feelings drive his mouth and it couldn't be more obvious when that is going on.

Which is why last game and this game we have multiple page threads about Sherman, he is in a lot of peoples heads lol.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":1epi1fft said:
I think this guy got it, enjoy:

[youtube]78L9kUEi8eA[/youtube]

This is so descriptive of unhappy fault accusing posters. The segment really should be posted as it's own subject thread. Perhaps it could serve as an aid to nudge some to move on and grow up.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":nyxdy1qf said:
hawk45":nyxdy1qf said:

Which is why last game and this game we have multiple page threads about Sherman, he is in a lot of peoples heads lol.
BINGO! With that being said, let’s go whip up on Sherm’s new team’s ass again and wrap up a playoff spot on their turf! 8) :2thumbs:

Seafan

Reaction score
If Doug is healthy in camp he'll be here. He's worth every cent when he's healthy. He's a leader by example. Great work ethic, just like Russ. Russ relies on him a lot. Hopefully RW will start to develop the same report with guys like Moore, Dissly, Turner and Darboh. The sooner the better.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
toffee":3oqijhzo said:
I think this guy got it, enjoy:

[youtube]78L9kUEi8eA[/youtube]

Yep, pretty spot on, though, the animosity extended well beyond just Sherman. It infested much of the D back then and parts of the offense - namely Beast.

That lost SB hung over the team big time. It poisoned it. Those who pointed that out were right. (and I don't care how many times you did because those who chirped about "moving on" were wrong because you were addressing an issue that remained relevant to the organization and the team moving forward.)

I would also add that the complaints coming from the D during this time period weren't all wrong. Cable sucked. Bevell sucked. Pete had devolved into sucky/phony rah-rah 24/7 nonsense. Oh, and the fans who regurgitated Pete's rah-rah nonsense, well, they sucked too.

The good news is much of the poison from those days has been removed and the Schotty era has brought back respectability to the offense and refocused Pete on doing what he does best which is shaping a crew of young and hungry defense to create chaos on game day.

2018 has been a great season. Hands down among my favorites of all time. And there are some players on the team who feel the exact same way.

GO HAWKS!!!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DJrmb":1v3n4sgx said:
Mad Dog":1v3n4sgx said:
DJrmb":1v3n4sgx said:
SeaWolv":1v3n4sgx said:
For those of us who thought Doug was looking like he didn't want to be at the CLink Monday night I give you this (see 1:04 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6L8maO ... r_embedded

Just because he likes his teammates on game day doesn't mean he likes or agrees with the coaches/front office...

710 ESPN has reported multiple times on their morning show that they have sources that said Doug is one of the anonymous sources behind the SI article that came out earlier ripping the team and Wilson. They've also said that there is major tension between Wilson and Baldwin. You can choose not to believe that if you want but I don't think they're just making that up out of thin air. It would also explain the lack of cohesion between them on the field.

Don't you just love heresay. If you repeat it enough times it becomes canon fact.

Anonymous sources commenting on anonymous sources. What stronger evidence do you need?

I think Doug being hampered by injury and not practicing much this year is accounting for the lack of cohesion. Baldwin had a very good season last year when all this "ripping Wilson and the team" stuff was supposedly occuring.

Unfortunately people have used "anonymous sources" to lie so a lot of people no longer trust that. However, that doesn't mean that it's not true either. It would be rather foolish for a radio host to come out and say what they've said without knowing for sure it was true. That's the type of thing that could permanently damage their career. Also when you're in the business of breaking news you can't just oust your sources, you need that relationship to continue. As I said, you can choose not to believe it if you want but what sold me is when Brock Huard, who is a HUGE homer, said he heard the same things from "people within the organization".

Never ever trust the media. As a physician I can tell you most of what media reports about medicine is at best severely flawed or at worst completely wrong. So if they are that bad in a field I’m well versed in, they are likely that bad in all fields.

They don’t give a darn about truth anymore. It’s about producing a narrative that invites emotions and divisiveness. That’s what sells advertising.

So no, I don’t even trust Brock Huard. I can’t say it’s not true but I will put it into the rumor category , where it will stay until confirmed by sources willing to put their name where there mouth is.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Did anyone else keep their TV on for some of the field shots they showed post game? It was a real eye opener for me as to how a lot of these comments aren't real. Clark came running over found Sherman, and they shared a huge embrace and laughs.

iigakusei

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1q7xa78b said:
Did anyone else keep their TV on for some of the field shots they showed post game? It was a real eye opener for me as to how a lot of these comments aren't real. Clark came running over found Sherman, and they shared a huge embrace and laughs.
Clark has a very smart agent. Why do you think he is taking on a leadership role now? They know when is comes time to shell out big bucks these things matter.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
iigakusei":2iyk63do said:
HawkRiderFan":2iyk63do said:
Clark has a very smart agent. Why do you think he is taking on a leadership role now? They know when is comes time to shell out big bucks these things matter.

Yup.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1npp0dn9 said:

Clark didnt say anything bad about sherman, just pointed out the obvious: shermans not here.

This was far less about sherman and more about clark and his current teammates. But folks couldnt resist making it more (and somehow also about Baldwin)

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of effort posters will exhaust for a little drama.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":l0sho32b said:
HawkRiderFan":l0sho32b said:

Clark didnt say anything bad about sherman, just pointed out the obvious: shermans not here.

This was far less about sherman and more about clark and his current teammates. But folks couldnt resist making it more (and somehow also about Baldwin)

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of effort posters will exhaust for a little drama.

I'll admit I didn't get the Baldwin fall out. I've seen it a lot in other places this year too and am puzzled by it

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Baldwin likely was a down a bit because of the nagging injuries.

He had a great game yesterday will hopefully more to come.

He remains a great asset to the team and an underappreciated receiver around the league.

Tough-tough competitor who has big fans throughout the organization because he treats everyone with respect and consideration including the guys and gals around the facility earning paychecks that are about 1/200th of his.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm acting like they won the Super Bowl when they got their 4th win of the year. And their first in 11 tries vs. the Hawks. How cute

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21s2728s said:
Sherm acting like they won the Super Bowl when they got their 4th win of the year. And their first in 11 tries vs. the Hawks. How cute

True, he really wanted to beat the Hawks. Lots of troubled water still under that bridge.

Good riddance to him. He and a few other players were absolute poison to the overall team dynamic.