Just how good is Jordan Simmons?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Fade":1q1rqbur said:
Simmons is just scratching the surface of what he can be. He could easily put on 10 lbs of muscle & shed 10 lbs of bad weight off of his frame. The Seahawks off-season training & conditioning program tends to produce tremendous results. Simmons wasn't apart of that this year as he was a late add.

Simmons is gaining valuable starting experience here down the stretch. Now with a full off-season with the Seahawks upcoming. You're looking at a player that will be taking a major step forward next season. He is only going to get better.

Jamarco Jones
Jordan Simmons

The Seahawks found a way to add 2 future starters on their O-Line in 2018 with a 5th rounder, and a waiver claim. Not bad.

Not bad, indeed. I love the added touch of Simmons being a Cable cut. I am so thankful for Solari.

sutz

Reaction score
Good enough to maybe let one of Fluker or Sweezy move on to a more lucrative FA contract. ;)

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":3vf2xgzj said:
Good enough to maybe let one of Fluker or Sweezy move on to a more lucrative FA contract. ;)

Don't think these two will attract big $$ FA contracts, quite sure we can keep both at reasonable cost. Our line could be quite set for the next couple of seasons. Fluker, Sweezy, Simmons, Hunt, at interior; then Brown, Ifedi, Fant and Jamarco at tackles

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
King Dog":1d4hc1fd said:
The moral of the story here is, if Cable cuts them, they're probably decent players.

Cable's gift to the Hawks, come to think of it, Cable also rejected Sweezy. Without these two Raiders' rejects, our OL probably won't work as well as Sweezy and Simmons clearly beat out Pocic who hasn't seen the field for months now.

Got to thank Cable for not taking Sweezy and cutting Simmons.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
toffee":33e39ayn said:
I am quite intrigued by a future OL of Jamarco - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Ifedi with Fant as blocking TE. Or Fant - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Jamarco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be shocked if Pocic ever plays here. Also Brown just got an extension. I hope they keep adding and upgrading in the draft.

I also think Ifedi is a one contract guy ala James Carpenter

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
toffee":8oaabrp0 said:
King Dog":8oaabrp0 said:
The moral of the story here is, if Cable cuts them, they're probably decent players.

Cable's gift to the Hawks, come to think of it, Cable also rejected Sweezy. Without these two Raiders' rejects, our OL probably won't work as well as Sweezy and Simmons clearly beat out Pocic who hasn't seen the field for months now.

Got to thank Cable for not taking Sweezy and cutting Simmons.

Cable rejected Sweezy? That was his draft pick...

To add my two cents Fluker and Simmons are both really injury prone if you can keep both one more year you gotta do it

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":3s0nh5k4 said:
Simmons is no doubt a huge and welcomed surprise. That is pretty amazing how quickly we can find decent players that can stand their own once we've gotten Fable out of the way of actual real progress.

My main concern with him is the 4 different knee issues. Hopefully he's worked those health issues out and can continue to contribute. Pocic seams to becoming the odd man out more and more.

Well that didn't take long. Sounds like he has another bad knee issue and may be out for the year. This is like 5 times now. Doesn't sound like Simmons is going to hold up well in the NFL. :cry:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Seymour":331njpsw said:
Seymour":331njpsw said:
Simmons is no doubt a huge and welcomed surprise. That is pretty amazing how quickly we can find decent players that can stand their own once we've gotten Fable out of the way of actual real progress.

My main concern with him is the 4 different knee issues. Hopefully he's worked those health issues out and can continue to contribute. Pocic seams to becoming the odd man out more and more.

Well that didn't take long. Sounds like he has another bad knee issue and may be out for the year. This is like 5 times now. Doesn't sound like Simmons is going to hold up well in the NFL. :cry:

I hope we didn't jinx it but yeah there are a reason guys like he and Carson were available. Durability, matters