Were we not allowed to win

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3g8pw1w5 said:
If there was a big conspiracy to hold us back, then why call the absolute BS roughing the QB penalty that gave us a new set of downs, pushed us near midfield, and ultimately led the FG that allowed us to tie the game and then send it to OT?

It was just bad officiating. Just like the crappy call against Griffen at the end of the game probably ended up making the difference that lost us the game.

You don't need a conspiracy when you have that much incompetence.

Speaking to that roughing call only, (not the conspiracy stuff) landing on the QB with your weight is a point of emphasis this year. It has been called many times and they even got Reed on it last week. It's a BS rule I think, the way they apply it, but it wasn't a BS call in the grand scheme of how they protect QBs these days. You see one or two of them every week. More so early in the year before DL adjusted to it. I think it should only be a penalty when they pick up the QB and pile drive them to the ground. I don't like that you can get flagged for falling on them.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2tpv9wc0 said:
So they're planning the penalites for one game out?

How many games ahead do you think they plan the penalties for?

Nice. :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":28b5wdpy said:
Most penalty yards in franchise history. Hard to overcome.
The sheer lopsidedness in piss poor Officiating calls their legitimacy into question.

It doesn't make it hard to overcome, it makes it nearly impossible, AND, there's not a got-damned thing anyone can do to rectify it, except...……………….The folks at the top of the NFL food chain, and you know that they aren't going to do anything but offer up a lame after the fact apology.
AND NO, the 49rs aren't the "Better Team"...….I mean 3 & 9?....Excuse me, I meant to say with the help from the inept Refs, they are now 4 & 9.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3i6ap61e said:
At the end of the day we played down to our opponents. This loss is just as much on us is it is on the refs. The simple truth is we did not execute, refs or no refs.
So, hmm.....Nope, I ain't buying that, there are a lot of games that don't get called THIS LOPSIDED....This one is in the books as one of the worst since 1979, can you explain that one away?, again.....NOPE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1504vee5 said:

You're way overthinkin' shit...….Orders from headquarters; "Keep this game close, or we risk losing viewership, and the money that it brings in"

bmorepunk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":15b3j59g said:
bmorepunk":15b3j59g said:

You're way overthinkin' shit...….Orders from headquarters; "Keep this game close, or we risk losing viewership, and the money that it brings in"

How did they send the message? Voice conference? Email? Text message?

Also, did they send the explanation to the officials like you wrote it? It seems excessive.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Before I answer I have to know. Do you think the earth is flat and do you think we never landed on the moon?

HawkerD

Reaction score
If you legitimately think the games are fixed why do you watch? And how in the world does a team from the NW make it to the super bowl 3 times in ten years? Why haven’t the cowboys been to the super bowl in forever. Don’t just cherry pick to make your point. Look at 50 plus seasons of history.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2pngmzrs said:
Most penalty yards in franchise history. Hard to overcome.

Thread winner. Avatar winner.

NJlargent

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":19qu9g83 said:
NJlargent":19qu9g83 said:
The 2012 team would have won this game.

7 October 18 at San Francisco 49ers L 6–13 4–3 Candlestick Park 69,732

You missed the point. The 2012 niners were good. The point was the 2012 team that was rising would have taken care of business against a lowly team.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
NJlargent":1y7cims6 said:
coorslighthawk":1y7cims6 said:
NJlargent":1y7cims6 said:
The 2012 team would have won this game.

7 October 18 at San Francisco 49ers L 6–13 4–3 Candlestick Park 69,732

You missed the point. The 2012 niners were good. The point was the 2012 team that was rising would have taken care of business against a lowly team.

We lost to a 4 win Detroit team and a 7 win Dolphins team that season

Tusc2000

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1p4gqcb9 said:
TwistedHusky":1p4gqcb9 said:
If

The commentators said they saw nothing,

And speaking of which, it is getting really old to hear some of these brain-dead announcers keep spouting the company line, aka total BS, "That was an easy call to make!" or "They'll call that one every time!" on penalties which are marginal at best.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these announcers are even watching the game. Looking forward to Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth next week. At least they're not afraid to call out the refs on phantom calls.

HawkGA

Reaction score
seabowl":umktshwb said:
Sure the NFL has a master plan of telling old geezers to call more penalties against one team to affect the outcome of the games. :34853_doh:

I wonder when the last time Seattle got to play a team and have that team set a team record for most penalty yards.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, the Seahawks and 9ers are almost equal for the year in average penalty yards per game. Yet Seattle was flagged for about 2.5 times as many yards yesterday as the 9ers were. This isn't the first time Seattle has been involved in a game with a team that was roughly equal in penalties going into the game only to come out of the game with a ton more penalties than the other team (the Saints game from several years ago comes to mind).

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/p ... s-per-game

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Do people honestly think there is actually a "fix" by the nfl? Do you know how many people would have to keep quiet and stay in line to make that happen? It's like listening to flat earthers espouse their theory that everyone in NASA are liars, and that they not only are able to control our space program, but every other space program on earth. Ridiculous.

What might be possible is one of the refs on the crew having a dog in the fight, possibly due to betting. This would be much harder to control or prove.

Enough with the "nfl is like wwf" stuff. Makes our fanbase a laughing stock. We could have and should have played better if we didn't want to leave it up to Ticky tack calls by the refs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Weren't there NBA officials who eventually got in trouble for effectively point shaving (it's probably called something else when it's a ref).

There's a big difference in level of conspiracy between the NFL being like the WWE and simply being steered or having preferred outcomes. Whether it is preferred outcomes by the league, or officials or somebody in between, the effect isn't any different.

Cartire

Reaction score
There's no fix, just some piss poor calls at crucial times that piled up. Obviously a major factor in the loss, anyone who says otherwise is trying to be the big man at the party, but its all moot.

Regardless, NBC is ecstatic right now. Next weeks game has stakes for both teams making it a must watch game.

I just hope its not raining, because its become more then apparent rain is RW's kryptonite.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I know what I saw penalty after penalty down the stretch. Weather it was by design or not really doesn't matter the net result was SF won as a direct result of those penalties.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":3p5ajy97 said:
Weren't there NBA officials who eventually got in trouble for effectively point shaving (it's probably called something else when it's a ref).

There's a big difference in level of conspiracy between the NFL being like the WWE and simply being steered or having preferred outcomes. Whether it is preferred outcomes by the league, or officials or somebody in between, the effect isn't any different.

Yes the NBA got caught, they denied and denied and then the proof surfaced. People said it was impossible and that it couldn't happen, this isn't the early 1900's with the Black SOX yet there they were. Remember all the side bets and sports bets going on, then remember the TV contracts each year and advertising revenue in the Billions at stake. There are a if I remember 24 new officials this year as well.

If you don't think ratings and a push by either the league or outside influence would not profit from this your crazy, crap how many corperations get caught influenceing the market to make quarters and bottom lines look better then they are. NFL is big business and they have upstart leagues emerging again as well.